This is me! (Management diary)

Nice one! Wear the tight jeans for a day or so and they will "give" a little. I hate washing my tight jeans because I always struggle with them for the first day or so. I prefer my jeans looser (and stinkier!)

Well, I made it! I had the weirdest in-flight meal for a low carber, yesterday. I tried out the BA 'diabetic' offering, thinking it might at least be low GI...

Hmm

Potatoes, bread roll, rice pudding... And then for tea: sandwiches and a pack of raisins!?

Good job I'd brought some Atkins bars and nuts. (am just doing low carb this week)

Had a great conversation with my boss last night about low carbing. His wife is into Paleo, so he knew what I was talking about. She also uses kettle bells!

Feeling a bit homesick today but just did FaceTime with my youngest and my hubby (eldest is at school), which was lovely. Technology is a wonderful thing!

Oh and I'm back into one of my pairs of tailored trousers!! Yippee! Not sure if it's the slim pod or the kettle bells, but something is working.

Got a packed agenda for the rest of the week and quite a lot of office work to do on top of meetings, so I'm not going to be bored... Pity I couldn't afford to extend the trip this time though. It would have been brilliant to spend one extra day and do lots of touristy things (the ones I didn't do last time I was here.)

It's amazing to be back, actually, as my last (first ever) trip to NY was the turning point where I decided to follow the Secret, and as part of that to (a) tackle my weight and (b) get a new job.

Did it!!!!!

Really stressed :-(

The wee small hours in the USA and I have two presentations to give today. Ugh. Not looking forward to it and can't sleep. Also had very intensive and frustrating day's work yesterday. Usually I try to find a positive but right now I can't seem to!

Think I need to get up, prep my slides, and then go back to bed for an hour or so...

You will be fine....you are delivering a speech to a bunch of Americans who will think that your accent is "just darling!" and that you are so little and petite (compared to their concept of small) and they will assume you are related to the queen or at least to Simon Cowell. Make sure you have had a good protein based breakfast to get you through the morning and you will be raring to you. They will all be feeling sleepy over their doughnuts!
Diabetic meal??? crazy - all those diabetics will be running off to the toilets afterwards to take their shots and control the spike in blood sugars. I wonder why? I would go with the basic meal and leave the carb item aside. there is bound to be a meat option.
Good luck for today. How exiting to jet all over the world for your job. Unfortunately my employer (me!) can't quite stretch to overseas trips!

Thanks for the cheery encouragement, nzmegs. Much appreciated! I'm getting through the day but it's tough! Got a meeting, then two presentations back to back and then one more meeting... and then CHILL!!!! I can't wait to be heading back to the hotel with all this done - will feel such a sense of accomplishment. Right. Onward!

I did it! I did it! Go me! Woop woop!!! (dances round room)

Something has disagreed rather violently with me though (sorry tmi). Possibly the Thai soup my colleague ordered for me at lunchtime which did smell a bit strange but I thought it was maybe just an unusual spice I hadn't met before. Now I think it might have been off. Ugh.

But still. I did it!!!!

Great news. It is amazing how we worry so much about things and then it all comes together. You need a bit of anxiety and adrenaline sometimes to get through a difficult task. But now you can really relax. But not with a drink or some chocolate!!

Well, been out of sorts since getting back on Friday. Tired, mainly, but also low (I know these two things are connected). Woke up this morning with a sore throat and bunged up head. Poor me! So I didn't go swimming today or yesterday. Am hoping to do kettlebells tonight if I'm feeling a bit more alive, and then resume swimming tomorrow.

Sigh!

Feeling very fat and rubbish at the moment, despite loads of compliments when I was away. Mad, eh? Strange how being so close to goal those few pounds above it make all the difference, and dwarf everything you've achieved.

Can you tell I'm feeling low?!

The weather is beautiful today and all I can think of is that I can't fit into my white jeans at the moment. Doh! Someone cheer me up :(

So - chuck to white jeans in the back of the closet and put on your favourite outfit (which fits you perfectly now) and get out in the sun. Get some of that vitamin D as it will cheer you up. Also force yourself to take a walk. if you are feeling rough - don't push the exercise.

I get down on myself once a month n the few days before my period, so if this is your issue too, just realise it will pass and let it happen as it happens. There sin't that much you can do, but being aware that the feeling will go is often enough to improve your mood.

I hope things are better today for you.

How astute re TOTM. You're a mind reader! I am soooo bloated though, and having the most horrendous carb cravings, which I'm ashamed to say I've given in to on more than one occasion. I haven't changed my mind re alcohol though, which is great.

Just need to start afresh, set myself a little target and get back on track. I've told myself I'll start again on Monday. I know that sounds like procrastinating, and to be honest it probably is, but I want to cut myself some slack (I only wish my trousers were!! slacks, I mean (ta-da-boom)) and refocus to get back to goal. This spell of ultra-hot weather has reminded me what I loved about being thinner.

Also feeling low about other hormonal stuff too, namely broodiness. DH and I made the decision we wouldn't have any more children because of the unpredictability of his MS, relying on me solely to provide the income for the family (apart from DLA etc and his small disability pension), and my issues with difficult births and postnatal depression. Well, I was kind-of ok with it (also kind-of not, emotionally). We both found it a very difficult decision to make - heads saying one thing, hearts something completely different. Our children are so wonderful - and only getting more so as they get older and develop as individuals - and I am so sad right now to know we will never have another.

I know I "should" be grateful for what we have, and I am - I don't mean to sound ungrateful because I have friends who would love to have the two children that I have, and for various reasons they won't be having children themselves... but I need to acknowledge it makes me sad.

It isn't sending me straight to the white wine though, which I think is progress. Chocolate and nuts, yes, but at least not alcohol.

Well... I stopped procrastinating and went back on slim and save yesterday. One day down and half way through day two, with a horrible headache. Must keep drinking the water!!

Hi Spangly, I am looking at having a few days back on LL because i have a big weekend away planned with my husband. I want to feel slim and slinky and losing just a pound or two should help with that. I am sure i could do it by eating less carbs at home, but my body seems determined to hang on to my current weight. It needs a kick start. Besides the weekend will be full of lots of alcohol. I will be OK with my diet. A cooked breakfast and carb free meals will be fine, but the alcohol is bound to give me a few pounds which will be unwelcome.

What is slim and save like? I was thinking of buying some vanilla shakes for my regular breakfasts. Are they nice?

Aren't you already under your goal weight, nzmegs? Or did you change your goal? (am on my iPad so can't see your stats at the moment).

I'm still struggling with quite a fierce headache. I hope this is going to be worth it in the long run. Just so fed up of not being slim... Aargh. I need to try to remember this in further when I'm tempted by carbs.

Yes, that is true. My goal weight was 10 stone 7. But i have maintained 10 stone 3 for the past 8 weeks and really want to stay at that or below. I have gotten used to it now! So I need to prepare myself for the weekend away so I don't come back and feeling bad about enjoying myself. I think it is a much wiser idea to lose a few pounds first and come back at my normal weight with no guilt whatsoever!

I should probably reset my goal weight to what I am now.

Yes, very sensible!! Only wish I could have been. I will take a leaf out of your book once I get back to goal and definitely before I do any more travelling. Having some pounds in hand sounds like a very good strategy.

I've still got a very sore head today, bordering on a migraine. Not fun! I think it's just the heat and work stress. Am at home prepping lots of stuff as I end up inundated with meetings/emails/phone calls/my boss dropping in/others dropping in, when I'm in the office. And yes, I've tried turning the phone off and closing my door but my boss still interrupts!! He was cool about me doing this today though - I just need to get ahead of myself again!

I think I might be back in ketosis at last... no headache, continual thirst, and general contentment and bonhomie! It's amazing! I feel full of energy and capable and able to get loads done - back on top of my job and working at full speed. Is incredible. Why did I EVER EAT CARBS??! I must be mad!

Will be so good to get back to my goal weight again for the summer... and then I'm going to be so careful with carbs. It just isn't worth it. Still on the wagon, alcohol-wise, too. It just makes such sense to me not to drink alcohol anymore. Life is good! :D

That's great to hear Spangly! It's so much easier to resist carbs once you've gone through the withdrawal and and are in ketosis, isn't it?

Onwards and downwards!

Even went in to(hushed tones) H and B this evening and just looked at vitamins and wasn't swayed by snacks at ALL!!

am sop pleased to hear it spangly. I told you the rubbish feeling would pass. Must have been hormonal. I feel that I am also in ketosis - but not sure that I ever went out. I haven't had a headache at all, but am feeling a bit hungry. I am only doing this until friday though. So not hard to put up with.
Bought a new dress today to go out in this weekend. I will ask hubby to take a photo when I am all dressed up and will post it. it is blue lace and comes above the knee! it is also skin tight... I am going to need to wear my control knickers! Ha! Ha! Tomorrow I will be buying sky high heels. Pity I can't walk in them.

Your dress sounds amazing. Looking forward to seeing the photo!

Are you low carbing on your weekend away? And have you been in ketosis the whole way through RTM?

I've got one more day in the long-commute office today, and then tomorrow I've arranged to be in the central London office, which is much easier to get to. And then I've taken three days off next week so I can have the whole week! It's half term, and I've also got one of my my oldest and dearest friends coming to stay next week from Thursday to Sunday. I hardly get to see her anymore as we live at opposite ends of the UK, so this is a rare treat!

Back