This is me...my incredible journey

Well done Carly,
I haven't found the excess skin to be a problem - apart from bat wings, but lots of ladies my age have them almost as bad.
I KNOW it's better than carrying all that blubber around that I used to have and looks better too.

wow carly!!! 8 stone in 26 weeks!! if thats not inspiration i dont know what is!!!! what were ur weekly losses?? xxx

Ive been on 26 weeks and lost 8 stone, no real tips or tricks, just keep busy on the bad days and ignore all people who feel the need to say how unhealthy it is etc

WOW, well DONE on the 8 stone. How did you combat the boredom of the food choices? Or does it just become routine?? Did you have moments of doubt as well?
gonna flip over and read your notes

You are another inspiration.

Bingo wings....I can handle that. Did you do any exercises along with the diet, Slenda?
I am trying situps, Wii fit, the usual walking and hopefully start back jogging next month. I do have that theraband thing and waiting for my trainer to coach me on what to do ( I know LadyT......I am so posh...lol) My coach is a recent grad and a friend of the family.

Week 4
Day 2

Typical day thus far.

Breakfast - vanilla shake
Lunch - porridge
Dinner - choco shake
Snack - cranberry/raspberry bar

Necked 2 litres of water by 4 pm and now on another litre. I am sure come bed time I will have at least another 500ml - 1 litre. So THIRSTY.
Got invited out for lunch with the gals for next week - had to refuse :( They are going to a restaurant that I know I will have no control. So best just not go. Still not telling as to why I can't, so trying to think of a good response. Shouldn't really have to give one BUT....one gal who is going, I haven't seen for over a year (she moved and is coming to town to meet up).
Guess there will be other times...right? For now; I need to stay focused.

No cravings today, no headache, and no grumpiness. Okay, so it was monday and I did have a SNAP at someone - but they started it...LOL

Basically a boring day. ROLL ON FRIDAY!!!

Hi, you could go and take a bar with you if you really want to see your friends, but you are right there will be other times that you can meet and maybe not hav to explain the plan to them and also be at goal, so every cloud and all that! Keep smiling beautiful!! xx

I think it does jyst become routine for first 16 weeks or so i only had strawberry milkshake! Ive gone wild now and added veg soup and toffee bars!

I think it does jyst become routine for first 16 weeks or so i only had strawberry milkshake! Ive gone wild now and added veg soup and toffee bars!

You are such a Rebel! ;)

Hoping to go back to soup in a few weeks, after the first couple of weeks, I struggled drinking it.

Hi, you could go and take a bar with you if you really want to see your friends, but you are right there will be other times that you can meet and maybe not hav to explain the plan to them and also be at goal, so every cloud and all that! Keep smiling beautiful!! xx

Another challenge came up tonight! O/H's birthday end of May. His family have booked a restaurant for this occassion. Apparently they booked it a few months ago as a surprise!:eek:
Well guess who's eyes popped out of their head tonight?! MINE.
What to do..what to do. Gonna think this one out carefully.

You might have to develop toothache ;) or an upset tummy :sign0137:that day .
By then you could be so confident and comfortable with LL that you'll just say, " I won't be eating this evening. I'll have black coffee and water please" I've done it on special occasions and the world kept turning. xx

You might have to develop toothache ;) or an upset tummy :sign0137:that day .
By then you could be so confident and comfortable with LL that you'll just say, " I won't be eating this evening. I'll have black coffee and water please" I've done it on special occasions and the world kept turning. xx

You are SO right!! By the time his birthday and this gathering of the clans occurs, I WILL be more confident with LL and it won't be a big deal. A big sigh of relief there.
Now to stress out on what to wear! LOL
teasing.
Thanks for reducing the stress Slenda - you are a gem!!

Week 4
Day 3

Breakfast - vanilla shake
Lunch - porridge
Dinner - choco shake
Snack - lemon bar

Water intake is down today by about 1/2 litre. :sigh:
Managed to do business in the bathroom WITHOUT help! Guess drinking water does pay off.:D So will try to get that last 1/2 litre into the old body tonight.

Tonights agenda is a date with my Wii.
I am off work the next couple of days and plan on walking into town and home again. I am defo getting a new pair of trousers AND a couple of pairs of knickers while in town, as I got told today that I have no bum. So happy about that comment because: SOMEONE ACTUALLY CHECKED ME OUT!! :p
Such an ego boost.

Hey missy, SB is always full of good advice! You will get more confident with your decisions in time I am sure hunny!

Look at your with a hot Wii date ha ha!

I dont have any issues with knickers falling down, chance would be a fine thing fior me to have any knicker action (sorry tmi I know) lol

Hope the weather is good for your days off chick! xx

hey hey girl... u getting the eyeful were u! ;) Glad theres some action in the toilet... the water def helps! xxx

I dont have any issues with knickers falling down, chance would be a fine thing fior me to have any knicker action (sorry tmi I know) lol

LOL!! Listen sweets, I am married so can SHARE that statement with you.
Most action my knickers have seen is when I accidently forgot to check the legs of my trousers (you know for any left over socks etc that hide?).
One BUSY christmas holiday morning, I went walking into town to get some last minute gifts. I had quickly put on a pair of jeans that were laying on the floor from the previous night. (skinny leg jeans)
While walking, I thought something was dangling...and brushed it off as my shoelace was untied. No worries, I said to myself, I will tie it up when I get to the mall and can sit down to do this.
WELL.....after walking thru 2 malls, buying what I needed, I was standing waiting for the light to change on a very busy street and I looked down at my shoes(wondering WHY I hadn't tripped thus far with shoe lace undone) when i saw it: my KNICKERS dangling out from under my jean leg!!!:eek:
THere they were...for all to see!! A pair of once white knickers (bridgette Jones style), now covered in slush and muck from the snow covering the streets. There were quite a few laughs in the crowd....including myself. So I politely bent over, pulled them out of my pant leg, and put them in my coat pocket.
At one point, I just wanted the earth to open up and swallow me.
I couldn't stop laughing, in all honesty. Got home, and told the O/H this and whipped out the knickers to prove it.
Only me....only....ME. :)

hey hey girl... u getting the eyeful were u! ;) Glad theres some action in the toilet... the water def helps! xxx

May just change my name to "sizzle hips' now..
:)

Yes, the toilet and I are getting quite chummy now. May get a cushioned seat and REALLY spoil myself.;)

LMAO!!! that's made my morning! What are you like?!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Hilarious, that has to be the funniest thing i have read on here! xx

Glad you all had a chuckle. My O/H tells that story to anyone who will listen with tears of laughter in his eyes.
Never a dull moment in our house.

So I went for my walk into town and dropped into M&S for another look at the trousers. My current ones are big on me and I did get another pair today. Linen trousers that cost 16.00. I didn't want to spend a fortune on clothes at this size cause I am really hoping I will be done another size in a few weeks.
On with the show. I tried on a 16 and ..............it was big. So I opted a size down and actually got into a 14! I double checked to make sure it wasn't a maternity 14 - nope...regular 14!!!!!
Now, they are a BIT tight, but will do for the next while, providing O/H doesn't shove them in the dryer.
Tried on a top on.........sadly 18/20. So it is official, I am an upside down triangle shape.
Next week will get a super duper sports bra and start jogging. One minute jogging, 3 minutes walking etc.. Work my way up that way? Gotta give it a go anyways.

Week 4
Day 4

Breakfast - vanilla shake with a sprinkle of nutmeg
Lunch - choco shake
Dinner - porridge witha sprinkle of cinnamon and a couple of crumbles of the peanutcrunch bar.

Not sure if those spices are allowed or not. From what I can tell, there are no calories in them AND I only did a sprinkle - surely it is forebidden....and Iwill pay that price.

Also, because I was out most of the morning, I didn't have my lunch at the regular time...NOR did I get my morning water in! Paid the price and got 'shakey'.
Went to 5 Numark pharmacies to get my BP done for the checkup and ....they wouldn't do it!! Well, not for LL anyways. Is there something up with this? Tomorrow I now must get an appointment to see my GP and get it done that way.

Been a day, and glad it is over. Need to get my water intake up...take a bath...and LOUNGE for the rest of the evening.

Hope all of you had a truly wonderful day!!

Back