This is my year, EE and Green days with Photos

Hi All. Had my Levothyroxine increased another 25 mcg - 75 mcg a day now - hoping this will bring me into the optimal TSH range next time I have bloods done so hoping for about 1.5 on next bloods. Will be good to see if it helps weight loss but do feel better in myself :)

Hi Sharon
just got a chance to read all your diary, your doing great. well done on all your exercise too, im great talking about it but it never goes any further than that.
you must have cooked everything out of the asia cookbook at this stage, your lucky your hubby will eat it cos mines not to fond of anything different so i normally end up doing different stuff for him.
just out of interest do you know where you are in range now, we are both on the same dose now. When were you diagnosed ? apologies if youve already told me, my memory is gone to pieces lately.

Evening Ladies
I'd like to introduce you all to my new plate, it's smaller that the rest of my dinner plates and I'm hoping that it will help me lose weight easier lol

I like to see a full plate and find it difficult to leave anything behind so I will still do that but hopefully be eating less too

image-4063591452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Moira. Hubby is dieting with me although only me at SW class and has lost 16lbs so far. He's easy re food as likes the same foods as me and happy to dip in a bit with the cooking. The whole family eat the same and have been really loving the meals - we're having more varied meals each week than before I was dieting. Definitely love the Asia cookbook :).

About 12 weeks ago my TSH came back as borderline hypothyroid, strong family history and I don't think prolonged stress at work helped the situation. Level was just under 6 and as I'd been unwell for sometime which we had out down to stresses after I lost both parents in 2011 and then perhaps being peri menopausal I'd just been putting up with feeling generally quite down and not A1 with worse PMT symptoms etc than usual. After annual blood checks has review with GP and told him how unwell I was still feeling so in light of symptoms and the borderline levels he decided to treat. Started on 25 mcg for 6 weeks, repeat bloods showed improvement into 4s, increase to 50 mcg for another 6 weeks, actually felt worse that month even though level came down to 2.77. We discussed optimal levels and decided to increase to 75 mcg and see what the levels show in 6 weeks, if it's too low there is an option to alternate 50 and 75 mcg days, but I am feeling so much better at the moment, but we talked about aiming for the optimal level if 1.5

I don't exercise that much. Do some walks here and there and that cycle ride was christening by fire, not having cycled for two years and I never was that good :) - 15 miles - it was on the flat and trust me I have saddle sore arse and achy thighs lol. Did do loads of aquafit last summer but got out of the habit over the winter and then with the fatigue etc just didn't feel up to it.

Last edited:
Sharon,
It looks like you have a good doctor and your going in the right direction thankfully. Im glad your feeling better now, it takes a while dosent it.
The bit im finding the hardest is waiting 4 to 6 weeks to see what the medicines are doing , i know why i have to wait but i have no patience lol. i faxed my blood results off to my endo this morning and she will hopefully ring me tomorrow. Im wrecked tired this evening i think its just cos i know im back to work full time this week and have to get on with it lol off to bed soon for me i think, just need to try and remember what i ate today first for my diary.

Wed 12 June extra easy

Breakfast ...,, porridge 35 g muller light and strawberries

Lunch........ Turkey and ham salad from local deli

image-1710803381.jpg

Dinner.........omelette with ham, tomato, mushroom, cheese 40 g & extra mushrooms on the side

image-3576953842.jpg

Snacks....... I was hungry all day so had 1 banana, 2 bowls of strawberries and pineapple with 2 muller lights.

Syns ...... Milk in 3 teas (3) 1 czeck lager (1) 1 cappachino (3.5) 1 alpen light bar (3.5)

Sharon,
It looks like you have a good doctor and your going in the right direction thankfully. Im glad your feeling better now, it takes a while dosent it.
The bit im finding the hardest is waiting 4 to 6 weeks to see what the medicines are doing , i know why i have to wait but i have no patience lol. i faxed my blood results off to my endo this morning and she will hopefully ring me tomorrow. Im wrecked tired this evening i think its just cos i know im back to work full time this week and have to get on with it lol off to bed soon for me i think, just need to try and remember what i ate today first for my diary.

You've really been through it with the surgery too, in comparison mine is more straightforward from reading your diary, but yes a good GP. I hope you get things sorted soon, the waiting game's not easy but once it's sorted it will all be worth it. Even after a holiday or a few days off it's normal to feel tired going back to work and getting back to routines and when you've been under the weather it's even harder. Hope things get sorted for you soon.

Medicine update.......... Just got my phone call from my Endo, she has upped my dosage to 100 mcg daily and more bloods in 4 weeks

I'm happy with that, hopefully my numbers will start to come down now

Good that she's upped your dosage but looking at your number I'd not be surprised if it will need to go up again yet but you have to do the small increments to see. Good luck with it and hope it starts making you feel better in yourself too soon. You will get there with it x

Just prepped pork and veg ragu and it's now simmering in the slow crock - recipe from the all in one extra easy cookbook. Looks like it will be yummy, going to have it with noodles after SW class later - takes 7-8 hours to cook. It's a non spicy one Moira so maybe your hubby would go for something like that?

Evening ladies,
got my blood results back today and as i expected im now underactive, correct range for TSH is 0.2--4.0 and im now 6.96 FREE T4 range 9--19 and im 11.4 which is too low, it should ideally be 17 /18 this explaines my weight gain for the last 2 weeks, but ive no idea how i managed to lose my half pound last night. anyway i will be faxing these to my endo tomorrow morning and awaiting her phone call. my gp has told me to increase my eltroxin 75mcg from 3 days to everyday and not to wait on her reply before doing anything. im really lucky to have a good team of doctors who thankfully all work together to help me, but i do think we all need to become much more involved in our own health too. anyway enough about that, im feeling good and just hoping the increase will halt my downwards slide into hypo, i expect more blood in 4 weeks will let us know. food diary for today in the next post folks x

Hi Hun

Just having a catch up with your diary (been a bit preoccupied with stuff going on at home:()

Sorry to hear you've now gone underactive....thats exactly what happened to me when I had my Thyroid removed (though they knew immediately that this would be the case as they had to remove more of the thyroid than they initially thought) My weight ballooned from 6st 13 (yeah ridiculously low:eek:) to over 10 stone in a little over 2 months after the Op. Hopefully you will find a happy medium sometime soon and settle on that dosage. You are very lucky to have such a good team that keep you so fully informed with all your results.....20+ years ago when I was going through it all they did was say "the results are in the normal range" :mad:

Keep up the good work with the foody plan hun....just got the Asia cookbook myself, not done anything from it yet, I'm too busy having a scanbran cake thing going on LMAO :p xxxx

I'm sorry to hear you're now underactive. But really pleased that you do have a good Dr and that things are quick to happen. It must make a world of difference :)
And mega well done on the half a pound loss!! I celebrate these like they're a half stone lol. And considering you've been going worse thyroid wise it's an even bigger achievement :D x x

Evening Ladies, i sat down to watch a programme on telly last night about cats at 9pm and had planned to update my diary too, the next thing i knew it was 12.30am and time for bed. Id slept the whole night on the sofa. guess i was more tired than i thought. lol other than that im feeling grand

anyway i hope yous are all keeping well.

Sharon.......... what an amazing loss, 3.5 lb wow you must be so pleased. and remember your medicines not even perfect yet so twice as hard to do, so well done you

Dizzy............ i know you have been having a rough time lately,so thanks for taking the time to cheer me up. i hope it all works out for you. your a great woman for those cakes, you must have bought up all the supplies of scan bran in your area

Cheekychinchilla....... I see you were off work this week, How are you feeling ? When are you back to work ? Any news on your scan ?

Mandy.............. its friday so i hope your enjoying your glass of wine, hows the week going for you ? I think i will pass on the hash recipe thanks, i think im in agreement with Rob on that one. Any weekend plans ?

Ria...........I hear the new big Tesco in Newry is fab so im gonna take a spin down the weekend for a nosey around. The Irish summer is over i think, its lashing rain here. hope the diets going ok, by the way your mum sounds like a great cook, I love her deserts lol

anyway im working tomorrow so off to the bed soon, just gonna update the diary first x

Thursday 13 June extra easy

Breakfast......muller strawberries pineapple

Lunch.......1/2 pk tesco flavoured couscous tomato sm tin tuna

Dinner....... chicken and bacon burger chips beans and tomato it was just lovely and not like diet food at all

image-2662239063.jpg

HEa milk in teas
HEb bread roll
snacks muller strawberries and 1 banana
Syns 1 czeck lager (1) 1 popcorn (2.5) oil for chips (2) 1 cappachino .(3.5) 1 alpen light (3.5)

Forgive me whilst I have a rant!

Blood test results back from doctors today, Ive gone underactive AGAIN! I am SO fed up of this. I try to take control of my life and stop being a fat slob and this is how my stupid body does this to me.

Feel dreadful for having a rant when you guys are going through so much more so I am really sorry.

Rant over x

Friday 14 June extra easy.

Breakfast porridge muller strawberries and 1 banana

Lunch I had a big turkey and ham salad from the local deli ( I had a photo up the other day )

Dinner
Worked till six and decided to go food shopping after, so got home and other half got a pizza while I had the wee m & s rolls and crisps

image-576503495.jpg

Snacks 1 banana strawberries muller

Lots of syns for today ....... 2 wee rolls (6) 1 Bacardi (4) 1 crisps (5) 1 rich tea biscuit (2) 1 cappachino (3.5) 1 alpen light (3.5)

Just checked my syn for week so far and I'm still within limit, I've used 48 out if 60 so far, so grand

Forgive me whilst I have a rant!

Blood test results back from doctors today, Ive gone underactive AGAIN! I am SO fed up of this. I try to take control of my life and stop being a fat slob and this is how my stupid body does this to me.

Feel dreadful for having a rant when you guys are going through so much more so I am really sorry.

Rant over x

Rant away Vicky, you have nothing to apoligise for, we are all the same here and your problems are no less than ours, wait till you hear me in a few weeks lol
you are doing grand, havent you lost nearly 2.5 stone. its gonna be a long time till i ever see that off.
this is just a setback and it may take you a bit longer to get the weight off, but it will still come off for you. did you have your meds increased ? all we can do is try and eat as healthy as possible while we are waiting for the right levels, dont get disheartned, you can stick with this and win.......

Back