This is my year, EE and Green days with Photos

Hi Bikerbabe. Hang in there - the results may well show next week - I've gained before not knowing why and then the following week it came down - maybe just a fluid gliche. Disheartening I know but it may even follow a pattern. Good luck this week. The burger press looks good - I normally just hand mould mine - babybel light 2 syns in the middle is a nice optional extra for homemade burgers.

Last edited:
Well here we are again at the start of another week, i tried to do success express today. thanks for all the positive words it really makes a difference.
Breakfast.............35g porridge, muller light, 1 banana and 1/2 punnet raspberries
Lunch..................just put together a quick superfree salad with some ham and 20g feta, used 2tbsp of extra light mayo on the apple and celery and it was lovely

image-3158208225.jpg

before and after of my skewers from this months magazine page 82, chicken tandoori and spiced lamb koftas. i dident use mince just wee pieces of lamb instead, my daughter made them up this evening and i fired up the disposable barbie.

image-1653961311.jpg

I had no snacks all day and was starving so ended up eating 4 skewers, not really a 2/3 split but close enough. served them with roasted butternut squash, mixed peppers and red onion (all superfree )

image-913839853.jpg

HEa..............25g feta
HEb..............35g porridge and 1 alpen bar

syns..............2 tbsp extra light mayo(1) 2 sainsburys czech no alcohol lager(2 )

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Re: Thyroid Troubles, EE and Green days with Photos

Yum! Did the skewers taste as good as they looked?

Morning Mandy, yes they were grand.
The chicken ones were the nicest we thought, ( my daughter & i ) they had the spices and natural yogurt to coat them and neither of us like the yogurt taste so we were pleasantly surprised with the lovely curry flavour off them.
Maby I should have used the lamb mince for the other ones cos they were very bland. My hubby refuses to taste any of these things so I usually do him a big pot of spuds with plain meat. Oh the joys lol
How did the no alcohol day go ? as u can see I had the taste without the alcohol or the syns, what am I like lol
I think if im going to be doing success express for the foreseeable future I'm gonna get very bored eating veggies, so I'm gonna challenge myself to make sure I've something different to eat each day. !!!!!
Any nice plans for today ? I'm only working from 2 to 5.30 yeaaah

Hi Moira
I think I'll give the chicken ones a go - I'm turning into a right copy cat - can I move in with you to save cooking? lol.
It's my day off today and I was supposed to be starting a sw class, but my very unreliable friend has let me down again. I could go on my own, but I'm too chicken to go for it, so I'll keep plodding on from home.
We got some good news this morning, my cat Bailey had his review at the vets and is doing really well. He's only 9 but has serious heart disease and things weren't looking good for him a couple of months ago, so I'm very happy about that.
I'm also trying out new veg at the mo and have treated myself to some courgettes today (I know how to live) any ideas what I can do with them?
I'm not missing alcohol yet - it'll be the weekend when it all goes wrong!!
How are you coping this week at work?

Hi Mandy, good news about your cat, we have 3 cats here but only 1 lives inside. They are just like kids, spoiled rotten.
You should have gone to group, remember most women there will have joined on their own and everyone is there for the same reason. The worst bit is walking in after that you will be grand.
Courgettes well in my opinion they are bloody tasteless lol. I always think they look good but I think are only good as a filler in a dish like bolonaise or stir fryer, you could maby slice them thin and pan fry with a bit of chilly and garlic. If you find any nice recipes let me know please.
Work is grand, I'm a hairdresser ( self employed ) came in to do

Sounds like a perfect day at work!
I'm still thinking about going to a group, there is one more local to me than the one I was going to join today, so I might go along to that, to be honest I fancy the social side of it.
I'm starving too - it's dangerous being home alone all day...I keep eyeing the courgettes up, but they're not inspiring me yet!!

You've not been on - hope all is well.
I miss your diary x

Food diary for Wed 29 May.

sorry for the delay in putting this up i sat down last night and fell asleep on the sofa, i slept till bedtime lol
was working all day today so back to being busy.
anyway still trying to do success express..........

Breakfast................porridge, muller light and fruit, lots of fruit u can hardly see the porridge underneath lol

image-43500391.jpg

was at home for lunch................... so did a quick stiryfry, i just threw in peppers, onion, mushroom that i had in the fridge and some frozen veg too
more fruit and yogurt. thank god i like fruit otherwise i dont know what id do.

image-3068292800.jpg

Dinner................as you can see a salad.......free food, turkey, ham, sweetcorn, egg......superfree food,beetroot,lettuce,tomato,cucumber,onion peppers, apple &celery

HEa......... 40g feta cheese
HEb x 2........porridge, 2 m and s bread rolls

Syns..........1 greek muller (0.5) 2 tbsp el mayo (1) 1cappachino (3.5) 1 alpen light (3.5) 1 hoops and crosses (4.5)

image-61549807.jpg

Last edited:
Thur 30 May

Breakfast................porridge, muller light and fruit

Lunch.................sweet and sour mugshot, this is the only flavour that i like and they are very handy for work and guess what........more fruit with muller light

Dinner was the nicest thing ive ate in a while................i pan fried mushrooms, onion and those wee sweetcorns with a bit of yorkshire relish to spice it up a bit for my 2/3 superfree and had it with some steak. I toasted my wholemeal roll and mixed 1 tbsp el mayo with a wee bit of wholegrain mustard and topped my roll with it and then put the steak on top, it was so tasty

HEa.... 40 g cheese
HEB x 2.....porridge 35 g and 1 wm roll

Syns1 tbsp mayo (0.5) 1 czeck lager (1) 1 hoops and crosses (4.5) 1 cappachino (3.5)

image-1270972638.jpg

Last edited:
Hi!

Hope you don't mind me popping in, I have been on levothyroxine for the last 11 years I was diagnosed at 13 and have been taking 75mg and 100mg alternate days ever since. I don't believe with my medication that I have the metabolism of a 'normal' person. As I struggle to keep weight off so much! I did ww previously and lost a lb a week and never more, but it went straight back on and I didn't eat enough to compensate the gain! I'm now trying again and accepting that I will have to be on a diet forever to stay where I want to be. Sorry I have just rambled!

Hope they find your right level soon, it's such a pain but we have to live with it! I still find I'm very find I have some of the symptoms i had prior to medication. The hair loss, sleepiness, brittle nails etc!

Good luck on your journey! Xx

All is good at the mo, I just hope I don't blow it again at the weekend. I'm going to join a Tuesday evening class that I can walk to from home, it's the one I fancied before but my friend persuaded me to go to the Wednesday one near her. I was daft to agree cos it's a 15 min drive, but I wanted a bit of support. I'm determined to go now!

I get weighed in the morning but I don't expect a good result. You should do really well this week the way you're going on.

Sleep well and don't wear yourself out at work x

Hi!

Hope you don't mind me popping in, I have been on levothyroxine for the last 11 years I was diagnosed at 13 and have been taking 75mg and 100mg alternate days ever since. I don't believe with my medication that I have the metabolism of a 'normal' person. As I struggle to keep weight off so much! I did ww previously and lost a lb a week and never more, but it went straight back on and I didn't eat enough to compensate the gain! I'm now trying again and accepting that I will have to be on a diet forever to stay where I want to be. Sorry I have just rambled!

Hope they find your right level soon, it's such a pain but we have to live with it! I still find I'm very find I have some of the symptoms i had prior to medication. The hair loss, sleepiness, brittle nails etc!

Good luck on your journey! Xx

Hello there Skinnybean2b, great to have you join in.
I think there seems to be a lot of people with weight problems even though they are on eltroxin, its very early days for me and i really hope i get it sorted soon.
Can i ask how often you get your blood checked ?
mine are being done monthly to start with. Before the surgery it was every 6 weeks for the last 2 yrs.
The range in ireland for TSH is between 0.2 and 4.0 my first set of bloods had me at 3.85 which is far too close to being underactive so thats why the endocrinogist upped me from 50 mcg every day to 75 on 3 days and 50 on the rest each week. She wants to get me between 1.0 and 2.0. I personally always feel my best and have no problems with weight when im between 1.0 and 1.5 so thats where im aiming to be, how long it takes me to get there will be another story, i imaging im gonna need more increases of eltroxin. Im used to being overactive so its a big change for me not to be going 100 miles an hour but im feeling ok so far and taking life easy.
at this stage i need to see this diet as damage limitation, i will probally not lose weight but hopefully i can limit my weight gain by not overdoing the food.

Are you doing a food diary ?

Friday 31 May............. Success express

Breakfast................porridge, muller light and fruit. i bought a fresh pinapple yesterday and it was yummy, i had forgotten how nice they are. last year i went mad eating them and i think i overdone it a bit and ended up sick of them lol

image-1926456947.jpg

Lunch..............2 m and s rolls with cheese and fruit and muller

image-1817428117.jpg

Dinner.............freefood 1 egg, 1 baked potato topped with wee tin tuna mixed with sweetcorn and 2 tbsp el mayo. superfree salad lettuce tomato cucumber peppers topped with 1 tbsp el mayo

HEa.............. 40g cheese
HEb..............porridge, 2bread rolls

Syns...........2 tbsp el mayo (1.5) 1 czech (1) 1 greek muller (0.5)

im so looking forward to tomorrow night till i have a few bacardi and cokes the simple pleasures in life lol

Last edited:
I'm glad I spotted your diary. Hope you don't mind me posting, but I've been chasing a diagnosis for underactive thyroid since March. I even put myself through blood tests (my only phobia) and had to be quite heavily sedated to have them done :eek: They came back as 'normal' and my Dr put down my A4 list of symptoms to a depression crisis. I didn't buy it, but whatever. The major symptoms I have are trouble losing weight/over the top gains, extreme exhaustion - to the point where I've started crying when I wake up :eek: , hair thinning, etc...
I did a lot of research in to thyroid problems and asked the two people at work who have recently been diagnosed and started treatment through a private GP.

Last weekend at work I couldn't stand up for very long, was very dizzy, almost fainted a number of times, my heart rate dropped, and I couldn't find a pulse.
I saw a Dr on Tuesday explained what has been happening, what new symptoms I had ('lump in the throat'). Funnily enough I have now developed low blood pressure - I'm a heart patient so I know for certain I've never had this before. And she also examined my throat and neck and my thyroid is enlarged! So she's requested an appointment for me to go have it scanned. Which is great, but also pretty scary.
I got a print out of my results and my TSH is 4.7. The NHS guidelines allow up to 6.0 :eek: So it's funny that you say the guidelines in Ireland are different, as they are if I were to go private. Even the thyroid charities have them lower than the NHS.....
Since Sunday I have been very ill. Incredibly dizzy, palpitations getting worse, some chest pain, an increased 'lump in the throat', and just this constant feeling of being drunk/hungover. I've also noticed that I'm getting this feeling of moving and talking in slow motion more and more. sometimes it feels like there's a massive weight on my hands and it takes a lot of effort to make my fingers do stuff :confused:

Does any of this sound familiar at all? I'm starting to get really fed up and pretty scared :eek: Just wondering if you could offer me some advice over speaking to the Dr? I've booked another appointment for Wed to basically tell her how bad I am and that I'm not coping at all.

Sorry to take over your thread :eek: xx

Back