This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Good for you Smiley, I think Diem is very wise. Besides, I read the link that she posted and eating exclusively those foods would be seriously disgusting. I hope clean and green does the trick for you!

B xx

Hey hon -

2 things, and I hope I don't come across as interfering in making recommendations, but your menu isn't clean and green to me.

Cream, in my opinion, would be a much better alternative to using exante - just keep the amount to under 2 tbsp per day. Exante and atkins ardnt compatible and its always always better to use whole foods. Berries are an owl food not induction and you might be better to switch them to rhubarb if you absolutely need fruit. I'd say, though, that cutting out sweet things for a week may help. Sugar free jelly can also stall me personally.

Second, don't keep your calories too low. You fasted yesterday and as I understand it part of the benefit in occasional fasting comes from keeping yourself out of 'starvation mode' by eating well the next day.

1000 calories a day is too low on Atkins. It's too low on a basic calorie counting diet - no advice book will tell you to go under 1200, and if you're doing Atkins properly then 1500 is a good base to aim at.

Atkins, at it's heart, involves eating good, healthy whole foods with plenty of natural fat. It's a high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate diet.

You sound stressed to heaven right now and I don't blame you but remember this : you've already done so well. You're maintaining well even if you're not losing and this is a marathon not a sprint. You don't need to punish yourself with a diet, the most successful diets are the ones were comfortable and happy with.

ML, that's lovely thank you, I like straight talkers and appreciate your post, all based on experience I know. Today, since reading your post, I have actually portioned out cheese & cream and this will help to control things, whilst 'allowing' myself to eat them. I had a 3 egg omelette with 15g cheddar for breakfast. Onwards......

Last edited:
Thanks Susie, sometimes I end up feeling silly on here because of course i pour everything out, lunging from one new 'great idea' for weight loss to another, only ever going back to the original plan anyway! So, big hugs are welcome here!

Morning, your posts sound exactly how I feel since Xmas, I am a bit all over the place at the moment, but gave myself a good talking to at the weekend and hopefully back on plan now.

Had a gorgeous walk along the cliff top with DH & the dog. It's a lovely crisp, sunny day - the sort that gives you a real glow in your cheeks. Clocked up a few thousand steps too.

ForumRunner_20130205_112837.png

ForumRunner_20130205_112818.png

ForumRunner_20130205_112757.png

ForumRunner_20130205_112739.png

Exhilarated was just the word.

Lunch was 2 lettuce cups (60g total), filled with a slice of smoked Bavarian ham in each, and egg mayo made with 1.5 eggs, 20g mayo & 15g butter. After, 50g cream cheese with 1 capful Da Vinci egg nog.

I am weighing everything today, instead of hazarding a guess. It's making a huge difference, I feel serious & organised. I'm also at 950 cals already & only 3g carb, meaning plenty of room for my dinner tonight - roast chook, cauli mash & broccoli.

Morning, your posts sound exactly how I feel since Xmas, I am a bit all over the place at the moment, but gave myself a good talking to at the weekend and hopefully back on plan now.

Xmas and this time of year really does seem to do a number on us, doesn't it. I've certainly struggled more recently than at any time over the last year. I also noted that I started all my most successful dieting periods during April/May.

Lovely pictures Smiley. And weighing helps me enormously, it's a little bit of a pain but I weigh absolutely everything even the stuff I use all the time - I never or rarely judge it quite right on my own.

Oh dear, it's finally come and bitten me on the bum. Got upset to tears about having no work, feel embarrassed by it and finding it hard to see a way through. It will pass i know, but the feelings of uselessness I have been trying to ward off, combined with being pre menstrual are making me feel bleeeeuuuugggghhhh.

Made a lovely few spoonfuls of something sweet (pmt issue) - half avocado whizzed up with 5g cocoa powder, 1 tsp butter, a drop of vanilla & liquid Hermy. God knows if legal, but made me feel better. Was a gorgeous chocolate mousse.

Oh love. I know that place well. You just have to muscle through - even long tunnels have light at the end.

I hope you feel a little better soon, an sure you needed to get it out xx

Yes, it feels a bit better. Hopefully will feel a whole lot better after DH's hospital thing tomorrow. There's a whole lot of worry incase it's not simple skin cancer (nothing to indicate that, just me over worrying). Also, of course it'll be completely A-OK if I get the job!

Totals today, 10g carb, 1507 cals.

This afternoon I was invited to interview for a job with the NHS on Fri. It's given me a bit more hope, but again only part time. However, I am qualified for it and hope to be able to change it to full time (apparently this is a possibility). Will ask on Fri.

Totals today, 10g carb, 1507 cals.

This afternoon I was invited to interview for a job with the NHS on Fri. It's given me a bit more hope, but again only part time. However, I am qualified for it and hope to be able to change it to full time (apparently this is a possibility). Will ask on Fri.

It must be! They're always complaining about bring short staffed lol.

Do you have a pic of your mousse by any chance? I just can't believe you've made something sweet out of an avocado..it's not computing for me lol, I thought a picture might help!

B xx

Big hugs, hun you are having a really rough time at the moment xxx

All the very best of luck for the NHS job, it sounds like a good start especially if there's a chance of making it permanent.

Back