This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Morning Caroline

Love your dining room, think you may have to be my colour consultant for the new place :)

And really pleased to hear that work has improved, hun xxx

Awwww, Thanks everyone! I love doing the interior decorating for this place. I dreamed about it for months!
The spare room is next. Plastering this week, then decorating in two weeks. It's all sloped in there from the eaves and it adds character. The headboard wall will be a kind of portofino Blue and the rest a hint of grey. Should be lovely.

Yesterday I started my induction phase again.
B - cream cheese pancake with 1 tbsp cream
L - pork salad
D - bolognese with cheese
2 litres water, sugar free jelly, 1 tbsp cream.
Hurrah, I've started at last!

Hi Caroline,

Your sooo lucky, I love doing up and decorating & housey shopping more than clothes shopping!!

Our place was a shell when we first moved in 8years ago. We spent the first 3years ripping out and doing up bit by bit....we always waited and got all the things we wanted rather than just what we could afford..... then kids came along!!! Not gonna say no more.....apart from I'm not decorating again now until they're 18 and left home!

The place is gonna look beautiful when you finish x.

Hope you have a good one x.

That's nice Susie, duck egg Blue is pretty.
My menu today has been:

B - 2 cream cheese pancakes, 1 tbsp cream
L - cold cheese omelette (couldn't find the microwave! )
D - small chicken curry, sugar free jelly with 1 tbsp cream.

I have felt full all day so must be getting the Atkins edge.

It's been a good day at work and a nice evening too. I love that, everything feels balanced. :)

That's nice Susie, duck egg Blue is pretty.
My menu today has been:

B - 2 cream cheese pancakes, 1 tbsp cream
L - cold cheese omelette (couldn't find the microwave! )
D - small chicken curry, sugar free jelly with 1 tbsp cream.

I have felt full all day so must be getting the Atkins edge.

It's been a good day at work and a nice evening too. I love that, everything feels balanced. :)

Morning Caroline,

love the menu, how did you make your chicken curry? I'm wondering if I could use soya cream instead of cream?.. Or just use coconut milk/cream yumm

i love duck egg blue too :) it's so regal with white borders in high ceiling homes.

glad you've had a balanced day, they always make us feel just right.

Morning Caroline,

love the menu, how did you make your chicken curry? I'm wondering if I could use soya cream instead of cream?.. Or just use coconut milk/cream yumm

i love duck egg blue too :) it's so regal with white borders in high ceiling homes.

glad you've had a balanced day, they always make us feel just right.

Hi G, my chicken curry was an onion puréed in the blender (leave out if you want lower carb), fried for ten mins in butter and or coconut oil. Then fry the chicken off in with onion, add some curry powder, spices, or Pataks Balti paste (as I did), add chilli and some water and single cream, plus some spinach et voila! Soya cream should be fine.

Another good day, work, met mum for coffee at lunch. Then this evening home alone as dh working, cleaned up a bit after the plasterers mess, made pancakes for tomorrow's breakfast and lunch for work, watered the garden, rang some friends, about to read my kindle download How To see Yourself As You Really Are by the Dalai Lama - I hope I'm ready to see myself as I really am!!!!

Today's menu

B - 2 pancakes 1 tbsp cream

L- low carb pizza, spinach salad

Too many cherries throughout the day, and have lost the Atkins edge. That will teach me!

D - spinach and Brie omelette

Low carb cheesecake mix

I MUST LEARN THAT FRUIT STALLS ME

Good morning Caroline,

well done on eating too many cherries, bet you were not expecting that hey? ;) better than something real naughty but know what you mean about losing the Atkins edge, does t to me all the time :( i should know better too....but fruit is to die for when on this diet, I dream of bananas :)

thanks for the tips on the curry, sounds lush and I'm going to give it A whirl :)

Good morning Caroline,

well done on eating too many cherries, bet you were not expecting that hey? ;) better than something real naughty but know what you mean about losing the Atkins edge, does t to me all the time :( i should know better too....but fruit is to die for when on this diet, I dream of bananas :)

thanks for the tips on the curry, sounds lush and I'm going to give it A whirl :)

Hey Lauren,

Another good day, thanks crunchie it's Friday tho - wowee it's been warm at work. Dh came to meet me for lunch today, that was really nice. We sat by the river and it felt great. The plasterer finished today, but two weeks to wait before painting.

Tomorrow I am off to meet a friend I used to work with in Canterbury. I can't wait to see her, it's been waaaay too long.

Think I will cook up some meals for the week over the weekend too. Not too sure what yet, but I'm sure I can find some inspiration in my low carb cook books.

Menu today:

L - wasn't hungry so just a diet coke

D - smorgasbord of ham, Brie, avocado

Damn, now I've just eaten half a bag of cherries!!!!! Aaaaaarrrghhh

2 litres water and numerous black coffees.

Last edited:
Another good day, thanks crunchie it's Friday tho - wowee it's been warm at work. Dh came to meet me for lunch today, that was really nice. We sat by the river and it felt great.

Oh that sounds lovely hun, a perfect lunch for good weather :)

And try not to worry about the cherries, you sound like you're craving fruit - so let yourself have them. I have moments when nothing but pineapple will do! :)

Oh pineapple, that's interesting Susie.

Another good day here, much cooler. Ended up repainting the kitchen.

Menu

B - 1 sausage, fried parma, mushrooms

Throughout evening - nuts, berries and cream, Ham and egg salad.

Not much else to report today.

That curry sounds lush. Can't wait to try it. Cherries are in season and lower carb than other fruits so don't worry.

Hope you had a good time with your friend. :)

Hey Lauren,

Another good day, thanks crunchie it's Friday tho - wowee it's been warm at work. Dh came to meet me for lunch today, that was really nice. We sat by the river and it felt great. The plasterer finished today, but two weeks to wait before painting.

Tomorrow I am off to meet a friend I used to work with in Canterbury. I can't wait to see her, it's been waaaay too long.

Think I will cook up some meals for the week over the weekend too. Not too sure what yet, but I'm sure I can find some inspiration in my low carb cook books.

Menu today:

L - wasn't hungry so just a diet coke

D - smorgasbord of ham, Brie, avocado

Damn, now I've just eaten half a bag of cherries!!!!! Aaaaaarrrghhh

2 litres water and numerous black coffees.

morning Caroline,
hope you enjoy your time with your friend, I don't have any apart from online so would love to meet people for coffees etc.
I must buy some low carb cook books because I eat the same things all the time, not bored yet but will be :)

after your menu your should absolutely be losing loads of weight, you don't eat that much.

Lauren, there is a kindle book on Amazon called Satisfying Eats by Melissa Monroe McGehee and I love it. It's low carb, sugar free. Today I made raisin cinnamon bread from it, it's great!
I also have The Low Carb Gourmet from Amazon, it's also good.

Had a lovely time catching up with my friend over coffee, and a quick look around the shops. Tomorrow I am collecting two of my best friends from the station, as we're all off to another friends funeral. It will be a sad day, and the end of an era in many ways.

So today I've made tomorrow's dinner, and breakfast, eaten loads of gooseberries and cream and nursed my poorly dog. Who knew tea tree oil is poisonous to dogs???? Not me, but I sure do now. The poor mite couldn't walk, was weak and trembling. She has rallied a bit now.

Menu:

B - 2 pancakes cream tayberries

L - salmon avocado Mayo

Snacks - nuts, gooseberries and cream, raisin and cinnamon bread (low carb).

Lauren, there is a kindle book on Amazon called Satisfying Eats by Melissa Monroe McGehee and I love it. It's low carb, sugar free. Today I made raisin cinnamon bread from it, it's great!
I also have The Low Carb Gourmet from Amazon, it's also good.

Had a lovely time catching up with my friend over coffee, and a quick look around the shops. Tomorrow I am collecting two of my best friends from the station, as we're all off to another friends funeral. It will be a sad day, and the end of an era in many ways.

So today I've made tomorrow's dinner, and breakfast, eaten loads of gooseberries and cream and nursed my poorly dog. Who knew tea tree oil is poisonous to dogs???? Not me, but I sure do now. The poor mite couldn't walk, was weak and trembling. She has rallied a bit now.

Menu:

B - 2 pancakes cream tayberries

L - salmon avocado Mayo

Snacks - nuts, gooseberries and cream, raisin and cinnamon bread (low carb).

awe Caroline,
nsorry to hear about the funeral, hope you are all ok. I hate funerals, luckily haven't been to many but that's because I've no friends and they have all been family funerals.

wow tee tree oil...I never knew either. I have a list of whats poisonous because I have so many and last year we planted loads of trees and shrubs so had t be careful. Glad to hear she has railed a bit now. Finger crossed for her.

il get those books :) I so need some inspiration.

your menu sounds so nice, I've not had pancakes in decades :)

hope you have a good day!

Oh big hugs hun, for the funeral and being worried about your puppy - hope he is all better now? I never knew chocolate was deadly poisonous for cats :eek:.

Satisfying Eats sounds great, will have a look.

Hugs for the funeral, such a difficult time.

Glad to hear dog is better.

The website 'I breathe- I'm hungry' is really good for lc recipes too, although she now has an ebook for £ there are a lot of free ones too.

Back