This time...

Hi Tbag - I know what you mean re social events! It is tough but I just picture myself looking amazing in a beautiful dress at the end of November (my next big social event!) and although it might not seem it at the time, I do know it will be worth giving up the drinks after work at the moment. Of course, these are just a few drinks after work so I don't feel too bad by being a temporary hermit!

My OH is doing SS with me and the other night we went to the O2 to watch a show......didn't involve food or drink, we felt like we'd had a wicked night out and distracted us from the 24/7 thoughts of our diet! I think we are going to try and do more stuff like that if we can, so we don't feel completely deprived of all social events.

I have had some negative comments in response to my decline of some invitations, but I have found that if I tell people that I am not drinking then they tend to be ok with it. I prefer not to mention that I'm on CWP because of the inevitable 'comments' that people who have no idea what the plan involves feel the need to tell me. My boss yesterday told me that his sister, 'who is a doctor' would tell me that it is a ridiculous diet' and I said 'Hmm, thats funny, because OH's father was so impressed with our weight loss that he spoke to his doctor about it and his doctor has lost 7 stone on it HIMSELF and has recommended it wholeheartedly to OH's dad and he has an appointment with a consultant booked up for next week......but nevermind!'.

I'm probably just wasting my breath anyway!

You keep going! 20lbs to lose! I can't wait until I'm in that position!!! Some people seem to love the fact that we are overweight.....I think it makes them feel better about themselves!

Oh dear - ended up meeting a girlfriend for a drink last night and had 3 large glasses of red wine! B****cks!

AND, I have people coming round for Sunday lunch today, so just meat and veg for me, and no red wine!

Hey Tbag did you have a good weekend? Even if it was off plan? I'm on day 1 of restart after 3 weeks of naughtiness. Roll on the fun....

Sorry I've been a bit quiet!

So after 1/2 bottle of red wine on saturday and 4 tablespoons of extra creamy vanilla custard on Sunday and another glass of red wine, I hoped I would get 2lb weight loss.

I'm amazed the scales at CDC said -3lb :)

Bit worried about next week though as I'm away for the weekend, and I don't want the friends we're away with to know I'm on Cambridge. Although, they do know I'm on a diet so hopefully they understand when I don't eat and drink LOADS. As long as I can eat protein and veg only, and maybe just one glass of wine per night, I should be OK. I just want to STS for next week really, if I put on weight I will be gutted!

Booked my flights to NY this week, leaving on 2nd Dec for one month. So would love to be at goal and on a higher step by then so I don't do too much damage over Christmas! Eeek!

wow well done on the loss ive been awol and just ruined my work, so back to day 1 :) x

So fortunately for me, we're no longer going away for the weekend! Just going out for the day on saturday, so means only 1 maybe 2 meals out and if I'm really careful I reckon I can stick to plan! Woo hoo...... although I think it's sad I prefer to stay home from a weekend away because I'm on a diet!

I too prefer to avoid social events as i feel like im encouraged to eat or here comments about diet bla bla, so the more of a hermit i am the better sometimes :) x

Went on our day out with friends today and managed to stay pretty much 100% on plan apart from one glass of vino. Porridge for breakie before we left the house, sneaky shake (tetra) at lunchtime and seafood salad for dinner with 1/2 glass of red wine (forgot my husband stole the last few sips, so only 1/2 glass!)

Home at 8.30pm and now watching X-factor and having frozen tetra. Lovely!

For some reason it doesn't look like I'm losing anything this week??? I know I shouldn't, but I get on the scales everyday, and I've STS for 3 days now! I'm only 1lb less than I was at weight in on Wednesday?

Grrrr - seeing as I didn't go away I was hoping for another 3lb week!

Managed the gym last night for the first time in 2 weeks. And scales are finally showing a loss, so hoping for 2-3lb tomorrow at weigh in. I'm working all day tomorrow, so got weigh in at 8am on the way. At least I don't have to wait 3-4 hours before I can have breakfast this way! Normally I have weigh in about 11am and never have anything apart from some water beforehand.

Weigh in 30mins! Arrrggghhhh.... fingers crossed 2.5lb minimum...

2.5lb off. Bit disappointed as I stuck to plan this week and only real cheat was 1 glass of red wine... oh well, better than nothing though.

well done on the loss :) its very good im getting weighed friday really enjoying the diet :) xx remeber thats 2 and a half bag of sugar :) when you look at it like that its alot :D

OK, so had my first disastrous day! Went for dinner with colleagues to a mexican restaurant and had starters which included a slice of quesadilla with cheeses and a mini taco, and chicken salad for main. Plus 2 x vodka and diet coke, plus a glass of wine!

Definitely out of ketosis now... and feel really bloated! And out tomorrow for best friends birthday drinks, and dinner out on Saturday night, and lunch on Sunday... what the hell am I going to do!

Really pannicking about this week... any advice?

Relax, be as healthy choice as possible and the do a few days sole source and it will be gone xx

Urrrggg - was 100% yesterday, and scales say I'm back to pre mexican weight, but really having a "I can't be bothered" week. Still got 2 more social events to get through this week, so it's going to be tough.

This diet is BORING!!!!

Right, I've been quiet on my own diary for more than a week.

Update: Only lost 3 lb in the last 2 weeks, was feeling really down about things, feel like I have no social life bla bla. I have also started back at the gym, and hired a personal trainer to try and shift this wobbly tummy / post pregnancy jelly tummy!

So.... spoke to my brilliant CWPC and we decided to move me up onto 1000 calories as I'll be going to the gym 3-4 times per week. She thinks this is why my weight loss has slowed down over the last 2-3 weeks, because I didn't tell her I was exercising.

So we'll see what happens over the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully if I can still get 2lb weight loss per week then this is the right step for me and I'll be happy!

Finally I can eat real food again! Roll on low fat yoghurt, fruit and the occasional sweet potato! :gimi:

So I have been less than good this week so far, even on 1000!!! Seems I might have over indulged as I know I can eat again, however I've counted calories on my fitness pal, and it's not the food, it's the wine!!

Had my boss' leaving do on Wednesday so drank about 4 glasses of wine, and then last night was a girls night out (first one in 6 months!) and I consumed a whole bottle of red wine on my own! So in 3 days, my food calorie count was 2600, but my wine calorie count was 1500!!

Must stay away from wine

Will SS+ for the next 2-3 days to try and recover

Hopefully if I can STS I will be happy this week!

I've managed to be good for the last 48 hours and stay within 1000, and AVOID alcohol. Yesterday was hard as my brother and his family came for tea and there was cake and biccies etc, and then my son went trick or treating so we have loads of fun size choc snacks around. But I did it, over by 37 calories but thats ok.

Made a recipe from the cambridge book last night - green thai prawn curry with rice noodles. Needed salt and more curry paste, but wasn't bad for a first try.

Might try the tuna fishcakes tonight.

Scales are saying STS at the moment with 48 hours to weigh in. If I could lose 1lb I would be amazed and grateful!

Going to gym tonight, and then have my first personal training session at 9am tomorrow - yikes!!

Back