Thomasina's final push!

Oh T I do sympathise, it's really stressful getting in the right frame of mind for operations, minor or otherwise.....ive just done a couple of weeks of tfr and lost 9 lbs, had a week off just eating suppers but going to go back on it next week....good luck x

Glad to see your finally getting somewhere with your op babe!!! It will be all over soon :) Keep trying your best food wise.......the rest will follow x

Oh T I do sympathise, it's really stressful getting in the right frame of mind for operations, minor or otherwise.....ive just done a couple of weeks of tfr and lost 9 lbs, had a week off just eating suppers but going to go back on it next week....good luck x

Well done Sandra xx

Thanks ladies.

I just feel in a very strange place atm! It just seems my health is stopping me from doing anything. We are so desperate to start trying for a baby but will now have to wait until I have my nose op. I have told N the day I have it I am coming off the pill!
Then the hospital is taking ages sorting out my knee. It has been 9 months already and not a lot has happened. I've put on over a stone since it started- partly because of not being so active but mostly because I guess I have given up. I am so inpatient and so frustrated by the situation I have lost my fight if that makes sense?

I'm not too worried about the surgery I just didn't realise I would have to take so long off work! But saying that it will be nice to relax although my Mum is planning to come up so I will be spending most of my time looking after her!

I think the problem at the moment is I have lost my fight. I don't feel in control of my life and what is going on and I have given up. I really don't like my job anymore and really want to give it up and do something that I love or get some satisfaction/sense of achievement but financially we can't afford to do that. I just need to find some of that spirit again and I will be fine!

Sorry for the long boring post I just needed to get it off my chest!
Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend x

Aww honey you must be feeling so frustrated :( I can see how you must feel you've lost your fight but you must keep that chin up!!

First things first get your health sorted! Yes it's been a long wait but surely they can't put you off much longer!!!

About the job I would urge you to stick with it for now, you will be trying for a baby soon. Use your maternity leave to really examine what you want to do, rather than make a hasty decision now.

You've come so far hun, just keep going a bit longer xx

T, life is about the fight. Fighting for what you want. Find out what it is you want and go get it :)

Aww T, big hugs to you hun.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a magic wand we could wave when things are not in the place we want them to be! I sometimes think these obstacles are given to us to test us in some way, maybe its all a learning curve, goodness knows, but I can only agree with Emma and Tanya.

I would suggest too wait till the op and reassess the situation again then, in the meantime, just try your best T. All good things come to those who wait xxx

Aww honey you must be feeling so frustrated :( I can see how you must feel you've lost your fight but you must keep that chin up!!

First things first get your health sorted! Yes it's been a long wait but surely they can't put you off much longer!!!

About the job I would urge you to stick with it for now, you will be trying for a baby soon. Use your maternity leave to really examine what you want to do, rather than make a hasty decision now.

You've come so far hun, just keep going a bit longer xx

That is exactly what my Mum said Emma! very wise words and really is the only thing keeping me here!

T, life is about the fight. Fighting for what you want. Find out what it is you want and go get it :)

Tan just a bit tired of fighting all the time. I need a break!

Aww T, big hugs to you hun.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a magic wand we could wave when things are not in the place we want them to be! I sometimes think these obstacles are given to us to test us in some way, maybe its all a learning curve, goodness knows, but I can only agree with Emma and Tanya.

I would suggest too wait till the op and reassess the situation again then, in the meantime, just try your best T. All good things come to those who wait xxx

Thanks Mary. Just need to get the op out the way and at lead that is something ticked off the list!

Well feel a bit better getting things of my chest. I am the biggest control freak and I guess I'm just not in control atm and it is freaking me out!
I am also having a really horrible period even though I'm not meant to come on with the pill that I am taking :(

Anywhooo I am going to get back on Exante form thursday and see how I go. I'm really bloated and yuck and just feel a bit pants generally so hopefully that will help a bit.

I also haven't had much sleep recently in the cross over between doing lates to earlies so I am going to go home this afternoon and have a nap and then cook sweet and sour chicken for N as it is one of his favourites and I've been a bit of a moody mare recently!

I will get there one day!

I don't think you've lost your fight T ... Once a fighter always a fighter ... I think you're just a bit tired at the mo .. tired of fighting - tired of HAVING to fight and tired of things being added to the fighting list - more obstacles.

So have a rest! Stop fighting for a little while and - at the risk of sounding a bit pious "Let go and let God" ... while you're busy fighting you're not giving Him/Her a chance to help!
(Forgive me those of you who see this as a load of baloney ;))

Just my tuppence worth ;) xx

I think you have hit on the head Jan. Slowly getting there though :)
Health wise things are a bit better. Put in a formal complaint about the hospital because I have been messed around so badly and funnily enough I got called up for an appointment the same day! Just waiting for a MRI now which should show up why my knee isn't healing. The 2 Dr's I saw can't agree on a diagnosis and I'm just stuck in the middle!
Also got an appointment through for an ultrasound on the 3rd to check my ovaries are OK and then just waiting for an operation date for my nose surgery and then will be well on the way to recovery (hopefully!)

Diet wise hasn't been great but not too bad and I have still lost 2lbs this week. Not in the frame of mind for Exante atm so I am not going to push it.
In two minds whether to follow Paul Mckenna again or to do 2 products a day and then a meal. Not to sure...

Anyway hope your all having a wonderful weekend x

If you can say 'diet not been great' yet lose 2lbs you're not doing too bad kiddo ;)

Just go with the flow till you know where you are - you're doing fine :) xx

Agree with Jan :D x

I see what you mean! Ok put it this way we ate loads of kebabs, burgers and pizzas so I feel I could have done better!

I seem to have caught a fitness bug from somewhere and really enjoying it! I'm doing about 10k on my bike a day and some weights with N. I have decided to do Paul Mckenna again properly and also going to weigh in with my sister every wednesday.
Hopefully all this combined I will get there!

I've ordered a book of Amazon called Too perfect: when being in control gets out of control. I've always been a control freak and extremely impatient but it is getting worse now and I'm getting a little OCD when it comes to switching things off and locking the front door to the point that sometimes I will get to the bus stop and it stresses me out so much I have to go home and check. It also does affect my relationship with N sometimes because I can't relax until the house is perfect and it has to be my way! I know why I'm like it I just don't know how to stop! This book got really great reviews so fingers crossed!

Hopefully the book will help then T :)

So, you ate kebabs, burgers & pizza's and lost 2lbs?!!! cow!!! ;) aha x

Thanks Tan!
I know this is the bit I couldn't get my head round! I think it was becasue I had a training day in London and although was on my sticks I walked loads and was way more active than I have been. And now I'm having a good couple of days I've been trying to use the stairs instead of the lifts and stand at work rather than sitting. Every little helps!!!

Indeed it does :D x

Good luck with the book ... sounds good! :) xx

I've been a bit naughty and been lurking for a while sorry :( just had a funny week and haven't really felt like "talking".
Diet has been rubbish but there has been a lot going on!
N has been granted his indefinite leave to remain in the UK which is fab and means no more shelling out £1,400 for visas!
My book has been going really well and I am definitely more aware of my behavior and I am definitely thinking a bit more before I speak/do something.
Have been a bit sad though as one of my best friends is involved in something that is massively been played out in the media atm and I went to smiths today and my friends face was on the front page of 3 papers. I feel so so sad for her and her family. She is the most wonderful person and was such a rock for me when I was going through my tough times. And just seeing her all over the newspapers/tv just makes me feel very sad and I can't seem to shake it. She is so so brave and I just wish I could do something to help.
Anyway back to Exante tomorrow. So maybe Sarah and Lisa we can all support each other?
Need to catch up on everyone's threads! Hope your all ok x

Hiya lovely,

Fab news about N and the book helping.

Hope things for your friend work out ok.

The exante will be delivered friday so Sat is my start day for it so will be here for u wen needed! Good luck x x

Back