those who've been doing it for a while - do you really lose your hunger?

angi

Well I am on day 4 and although part of the day i'm not hungry at all (so maybe going into Ketosis?) I do still get pockets of hunger which can be quite intense. I keep telling myself that once I've been on it for a couple of weeks I won't feel hungry and that is what is keeping me going. Do the experienced LTers ever feel hungry? How long did it take for your hunger to do in the beginning? Thanks

hi, im on week 7 also....dont think im hungry anymore just the temptation to ram summet down my mouth when im feeling really hard done by gets me lol....but rest assured those moments are few and far between and now I generally have to remind myself its time for my shake.... (I know that sounds impossible because the first fortnight I nearly chewed my own arm off!)....I remember reading these threads and people saying it gets easier....and thinking yeah rite!..but I was wrong, the wise peeps who hve done this for the lond haul are all knowing and hunger will pass, so keep at it, your doing fab!! xx

Sal

yes, the hunger really does go. I am on day 17, and most of the time, I just WANT something to eat. I am not actually hungry.

I have just finished my second week. The hunger does go, but when it is time for my shake I do feel sometimes like I REALLY need them. Also, when I am cooking for my family I do have a tendancy to smell food! A lot! ha ha. It is getting much easier tho so stick with it xx

I think it really depends. Hunger doesn't go away forever, I'm on my fifth week and I get hungry sometimes, but sometimes I could walk around the best food and not even want to take a bite. It's fluctuating I would say, probably depending on your level of different hormones in the body. What I know for sure that hunger always goes away at some point whether you eat or not.

Thanks all that's good to know, I am now on day 5 and not feeling as hungry, I must be in ketosis by now surely? Staying with relatives next weekend and can't get out of dinner so I'm going to make the best of a bad situation and bring some chicken and brocolli to eat myself, nothing else, do you think that will ruin everything or will I still be able to keep my ketosis? I don't know what else to do as I can't just sit there with my shake whilst they are all eating (it's my partners relatives I've never met before) that's just too embarrasing!

Back