Thought I'd give it a go!

I think it's trickier for me because I'm an emotional eater, so if I'm working longer hours and find it stressful, I'll find it more difficult...plus just not having the energy levels while working 10+ hours on a fast day is tough.

I totally understand that I am the same. If I am angry I eat, upset I eat, happy I eat!! I will eat for any occasion. The only time I didn't was when I first started with depression and panic attacks but it would be a bit extreme to go back to that ha ha

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just got in from the gym and my hubby had made quorn curry with rice-so nice but means that I have blown my fast! Oops!

Whew, glad this fast day's over! Looking forward to weighing myself in the morning, though slightly apprehensive too!

1lb gain for week two :-( I blame it on pigging out on takeaway pizza last weekend. I enjoyed that though! I think I'm back in the early stages of 5:2 where I'm eating too much on feast days.....really hope it settles naturally. I hate the thought of calorie counting on feast days!

Thanks. I feel pretty good....still feel quite fat though! I'll give it some more time and see how it goes. I'm not giving up yet!

Went out for a 3 course meal last night and feel rotten! Had amazing hot choc fudge cake with I've cream for pudding! Just don't enjoy that stuffed feeling any more :/ going to Llandudno today staying over and another big meal aaaagh 3 weeks tomorrow until vegas! Eek!!

I'm debating on whether to go ultra low carb next week, as well as fasting twice. I find cutting carbs soooo hard but it usually does really speed up my weight loss.

Just stocked up on lots of low carb food. I'm even having skinny gin & tonics tonight instead of my normal white wine. From tomorrow I'm going to see how a week of 5:2 plus low carb goes. I'll probably still have porridge on non fast days, but no sugar and no junk food. Fingers crossed!

For a low carb snack I'm stuffing a bell pepper with feta cheese, Olive oil, herbs and some flaxseeds and baking in the oven.

Last edited:
Good luck!

I wanted to try going low carb today but fell into a packet of after eights. May try a couple of low carb days next week...

Bleughhh I feel yuk! Stayed over in Llandudno last night and hreakfast and tea was a ball you can eat buffet! Plus ice cream..chippy etc thinking of doing something similar caz but only cutting out bad carbs! Just done my online asda shop and it's all healthy x

Low / good carbs only going good so far. Was going to fast tomorrow and Thursday but just remembered I'd arranged to go to a friends on Thursday for a meal. Hmmmmm....looks like I'm either doing two fasts in a row or fasting this weekend :-(

Anyone else fasting today? J

ust made my normal fast day lunch - 44 cal cup of soup with loads of fresh veg. I'm curious to see if I feel any different today with not having any sugar over the past 2 days. Hope so!

I'm fasting too. Hot water with slice of lemon for breakfast! I'm
Cutting out all snacks apart from fruit and Healthy nuts until Vegas felt much better without them during lent!

Whew, struggling a lot more than normal today. Feel quite low blood sugary / run down / hungry. I think cutting out sugar and bad carbs as well as fasting is a huge shock to the system!

I've been ok. Think my body needed it after how much I've eaten at the weekend. Just had some terrible news though one of my cats at my mums has died :( heartbroken. Determined not to reach for the biscuit tin because that won't help. Stay strong caz and have an early night x

Back