Thought I'd give it a go!

I never used to wait so long before eating then tried it one day and it's so much easier and you can enjoy a nice meal at night x

Wow, two fasts in a row was really tough, but I'm now back in the 190's! First time I've seen the 190's in over a year. Trouble is, I know I'm gonna gain some back on my up days, which sucks! I'm going to make myself have porridge for breakfast....feel like I need some fibre to get things moving again!

Hopefully surviving these has given me a big enough boost to get back on track!

Just a quickie.... Fasting on Monday and Tuesday was tough, but I felt really, really good all day yesterday - had loads of energy! Unfortunately, I got a bad headache yesterday evening and still have it this morning. This is exactly what happened the last time I tried this diet - I would get really bad headaches a day or two after fasting, so bad that I struggled to function at times. I'm assuming that it's due to dehydration and will try to drink more water the next time I fast because I really want this to work!!!!

Well done on a 2 day fast! I love the slim feeling after a consecutive day fast but dehydration or sugar/caffeine withdrawal could be the cause. Plenty water in small amounts often will flush those toxins out :) have a great day today xxx

I've given up all things sweet for lent! Choc sweets cake etc aaaagh! So after my gain at weight watchers last week I refused to stick to it since out of progress and just ate 'normally' and lost 1.5 last night!

Just goes to show!

So I think I'm going to have to return to fasting and at least with lent I can't pig out on naughty treats on feast days so fingers crossed!!

I did 5:2 for a few weeks last year and really liked it but at the time I had a binge eating problem and so that just took over the benefits. After a course of hypnotherapy and CBT last Sept I'm finally free of bingeing. Don't get me wrong, I still fall off the wagon too often and eat too much choc and crisps etc but it's not the completely uncontrollable compulsion that I used to have.

Now that it's under control and I've had a good period of maintaining my weight (albeit maintaining an overweight weight!), it's time to get the weight down again.

So, first fast day is to be on Monday! Feeling excited and confident for the future.

Also signed up to race for life and a 10k walk so that should keep the fitness on track too.

I really want to do CBt and hypnotherapy! There's no point spending money on diets constantly and failing if your head isn't in the right place so sometimes feel treatment is the answer. Saying that I do feel that 5:2 changed your mindset and after just 1 fast last week I feel miles better. Looking forward to fasting tomorrow :)

I really want to do CBt and hypnotherapy! There's no point spending money on diets constantly and failing if your head isn't in the right place so sometimes feel treatment is the answer. Saying that I do feel that 5:2 changed your mindset and after just 1 fast last week I feel miles better. Looking forward to fasting tomorrow :)

Paul McKenna has a new book called 'Freedom from Emotional Eating' which came out after I had finished the hypnotherapy but I bought it and I've just started to listen to that trance. May be worth a go?

Only managed one fast last week, mainly because I was busy looking after the latest addition to our family! She's 9 weeks old now and is a real handful! Potty training is not the easiest and I've had to go buy a carpet cleaner. Lol

Started jogging again, which really feels great. I'm planning to very slowly increase my distance. Right now I'm able to jog a mile and it hurts afterwards!

Fasting today. Who's with me?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 41
Back