Three little things

Dub07

I've had a BAAAD week, sinusitis and a grotty throat, so been off SS and low-carbing, but to keep me focussed, I've done three things which have helped a lot.
  1. I've put enough too-small clothes (some towels & sheets required also) in a rucksack to get to the amount I still have to lose. (just over 3 stone)
  2. I've put enough too-big clothes in a black plastic bag to weigh the amount I've already lost (around 20lbs)
  3. I've started a line of insulating tape on a wardrobe door (on the inside). 16 inches doesn't seem like so VERY much until you see its length in front of you.
As I continue to lose, the clothes in the rucksack will be washed, pressed, and put into the wardrobe so that the rucksack continues to weigh what I want to lose. The clothes in the wardrobe which get baggy will be washed, pressed and put in the black plastic bag, and will be bulked out with sheets/towels if necessary! I'll keep up the line of tape inside the wardrobe.

It has really helped me to actually lift 20lbs of weight and go eep, or to lift the much heavier rucksack and think to myself "omg - I'm carrying that everywhere with me!"

I'm sure this isn't original, but it's helping me to actually realise how much I will help myself by keeping losing. I'm really looking foward to giving that black plastic bag of too-big clothes to charity - if I can lift it!

xx

Last edited:
what a fantastic idea! That makes it so much more real doesnt it? well done for finding such a great motivating tool xx

That's a really good idea and will motivate you over the weeks to see your bag getting heavier hehe

What a brilliant idea!

I keep working out my weight loss to the number of bags of sugar!

Just try lifting three stone with one hand, STBG. You'll appreciate what I've still to lose, and what you've already whizzed past!!! :D

Back