Thrice a Bridesmaid - Thrice the Diet

well done my shop all prepared came to about 70 quid!!!! eek!! but that does include some stuff for batch cooking and some tupperware to store batch cooking so hoping it'll last me two weeks fingers crossed!

tucking into my last pizza right now and all set for tomorrow.

plan is this:

Poached eggs on toast (heB and 3 syns for butter)

spaghetti with prawns and chilli from magazine for lunch and dinner

mugshot for snack, cold meat, tomatoes and sugar snaps for evening of babysitting to keep me going.

In terms of activity i'm going to attempt to start the 30 day shred - dont know if i have the commitment for 30 days but seems worth a shot, the house is getting gutted tomorrow through the day and i'm babysitting at night with work left over from this week at work to keep my mind busy and off snacking plus there's always knitting as a fall back.

i'm as ready as i'll ever be I guess!

wish me luck

Day 1

Well so far so good.

Got up d0one day 1 of the 30 day shred - it is proper hardcore! Don't know if I'll have the motivation to do it every day but I'll try -even every 2 days is better than what i'm doing just now.

Also going to try to take some measurements - dont have accurate scales in the house so cant weigh in properly until tuesday night class but thought i would start now anyway

Also just had poached eggs on toast using my new microwave poacher - have a feeling that will be very well used through the diet - 2 poached eggs in a minute perfect for me!

My bread is from a 400g loaf and is brown, but its a granary loaf (all the shop had left at the time) don't know if it technically can be a heB but I'm going to count it as one as it was delicious and the only way that i'll ever stick to brown bread!

so the diary of the food...

10:00 Large glass water
10:30 Large glass water
11:45 Poached eggs on toast with I cant believe its not butter light - (3 syns)
15:20 Spaghetti with prawns, chillis, tomatoes and rocket (pg 35 of magazine)

Total syns so far - 3

Last edited:
Ok so slight slip up last night due to being under prepared and being stuck in a house with no microwave for 8 hours.

Ended up having a mugshot - ok, velvet crunch - 4 syns thats still ok, but then 2 slices of toast (already had toast today) and a yoghurt that is so synerific I dont even want to think about it.

but... these are my practice days, i dont join class officially until tuesday, this is helping me get into the swing of things and recognise danger zones - mainly night time it seems.

Today I have had:

Poached egg on toast - HEb & 3 syns
Prawns spaghetti thing I made yesterday - 0 syns

Also have a pot of the ragu from the magazine bubbling on the stove which I will use to make the Basque chicken stew from page 65 of the magazine for dinner tonight and freeze the rest for quick and easy pasta sauces with no syns

Not done my day 2 of the 30 day shred yet - cant believe how sore i am from yesterdays - I will attempt to do it later this evening though, trying my best to stick to it - although does anyone know if it has results if you do it every two days - thinking that may be more feasable for me in the long run!

hope anyone that reads this is having a good weekend

dxx

ok - just done day 2 of the shred - feel better for it - and i think it went quicker today!

actually feeling pretty smug with myself had a day cooking - ok with limited success - good ragu made with some frozen for future pasta sauces.

Basque chicken stew from magazine made - not sure how thats gonna be - used chicken thighs as directed but seemed really fatty so think i lost half the chicken and not sure what to eat it with - maybe pasta - any suggestions?

also just made the canelloni from the magazine - never made or even ate canelloni before but it looked nice - however - cant believe how fiddly it is to fill the tubes, and not sure if you were meant to cook the tubes first - i didnt now concerned that they may be crunch but hoping to have that for dinner after ive flung myself in the shower - means a slight change of plans to the menus for the week but not the end of the world just have the chicken stew when im supposed to have the canelloni

feeling pretty good today :) especially as i was offered a choccy biscuit at a friends house and said no without a minutes hesitation!

smug and productive sums today up - much better than yesterday

happy happy happy :)

Todays food diary

Poached egg on toast (HEb) and baked beans 3 syns
prawns with spaghetti etc - 0 syns
Pack of tesco Pruscuitto cold meat - I think 0 syns but not sure until i get to class
Beef Canelloni from slimming world magazine - 2 syns (think this may be for the parmesan in which case poss heA - not sure)
Cuppa with a splash of milk - 1 syn

Total syns - 6ish - give or take a few for ham and less for cheese maybe?

Also at the risk of sounding obsessed just taken measurements:

Biggest part of bust - 38.5
Smallest part of waist - 33
Biggest part of tummy 38.5 (yup depressing my tummy and boobs are the same size)
Hip Bones - 39
Bum - 42
Thigh - 22
Arm - 12.5

Also just taken some closer magazine style bikini before shots - safe to say i wont inflict those on anyone and glad i dont have to wear one any time soon - this weekends been a real wake up call - feeling super positive that i've made a start - hoping to see a real difference by the end of the month and be nearly there by two months - just have to keep the motivation up and not get disheartened two weeks into the diet like normal!

Dxx

Not done my shred yet - so much for doing it in the morning before work - my muscles ache!

Today's diary

2x wheatabix with milk and 1 sugar (heB & heB) - 1 syn
Pruscuitto (spelling) ham - 2 syns (finally found out)
Beef canelloni from magazine - 2 syns (wasn't very nice second day not filled with hope for the frozen stuff!)

Last edited:
Hi DM0191,

Well done for getting back on the wagon. I started slimming world in October and did well until end of Jan - when i decided to have a couple of weeks 'off' coz i was fed up - needless to say i'm still having major trouble starting and staying on plan :( !!

I'm starting again tomorrow :rolleyes: and i have ordered the 30ds too!!!! Arrrghhh !!!
Got my fingers crossed for you hun :D

Hi Shaz,

Thanks!! I'm totally deterimined this time - dreading tomorrow night already cos thats when I find out what I really have to do - just now i'm still in the stage of kidding myself on that I only have a stone or so to lose but I think I'll discover it's nearer two tomorrow!

It's so hard to get on track though after a wee break but you'll feel better when you do - good luck to you! And i'll be interested to hear how you find the 30ds - while you're waiting on it arriving if you're keen you can get the complete 1st level on you tube - thats what i'm using until mine comes!

Fingers crossed for you too - and thanks for dropping by - nice to know someone reads this :)

Dxx

Hey lovely!

Look at you shredding!!

I tried it but gave up on level 2 day 5.
So hard but it was good.
Only thing was, I was losing inches and got smaller but sts or gained with weight as was gaining muscle so don't be downhearted if the same happens to you.

Your doing so much better than me at the minute.
Think I gave you all my will power and motivation.
Buns in the office and lunch with hubby today.
Lost track... think its because Im on hols after this week and cant seem to keep it up for the last few days before weigh in! Eeek.

Hey Love,

I heard that you could sts or gain with the dvd thats why I done the pictures and took measurements - hoping that if I can see a difference it wont matter to me that I don't lose great amounts -after all it's how I look thats important to me right now - how vain does that sound!! Not confident that I'll go up the levels but to be honest even if I do level 1 for a month I think it'll make a difference

but to more important things ......oh no!!!! you've been my wee inspiration the last few days - I don't want to steal your motivation - have some back - i'll have a choccy biscuit if it helps! To be honest i've only been this good cause it's the weekend and I can focus on it - work is my danger zone ... that being said you are approaching holidays, maybe just give yourself a fortnight off (you're holidays a week right?) so that you can get right back on track when you come home and don't feel like you've been hard done by with only a week off?

you'll be back - i've got faith - you cant lose as much as you have without the commitment so you've clearly got it - and if you dont come back i'll send you your email right back that will remind you :)

enjoy your lunch today - jealous you can even do that to be honest

Dxx

ps curly is egging me on to stick to the diet by giving up smoking he's gonna stick to that as long as i stick to the diet

Hey hun,

Oooohhh - may check youtube out .... was planning on putting it off as long as i cud tho :p

We need to get rid of this cold weather too, just makes me wanna eat and eat and eat and eat......... I've had enuf !

Good luck with the rest of the day and i'll pop in on you tomorrow x

well just done day 3 - endurance definitely getting better - absolutely hate the first circuit! why does she have to start with press ups! I have a big ball forming in my left calf that feels like it might want to cramp but suspect im not stretching properly - def feel like i could do more tonight though, gotta be a good sign!

I know what you mean about putting it off - i used youtube to watch it first to see if I thought I could manage - took away a lot of the fear as I knew it really wasnt going to be long til it was over as I had an awareness of what was next kind of! now i've practically got the script memorised!

Feeling all good though - share your pain with the weather - theres something wrong with eating salad when its cold outside - just made a bit pot of soup to combat that though - so soup for dinner and then pasta with basque chicken stew

i swear i eat like a queen on this diet when i plan properly! haha

Todays diary: extra easy

2x wheatabix with milk and 1 sugar (heB & heB) - 1 syn
Pruscuitto (spelling) ham - 2 syns (finally found out)
Beef canelloni from magazine - 2 syns (wasn't very nice second day not filled with hope for the frozen stuff!)
rocket leaves, cucumber and cherry tomatoes - free (mid afternoon snack)
vegetable soup made with chicken stock - free (and super yummy)
basque chicken stew (Without olives) and pasta - free (and stuffed)

Total syns for today 5

what a productive day - feel totally great about my efforts - must remember this feeling!! (sorry addi - think i have stolen all your will power, dont worry never lasts more than a week)

I think it's amazing that Curlys gonna give up smoking with you!!!!
Such an amazing push for you to keep going.
Really good incentive.

Honey you can have all my motivation etc at the minute as i wanna see you succeed so much!!

I'm gonna be back on track and ready to kick some butt in about 3 weeks.

Been waiting for our "honeymoon" for 3 years and were gonna bloody enjoy it!! Haha xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

First weigh in tonight then!!!

Eeeeek.

You'll be grand. I bet you haven't put on much at all and it'll be falling off you once the shred has had its way with you!! :)

Let us know how the class was!

Hope your consultant is lovely!

Are you staying for class?

Yup first weigh in tonight, I've been before and the consultant has changed to a lady that I used to help mentor through class when she first joined back the very first time I done slimming world so will be a bit weird now the tables have turned but I'm sure she'll be a good instructor!

Plan is to go home from work and do the shred, followed by a bowl of the yummy soup i made last night, then class then come home and have a baked potato and steak if it's not too late - just dont want the steak to go off and if I dont eat it tonight it probably will!

I'll definitely stay for class tonight and depending on if i think it's valuable or not we'll see - the last consultant spent all her time talking about her dating life that made it pointless staying. I usually have a rule that if I lose I can go home, if I gain or sts I have to stay - gives me more of an incentive :)

If I'm anything less thatn 11.10 tonight I'll be happy

How's your day going?

I'm worried about myself - I actually can't wait to get home and do this shred DVD! Sure that's one of the first signs of insanity!

Hey D! Glad to have you back!!
I too have taken those before pics heat mag styleeee!! :) I did 12 days of the shred then seemed to give up :-/ first I cut back,...then it stopped and I hadn't realised.

What date r u BM? I'm 4th aug and goin for a dress fitting soon! Think I've lost about 10lbs since we ordered them in dec so hoping the seamstress makes a comment about taking it in! But I doubt it TBH.

Hope the WI has gone well tonight xx

Hey Cai!

Well done you for sticking in all this time - I'm very impressed! I'm sure people will notice at the dress fitting even if they dont say anything and you'll notice which will be the main thing!

Ive only got til the 12th of May - hence the hardcore approach all of a sudden. Had a dress fitting about a month ago and it fit me, which was my cue to eat everything in site, even though it was way too tight on the the hips! But I think you could shave a few inches off the bones of my hips and it would still be too tight it's just the cut of the dress I think. Fine when i'm standing up but have to lift the tight bit up so that it fits my hips when I sit down and i dont rip the bum - could you imagine the embarrassment!

I can see that happening with the shred to be honest - I dont know what happened tonight - i spent all day looking forward to getting home and doing it but then when I got home couldn't be bothered! made my myself do it, but didnt enjoy it and can easily see myself starting to cut back and then suddenly just not be doing it anymore but trying to keep the motivation up!

just about to leave for class - eeeekkkkk im nervous!! helps that my mum and sister go though so at least there will be friendly faces!!

xxx

ps thanks for stopping by again :)

Back