Throwing myself into SW - food diary

Day 85 (Friday)

Another bad day. It was a former colleague's retirement lunch where I used to work so I was invited along to that. There was a beautiful spread of Indian food laid on so I filled my boots and even took some leftovers home.

How did I feel at the end of the day? Bloated, acid reflux, looked 7 months pregnant, felt sluggish with no energy, hated myself for caving in.

Day 86 (Saturday)

However today is another day and I can have a clear 7 full 100% days before my weekend in London. Got on the scales, and prior to the week from hell I had weighed in the 14st 7's. Today I was 14st 11 on the nose. So looks like have put 3.5lbs to 4lbs on. Would love to say that it is all water but given what I have troffed this week it could quite easily be lard.

Breakfast: Mugshot pasta, banana

Lunch: Pasta and bacon with laughing cow light cheese spread stirred in with sweetcorn and mushrooms.

OMG. I THINK THIS IS NOW MY FAVOURITE SW RECIPE!!!

Dinner; Pork joint, herby potatoes, veg, yorkshire pudding (2 syns), gravy (2 syns)

Snacks & Syns: 5 Laughing cow lights & 2 Alpen lights, 1 finger of twix (5.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 87

Breakfast: 2 x slices of wholemeal bread (HE B), 1 laughing cow light triangle (1.5 syns), wafer thin ham, and a banana

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: Chicken Curry (1 syn) with boil in the bag rice. (super free was onion, red pepper, mushrooms)

Snacks: packet of Golden Wonder onion rings (3.5 syns), twix (5.5), strawberries with a muller poured over

Also feeling really miffed as despite a 100% day yesterday I was 0.2lbs heavier than yesterday at 14st 11.2lbs. I need to be weighing in at 14st 8lbs on Thursday to even have stayed the same! Doesn't look like that will happen.

Last edited:
Day 88 (Monday)

Food prepared in advance as I am on ANOTHER training course. Hopefully it should be more interesting than the last two as it is with people from my office and is more relevant to my day-to-day job.

Morning break: Ham sandwich as per yesterday, but the laughing cow is counted in my healthy extras today and a banana

Lunch: Pasta made up with 4 x laughing cow light triangles, smoked salmon, cucumber and mushroom. Alpen light (2.5 syns), muller

Afternoon break: Freddo (5 syns) and a packet of Ringos (3.5 syns)

Dinner: Leftover pasta as per lunch

Snacks: Tropical fruit salad (300g punnet)

Last edited:
Day 89 (Tuesday, food prepared in advance again).

Nope, training course is NOT more interesting than the last one. I am planning on a red day tomorrow so I can have 2 x healthy extras.

weight this morning was 14st 9.8lbs and this afternoon when I got in from work I was 14st 13lbs on the nose as the portion of pasta I had for lunch was so massive.

Before start: Banana

Morning break: Ham sandwich

Lunch: Ham sandwich and crudites (cucumber and carrot) to dip into the remaining 4 laughing cow triangles, Muller, 2 x baby bel

Afternoon break: Freddo (5 syns), Ringos (3.5 syns), Alpen light (2.5 syns)

Dinner: 1 x gammon steak with 3 x scrambled eggs and brown sauce (1 syn)

Snacks: 4 x seafood sticks, tropical fresh fruit salad 300g punnet

Last edited:
Weight this morning was 14st 9lbs and I had put on 3.8lbs by the time I got home despite not eating anything particularly heavy. My body hates me!

Day 90 (woo, another milestone)

Pretty much the same as yesterday.

pre-training course: Banana

Morning break: ham sandwich

Lunch: Ham sandwich / carrot with 4 laughing cow light / ringo's crisps (3.5 syns)

Afternoon break: Freddo (5 syns), fruit hearts (3.5 syns)

Evening meal: 2 x gammon steaks, 3 x scrambled eggs, bit of milk and some brown sauce (2 syns)

Weight this morning was 14st 9lbs again, and 14st 11.8lbs when I got in from work.

Last edited:
Day 91

Pre-course: Banana

Morning break: Ham sandwich

Lunch: Ham sandwich, carrots, 4 laughing cow light triangles for dunking,

Dinner: 2 x gammon steaks with brown sauce ( 2 syns)

Snacks: 1 x alpen light (3 syns), Ringo's (3.5 syns), Freddo (5 syns), 190g of fresh fruit.

A bit of weigh in related gossip. The social club where my meeting is usually held has gone bankrupt. The club phoned my consultant at 11.45am and told her to go and pick up all her stuff that is kept there or else it'd get taken by the bailiffs. She had to hold a hasty weigh and pay at a local pub instead. I did go and the regulars in the pub looked very bemused by the constant queue of women traipsing in.

Anyway I was utterly delighted to stay the same this week, so I am still on 20lbs in 13 weeks. Need to try and get more poundage off to get to my stone-and-half award and then my 10%. I do hope consultant can find new premises quickly, she was genuinely gutted about losing that premises. She'd only just forked out for leaflets and was planning to go out at the weekend advertising.

STS this week
20lbs in 13 weeks

Last edited:
Day 92

Back to proper work today.

Breakfast: 180g fruit salad

Lunch: Shepherds Pie

Dinner: Shepherds Pie with brown sauce (1 syn)

Snacks: 1 x Peanut hi-fi, 1 x Rocky Road Light (3 syns), Ringos (3.5 syns), Freddo (5 syns)

Day 93 and 94

Off plan today because we went to London for the weekend. I didn't go mad but was just off plan so was disappointed to come home 1.5lbs heavier than I was when I went on Friday. I know it's only water though but I had got down to my lowest morning weight on Friday as I'd had such a good week the previous few days.

Anyway losing weight isn't the be all and end all so I'll just carry on being on plan when I don't have any social events.

Day 95

Both DH and I took today off work and spending any time without the kids is a rarity so we decided to go out for lunch.

Therefore today is also another write off (oops).

Day 96

ARRGGH 14st 10+lbs this morning, then 14st 11.4 when I got home from work. Need to lose a pound before Thursday for weigh-in.

Breakfast: Banana, Mugshot pasta

Lunch: Salad, Kraft (1 syn), Morrisons BBQ chicken slices, 30g cheddar

Snacks: Ringos (3.5 syns), Hi-Fi Light (3 syns), lemon muller (0.5 syns)

Dinner: Pork, herby potatoes, veg, Yorkshire Puds x 2 (4 syns), Gravy (2 syns)

Last edited:
Day 97

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Salad, cous-cous, BBQ chicken slices

Dinner: Shepherds Pie (1 syn for gravy)

Snacks: Hi-Fi, Hi-Fi Light (3 syns), Ringos (3.5 syns), Muller (0.5 syns), Mint Club (5.5 syns), Berry Medley

Weight this morning 14st 9.2lbs, weight tonight 14st 11.4lbs (big sigh). Feel like not going to weigh-in tomorrow. Bloody social occasions!

Day 98

Breakfast: Banana, mugshot noodles

Lunch: Shepherds Pie (1 for the gravy)

Dinner: Shepherds Pie (1 for the gravy)

Snacks: Ringo (3.5), Hi-Fi light (3), hi-fi.

Stayed the same again which I am 50% disappointed with as we always want to lose weight but 50% happy with as I have had quite a lot of days off plan over the last 2 weeks so at least I haven't gained. Still at 20lbs. I'd like to get that 1.5 stone award next week and it should be achievable as I have no plans for anything until 23rd April.

STS
20LBS IN 14 WEEKS

Last edited:
Day 99

Breakfast: Mugshot pasta, banana

Lunch: Chilli and a packet of Mexican Rice (3 syns)

Dinner; Chicken breast, bacon, cheese (HE), SW chips, 2 x onion rings (5 syns)

Snacks: Hi-fi, hi-fi light (3 syns), Ringos (3.5 syns), fruit medley

Day 100 (woo)

Breakfast: 2 x slices of peanut butter (wholemeal toast) 4.5 syns

Lunch: Chinese 5 spice potato slices

Dinner: Beef & gammon, herby potatoes, carrots, cabbage, gravy (2 syns), Yorkshire (2 syns)

Snacks: freddo (5 syns)

Wore a dress to go to the pub last night (only had diet cokes) that I had bought three weeks ago. It has a zip up the side and when I bought it, I had to wear the zip all the way down (with a cardi over the top) however the zip zips up much farther now (not all the way though) even though I am still the same weight now as I was when I bought it!

Last edited:
Day 101

I'm feeling really fed up today. I've been doing the math and am in my 14th week, and have lost 20lbs which sounds okay but it's hit me that as I have lost 13lbs in my first four weeks that means I have only lost 7lbs in 10 weeks which is pretty crap. In those 10 weeks I had 2 gains, and 3 sts's so that's 7lbs in 5 weeks which is crap when I'm still quite heavy. I'm remembering the two weeks when I had completely undeserved gains, I've started having to walk more which doesn't seem to have helped at all, I'm remembering that there is only 3 weeks when I have had a decent loss (which I call 2lbs or more). I'm remembering the week I threw myself into it and only lost a pound. I feel like jacking it in. I'm feeling really sorry for myself if you can't tell.

Breakfast: 10.15am exotic fruit tub and strawberries

Lunch (12.30pm): Peanut butter on toast (4.5 syns)

2.15pm - mango, pineapple, melon

4.00pm - sweet n sour mugshot

4.35pm - a bit of leftover beef from last night

Dinner: Chicken, chick-pea & vegetable curry with rice (1 syn) - superfree: red onion, onion, cauliflower, 2 x tin of chopped tomatoes.

snacks: 30g cheddar, blue WKD (11 syns)

Last edited:
Day 102

FINALLY, FINALLY SOME SHIFT!! 14st 6's this morning and 14st 9lbs when I got home. So I am feeling a lot better today.

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: leftover curry and rice from last night (1 syns)

Dinner: Probably more leftover curry (minus the rice) 2 syns - was a big portion

Snacks: hi-fi / hi-fi light 3 syns / packet of crisps 4.5 syns, raspberries and a muller, some grapes, a Freddo (5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 103

Still in the 14st 6's this morning with 2 days to weigh-in

Breakfast: Mugshot pasta, Banana

Lunch: More leftover curry and rice (all gone now) - 1 syn

Dinner: cous-cous (0.5 syns), tandoori chicken (1 syn), SW chips and salad

Snacks: Ringos (3.5 syns), walkers pops (4 syns), 2 alpen lights, coconut muller, slice of garlic pizza (5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 104

Breakfast: Mugshot Pasta, banana

Lunch: Cous Cous (0.5 syns), salad, kraft (1 syn), tandoori chicken (1 syn)

Dinner: chicken breast, salad, SW chips

Snacks: Walkers Pops (4 syns), 2 x hi-fi bars, few strawberries/ grapes, coconut muller, Freddo (5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 105

Off work today on annual leave so not as organised.. weigh in tonight, hope I have lost a good amount

10.40am: Strawberries and a muller.

1.50pm: Mugshot

5.30pm - ham & mushroom omelette with 30g cheddar and salad (this is probably my dinner) and a dash of worcester sauce

9.10pm: bacon butty (2 slices wholemeal bread, slither of marge and a smidgeon of mayo) 10 syns

Snacks & healthy extras: 2 x hi-fi lights, grapes, toffee penguin (5.5 syns)

I went to the early class weigh in as I am off work this week and was delighted with a good loss. I got my 1.5 stone award and also my 10% award. At the beginning of January when she told me what my 10% target was, I thought "never, not in a million years will I stick to this diet for that long to lose that amount" so now it's happened, I feel like I have really achieved something even if it has taken me 3.5 months to get it.

3.5lbs off.
23.5lbs in 15 weeks

I read on the SW Website that my beloved Alpen Lights are no longer going to be a B choice as the recipe has changed. Those of you who are reading my diary will know that this will displease me immensley.

Last edited:
Day 106

Happy Bank Holiday y'all

Back into my size 16 Tesco skinny jeans today which I haven't been able to wear without a very long top for ages. DH and I are going to go for a nice long walk along the canal later on this afternoon as it is a lovely day. I'm buzzing right now due to last night's great weight loss and awards, but also because this morning's daily weigh has me at the lowest in such a long time in the 14st 5's! Hopefully another month and I'll be in the 13's. My next personal achievement target is to get down to 13st 10lbs which is the weight I was when I left the hospital and started at the GP's in November 2012. All I am doing at the moment is losing the weight I gained in just over 12 months

I'm going to try a fish week to see if I can get another good loss next week. It's no great effort for me because I love fish and bought loads of frozen fish yesterday when I went to Farmfoods so the biggest effort is meal-planning it, however, I do have a little bit of shopping to do today to be able to do it.

Breakfast: hot smoked mackerel flakes

Lunch: mackerel in tomato sauce on toast

Dinner: Neighbour has scuppered plans for fish day by having a BBQ and inviting us. I did try to swerve it citing my diet but after grilling (no pun intended) me she has said she will buy me some salad and chicken drumsticks in, bless her..
DINNER UPDATE: She made me some chicken kebabs with red onion and peppers, which I had with some more salad.

Snacks: None today!

Last edited:
Back