Throwing myself into SW - food diary

Day 121.

Into the 14st 0's this morning - the next stone down bracket is in sight!

Another off plan day today as we had a football away day with it being the last day of the season. We were meeting in a cafe and I didn't want to risk a full English (of allowed stuff) in case my stomach played up (it's gone the other way completely now and from having the runs, I now haven't had a number 2 in two days).

Breakfast: 2 x slices of white toast (10 syns), scrambled egg (say 1 syn for milk) and mushrooms.

Snacks: Probiotic yoghurt (4 syns), 2 x alpen light, banana, full fat coke 250ml serving - 4 syns

Dinner: Prawn omelette (10 syns) and chips (13 syns) from Chinese takeaway.* guesstimated

42 syns for day (had 'budgeted' 50 flexi-syns)

Also didn't eat the whole portion of chips, only half of them.

Last edited:
Day 122

This is a milestone as it's a third of the way through the year and I am more than a third of the way to target!

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Tin of mixed beans in tomato sauce, hi-fi light

Dinner: Fish in parsley sauce (4.5 syns), herby potatoes, carrots, cabbage, 2 Yorkshire Pud (4 syns)

Snacks: Banana, hi-fi bar, probiotic yog (4 syns), Pom Bears (4 syns)

Weight this morning was 14st 1's disappointingly but I guess I am a bit constipated. Did some body magic today in the form of helping my consultant do some leafletting

Last edited:
Day 123

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Shepherds Pie (extra lean mince, onions, mushrooms), smash, gravy (1.5 syns), brown sauce (1 syn)

Dinner: Shepherds Pie as above (it needs eating up) minus the brown sauce

Snacks & Healthy Extras; 30g weetabix minis / milk - snacked on some ham this morning too instead of having a breakfast, Hi-Fi Light (3 syns), mugshot, banana, stole some gammon from the joint I'm cooking, Pom bears (4 syns)

I love days when I'm not at work, for some reason I seem to eat less. Probably because I'm a boredom eater and at work, sat in the same place for 9 hours a day does get boring. Another four weeks to work until I get another week off though.

I made my first recipe from the "Little Book of Lunches" today which is the ceasar salad and plan on taking it to work for lunch for Tuesday and Wednesday. I was a bit suspicious of the ingredients for the sauce but it's really tasty. I did only have to use half of what I made though, so next time I won't make so much.

Back down in the 14st 0's today (and the lower end too). Hopefully with four full days to eat my way through I'll achieve my aim of losing 1.5lbs to get my two stone award on Thursday evening (when I start as a member of the social team and we also move to our new venue)

Last edited:
Day 123 (Tuesday, but sorted now)

Breakfast: Banana, Mugshot

Mid-Morning boredom snacks: 2 x alpen lights, grapes, 10 packets of fizzy sweets (15 syns)

Lunch: Chicken Cesar Salad with 40g low fat cheese (0.5 syns - for the mustard)

Dinner: Gammon, boiled potatoes, cabbage, carrots, gravy (1 syn),

Evening Snacks: cappucino muller and strawberries, mint club (5.5 syns)

OOPS, ate the entire remains of my pound shop fizzy sweets pack at work today. I have no idea why I did it but one just led to another. Been off the richter scale for syns lately

EDIT: threw my Yorkshires in the bin to save 4 syns. Hope I can save myself from eating crap tonight as 7 syns over for the day isn't too bad.

Last edited:
Day 124

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Chicken cesar salad (0.5 syns)

Afternoon snacks: Banana, 2 x hi-fi Light bars

Mid Afternoon: Mugshot

Dinner: Chicken drumsticks with chinese 5 spice, salad, boiled eggs, beetroot and pickled onion.

Evening snacks & syns - seafood sticks, mint penguin (5.5 syns), excitedly realised I could turn today into a red day, so I'm going to have 30g weetabix minis with whole milk.

Last edited:
Day 125

Typical, all week my unofficial morning weigh ins have been in the 14st 0's, or no more than 14st 1.2lbs. Inexplicably this morning I weighed in at 14st 1.8lbs! Looking like tonight's official weigh in might be another STS

Breakfast: Chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes

Lunch: Chicken drumsticks, salad, Kraft dressing (2 syns)

Dinner: Fish (0.5 syn), Salad, 50g Rustic oven chips, skin on (1 syn)

Snacks: 2 x Hi-Fi Lights, mugshot, muller, jaffa cake (2.5 syns), mint club (5.5 syns), choc digestive biscuit (4 syns)

If I don't lose anything tonight I will have a fish week next week again to try and shift some

2lbs off
28.5lbs in 18 weeks

Last edited:
Day 126

Finally did it, a day later than I had hoped, but finally at unofficial morning weigh in, the scales have FINALLY dropped below 14st. Only a shade mind, but it's still into the 13st's now at 13st 13.8lbs (woooh).

Breakfast: banana

Lunch: Fish (0.5 syns), salad including boiled egg, 2 tbsp coleslaw (say, 4 syns)

Snacks: 1 x hi-fi, 1 x hi-fi light (3 syns), grapes, piece of home made chocolate flapjack (say 13 syns), jaffa cake (2.5 syns)

Dinner: Went to a footy presentation and didn't get in until 10pm so just had a mugshot

Last edited:
Day 127

Breakfast: 2 x boiled eggs, a couple of pickled onions

Lunch: Ham, 2 x boiled eggs, salad, Kraft (1 syn), sweet potato, bit o' Philadelphia (2 syns), 2 x babybel (H/E)

Dinner:chicken curry (chicken, red onion, mushroom, mayflower curry sauce) 3.5 syns

Snacks & Healthy Extras: 2 x hi-fi lights, choc bar (5 syns), pom bears (4 syns)

Happy days, 2nd day in a row in the 13st's.

EDIT: whoops had a box of chocolates whilst I was watching Eurovision.....

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm new to the site! I've been reading through the food diaries for some inspiration and love yours! I see you,ve mentioned shepherds pie a few times,could you share the recipe, I've had a craving for some :)

well done on you weight loss btw x

Hi, well done with your journey so far, you've done really well. I also weigh every day an it amazes me how it can change every day ( up one day down the next an up again)!! Keep up the good work, subscribing for inspiration! Xx

Hi there, I'm new to the site! I've been reading through the food diaries for some inspiration and love yours! I see you,ve mentioned shepherds pie a few times,could you share the recipe, I've had a craving for some :)

well done on you weight loss btw x

I'm not much of a cook so it's not particularly exciting
Extra lean mince
Tin of green lentils in water
onion
mushrooms
Mixed herbs & salt / pepper to taste (cos extra Lean mince is a bit tasteless as there's not much fat in it)

Cooked and then all mixed together.

Topped with Smash (or you could have ordinary mash if you prefer)

Then just gravy (which is synned) but for some reason I also like brown sauce with it too....

Makes loads and lasts me for about 3-4 meals.

EDIT - I suppose it's cottage pie, not shepherds pie as it's not lamb....

Hi, well done with your journey so far, you've done really well. I also weigh every day an it amazes me how it can change every day ( up one day down the next an up again)!! Keep up the good work, subscribing for inspiration! Xx

I've always been a daily weigher, I'm a glutton for punishment.

People say you shouldn't do it, but if I go to class and know I have been losing, only to get to class and find I have gained. At least I can be 'confident' that is it water weight and not fat because I know I have been losing through the week. It doesn't stop me sulking about it though as thursday is my official weigh in.

Day 128

Breakfast: Bacon, beans, scrambled egg (0.5 syns for a splash of milk), mushrooms, sausage (5 syns), slice of toast (5 syns)

Lunch: Nothing - didnt need any!

Dinner: Gammon, salad, Kraft (1 syn)

Snacks; 2 x alpen light bars

will have to try hard not to have any naughty food tonight due to spending it all on breakfast. I just couldn't resist the proper sausage and toast.

13st 13.6 today so heavier than Saturday but lighter than Friday.

Last edited:
Day 129

Breakfast: 2 x banana, mugshot

Lunch: Gammon, new potatoes, veg, Yorkshire (2 syns), Gravy (1 syns)

Dinner: Chinese style Curry (3 syns)

Snacks: Pom bear (3.5 syns), 2 x Hi-Fi bar, 2 x Dairy Milk chocolates (7 syns)

Oh dear. Make that 7 syns for 2 chocolates, into 70 syns for about 20. I fell off the wagon because I was depressed as the car repairs we thought would cost £500, as if that wasn't already bad enough, ended up costing £700, hence me eating my way through the top layer of a box of dairy milk. Luckily I saw sense before I started on the bottom layer and gave them to my son's and told them if they couldn't eat them all, to hide them from me. The chocolate didn't even make me feel better, it just gave me bad wind.

Then I had another packet of Pom Bear to add to the damage (3.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 130

Snacks up to lunchtime: 2 x alpen lights, 2 x babybel's, 1 x banana, 1 x walkers pops (4 syns), satsuma, Slice of Cake*, Home Made choc-chip cookie**

Lunch; Beef stir-fry***, packet of skinny popcorn (4 syns)

Dinner; Salmon salad, Kraft (1 syn)

Still depressed about the cost of the car. Got on the scales this morning (I know, I know) and was back up to 14st 0's which has depressed me even more. * and ** a girl at work did some baking for her birthday so I had the cookie and the piece of cake (say 20 syns), so am on 29 for the day. Well done yo-yo-dieter!

My sister in law made a trip over last night with some leftover stir fry for me which was delicious and I had it for lunch today. I like stir-fry but the menfolk of the house aren't very keen on it (too much veg) therefore we never have it. I told her this when she and my brother came over on Sunday and voila who turns up Monday night with a stir fry but my SIL.

So, why am I giving into temptation so much recently? I'm doing well with the meals side of things, all of my meals are SW friendly with few syns in them but I'm caving into the lure of the nice stuff again. I think it's because I'm not feeling disgustingly massive any more and my clothes are feeling better that the desperation to lose weight has gone, but on the other hand I'll be devastated if I've put weight on at Thursday's weigh-in.

Hi

Your diary is so good. Have picked up lots of tips! Than k you xx

Awh thanks for the replies and supportive words guys.

Day 131

Food before lunch; 2 x babybel, 1 x banana, 2 x packets of skinny popcorn (8 syns), 2 x hi-fi lights

Lunch; Leftover chicken curry (3 syns)

After lunch: All went tits up again. Bought a multi-pack of fun-sized love heart sweets from the pound shop but I ended up scoffing about 10 of them, so 15 syns. 26 for the day.

Tea; Nothing - took DS to an athletics meet and just got back now. Wolfed down a few slices of (free) ham whilst I was making his packed lunch for tomorrow and I'm off to bed in half an hour so didn't see point in making owt to eat.

On a positive note I was back into the 13st 13's this morning.

On an even more positive note, training session 10-12 tomorrow and then a meeting 2-4 which limits my time for eating before weigh-in

Day 132

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Ham salad (coleslaw - 3 syns, salad cream 2 syns)

Dinner: Mayflower Curry (3 syns)

Snacks: 2 x mini doughnut rings (6 syns), piece of carrot cake (10 syns), 2 x raspberry & white chocolate chips cookies (10 syns)

Another bad day on the snacking front as there was yet another birthday and I was in an "oh well I've blown it might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb" mood. Luckily I haven't done too much damage despite being well over syns this week as I have stayed the same at 14st 2lbs.

I'm going to throw myself into it again next week as I really want to lose 2.5lbs to get into the next stone down bracket.

stayed the same
28.5lbs in 19 weeks

Back