Throwing myself into SW - food diary

Day 107

Happy Saturday. Where has the weather gone??? Was lovely yesterday and now it's back to being a grey day. I didn't have any syns yesterday as we went to an evening football match and when we got home I went straight to bed.

WOOHOO I'm having to send a size 16 top back to ASOS because it's too big!!!

And morning weigh-ins have put me at my lowest yet, 14st 4's!!!

Breakfast: Tinned mackerel in tomato sauce with 2 slices of wholemeal bread.

Lunch: Tinned salmon over a jacket sweet potato filled with Philli Light (2 syns) with salad

Dinner: Fish pie (prawns, mussells, squid) topped with smash in Bisto parsley sauce made up with semi-skimmed milk (it's 4.5 syns for 100mls of fluid, so I don't know how much I will be using yet. Plus the dish will last me for 2 days) and brocolli on the side
EDIT: Used 250mls of milk but only 25g of granules and I think it'll last for three portions, so say 2.5 per portion?

Snacks: grapes, seafood sticks, pineapple, melon, mango, mint club (5.5 syns) and a packet of velvet crunch (4 syns)

Last edited:
Day 108

Yesterday's entry into the 14st 4's wasn't a fluke and I am delighted to be in them again this morning.

Breakfast: 30g (i.e. not very many) Weetabix Minis (choc chip one) with 250ml semi-skimmed milk

Lunch: Sardines with salad

Dinner: Gammon, herby potatoes, brocolli, carrots, cabbage, yorkshire (2 syns), gravy (1 syn) * not fish, but I can't bear to give up my beloved Sunday roast*

Syns: 4 x Thorntons Chocolates (12 syns) - well, it is Easter Sunday

Snacks, banana

OOPS - 2 extra Thorntons chocolates (6 syns)

Last edited:
Day 109

Breakfast: Banana, grapes

Lunch: Fish Pie (3 syns)

Dinner: Salmon, SW chips, corn cob, Salad

Snacks: 4 x Thornton's chocolates (12 syns)

Last edited:
Day 110

Breakfast: Banana, grapes

Lunch: Fish Pie (2 syns)

Dinner: Cod, SW chips, salad - kraft (1 syn)

Snacks: 30g weetabix minis with 175mls whole mik, 4 x thorntons chocolates (12 syns).

WOOHOO down into the 14st 3's this morning - three full days to get through until weigh-in.

OOPS - 2 extra thorntons chocolates (6 syns)

Last edited:
Day 111
In the 14st 3's this morning again :)

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Shrimply delicious pizza (23.5 syns), 2 bowls of salad of which I estimate 10 was naughties.

Dinner; Chicken breast wrapped in 4 rashers of bacon with 2 babybel's sliced on the top..

Snacks & healthy extras: 2 x hifi lights, 3 Thorntons chocolates (9 syns)

Am being really good tonight as I bought a fried chicken bucket for le family and I'm not having a single piece.

Last edited:
Day 112.

Weigh-in in less than four hours. I feel a bit poorly today though and I was up all night with stomach pains and then the runs. I don't think it's the same as what I had in March when the doctor thought it might have been my gallbladder as I didn't have the trots last time so hopefully it's just a simple upset tummy I have taken some buscopan immodium and co-codamol and it's stopped the runs and the tummy pain but I feel too warm, a bit sick, and wiped out now. I might just weigh and pay tonight and not stay to class.

So, I haven't felt up to anything to eat today. If I do feel up to having something to eat it will be whatever I feel like and not necessarily anything SW friendly. :-(

Today's food:
Freddo (5 syns)
SW chocolate brownie (0.5 syns)

I had planned the following for tea....
Steak
Lemon & Coriander cous-cous (1 syn)
Salad
Kraft Dressing (1 syn)

But when it came to it, I could only manage the salad and a mouthful or two of the cous-cous. So I have made it into a green day and had 2 x healthy extras instead.

60g weetabix minis & 175ml whole milk

So, official weigh-in, thanks to fish week, was an amazing 3lbs off :)

3lbs off in 16 weeks
26.5lbs off in total
SLIMMER OF THE WEEK

Last edited:
Day 113

Today will be another off plan today, I think. Despite immodium yesterday I was up and down to the loo with the runs every couple of hours through the night so food is the least of my worries.

EDIT

I did get better as the day went on, and it was my consultant's 30th birthday party last night so I went up. I didn't want to risk being up with the runs all night so I just stuck to diet coke, and although I did have a plate of food, I left some of it, and what I had was quite bland.
- savoury rice
- pasta in a tomato sauce
- pasta, tuna & cucumber
- 1 x chicken drumstick
- Salad

And I also had a Rocky Road hi-fi light.

So, looking at what I ate, I did actually stick to the plan bar a HE A.

Also, best of all - I managed to fit into a tunic/dress which I had ordered last August after I saw it in the Very sale with the idea I would wear it at Christmas. It's black and 100% sequinned back and front with a zip-up the front thigh length so I would wear with leggings. Anyway when it came in August I couldn't even zip it half way up and it was tight on me. By Xmas I weighed a good 1.5 stone more anyway. But I tried it on last night and it was a perfect fit. I felt amazing in it and got loads of compliments.

The buzz I get from fitting back into old clothes I had grown out of, is much better than the buzz from buying anything new in a bigger size.

Last edited:
Day 114

Had a better night's sleep last night, no immodium needed and no runs. My stomach still feels a little tender though.

Breakfast: mugshot pasta, banana

Lunch: apple, pear, orange

Dinner: Chicken breast with peppers, onion and sweetcorn in a passata/chopped tomato sauce. Lots of superfree.

Snacks / Healthy extras: 2 x alpen lights, Freddo ( 5 syns), velvet crunch (4 syns), Thorntons choc (3 syns)

Last edited:
Excellent progress, thanks for sharing your diary, has given me some ideas... I keep having the same meals and it's getting boring.... Keep up the good work and good for you staying motivated.

Excellent progress, thanks for sharing your diary, has given me some ideas... I keep having the same meals and it's getting boring.... Keep up the good work and good for you staying motivated.

oh hello, thank you too. Replies have been like buses today, none for ages and then two within a few hours...lovely, thank you :)

I can't pretend it's been easy but I've promised to invest in myself for a year. I do tend to be guilty of eating the same stuff though a lot, mainly due to time constraints and that I'm not cooking SW for the whole family BUT I do enjoy what I am eating and that helps.

Day 115

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Mugshot, apple

4pm: 30g weetabix minis, 175ml whole milk

Dinner: Gammon, potatoes, veg, Yorkshire (1 syn), gravy (2 syns)

Syns: Walker's Pops (4.5 syns), Freddo (5 syns)

14st 1's again this morning - the next stone down bracket is within reach

Last edited:
Day 116

Breakfast: Mugshot, banana, plum

Lunch: Chicken breast leftover from Saturday (all free)

Dinner: Went out for a 3-course Thai meal. No idea how many syns I ate because it was a set menu and they just kept bringing it out. It was very nice and extremely filling however it gave me terrible wind and subsequently I ended up having the runs really badly when I got home (which could be a good thing as far as my diet is concerned).

Syns: Walker's pops (4 syns), Hi-Fi bar (as HE B x 1 for S), WW pink n white biscuit (2.5 syns), 1 x packet of small fizzy sweets (like parma violets, but the fizzy ones) 2 syns, Freddo (5 syns)

Weighed in this morning in the 14 2's, so up on yesterday but I did think that would happen.

Last edited:
Day 117

Horrified this morning to be back to 14st 4lbs. How can this beeeeeeeeeee?

Breakfast: 45g weetabix minis (1.5 HEB), 175ml whole milk

Lunch: Gammon salad with Kraft (1 syn)

Dinner: Not decided

Snacks: 1 Alpen light (0.5 HEB), 4 x fizzy sweets (6 syns), pom bears (3.5 syns), apple

Gosh are you weighing yourself everyday?

Day 118

Weight this morning is back in the 14st 1's.

Did okay this morning:

30g weetabix minis, 175ml semi-skimmed milk, banana, muller, 2 x fizzy sweet things (3 syns), 1 x wafer biscuit (2.5 syns)

However this afternoon was a retirement party that I was invited to. I did not want to risk assaulting my stomach so I didn't have a lot. I had 2 x sandwiches (cut into quarters), 2 tbsp veg curry, quite a big of pilau rice, a kebab and a plastic cup of full-fat coke. Believe me - this is nothing for me!

Then this evening I just cannot be arsed. I've had a pom bear (3.5 syns) and a Freddo (5 syns).

I'm fully expecting to gain weight tomorrow but I don't mind. The old me would have gone "sod it" and fallen off the wagon and been reversed over repeatedly but I'm just thinking "meh, get back onto it tomorrow". I'm defrosting a tub of speed soup ready for lunch tomorrow.

Day 119

Off plan again today (kind of, I think)

Breakfast: 30g weetabix minis, S/S milk

Snacks: Banana, 6 x packs of fizzy sweets (9 syns), pom bears (3.5 syns)

Lunch: Speed soup

Dinner: Nothing, not hungry which means I'll probably grab some toast or something later....

(although not too bad now I am looking at it)

Official weigh in today.

STAYED THE SAME
26.5LBS IN 17 WEEKS.

So, I'm hoping to shift the 1.5lbs to get my two stone award next week so I'm going to try and keep on track, stomach upset or no stomach upset

Day 120 (Friday)

Feeling motivated again.

Breakfast: Sardines

Mid-Morning snacks: Grapes, banana

Lunch: Salad, sweet potato, laughing cow light triangle (1.5 syns)

Dinner: Shepherds Pie with gravy & brown sauce (2 syns)

Snacks: 2 Alpen lights, one of them biotic drinking yoghurts (4 syns), Walkers Pops (4.5 syns), 3 x fizzy sweets (4.5 syns)

Only went over my syns because my stomach was bloated and windy, and someone on another forum suggested I try taking probiotic yoghurts.

Last edited:
Back