Throwing myself into SW - food diary

* waves at Cai* - thank you for dropping by. I was chuffed with SotW as I've never had it before (I mean all the other times I've done the diet, not this time round as I've only been going for three weeks)

Day 20

Breakfast: Mugshot pasta

Lunch: Jacket potato, half a tin of beans, 30g cheddar

Dinner: Chicken breast, 2 x Linda McCartney sausages, sugar-snap peas, carrot and swede mash (0.5 syns) with gravy (1 syn)

Snacks: 2 x pear, 1 x apple, 1 x satsuma, 1 x banana, 2 x alpen lights, skips (4.5 syns), wotsits (5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 21

Breakfast: Mugshot noodles

Lunch: Salad with seafood sticks, ham, 30g cheddar and a boiled egg with kraft dressing (2 syns)

Dinner: Smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, salad, kraft dressing (1 syn)

Snacks & Healthy extras: banana, 2 x pears, 1 x satsuma, 2 x alpen lights, wotsits (5 syns), mint hi-fi bar (6 syns)

I have a bit of a slump at work between 3pm and 3.30pm so I tend to stuff my face with my snacks around that time. My colleague is doing the 5:2 diet and she sighed wistfully yesterday and said "at least you can eat on your diet....". I think she must have been hungry on her fast day yesterday. I don't think she needs to lose weight now anyway, she's a size 10 and looking gorgeous.

Weigh in tonight, I will update this post later.

2lbs off. 9.5lbs in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Day 22

Breakfast: Mugshot noodles, banana

Lunch: Sweet potato with half a packet of savoury soya mince.

Dinner: Savoury soya mince, garden peas, carrot & swede mash (0.5 syns)

Snacks & Healthy Extras: 2 x baby bel, hifi bar, 3 x pears, 1 satsuma, muller, temptations bar (8 syns), skips (4.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 23

I'm very pleased with myself today as I went to buy some new work trousers from New Look and I easily fit into a size 16. I had decided if they were too tight I would not buy an 18 and just wait a couple of weeks.

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix, 175ml whole milk

Lunch; Nothing (was busy having a massive clearout of conservatory so just kept snacking on fruit)

Dinner: 3 x scrambled eggs (with 50mls whole milk 2 syns), smoked salmon

Syns: Ginger nut slice (6.5 syns), packet of skips (4.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 24

Well, looks like I will be doing an enforced body magic award from now on as my car spontaneously set on fire today! Luckily it was caught early so the only damage was to the car and not people or property but it's a write off, so I'm back to Shanks' pony and the bus from now on.

Breakfast: Nothing (too shocked to eat)

Lunch: Tuna pasta bolognese bake (made of pasta, tuna, Asda soya bolognese sachet and sweetcorn- made enough for 4 portions so DS2 had one of them, I had another and have 2 for packed lunches) and 16g of cheddar on top (4 syns).

Dinner: Chicken casserole with mash (2 syns for the sachet)

Supper: 2 x weetabix, 175ml whole milk

Healthy Extras & syns - grapes, McVities ginger bar (6.5 syns)

Last edited:
How does yr car just set in fire?! Glad u weren't in it!! X

Thanks Cai The fire service are baffled. They think that due to the rain (we had 24hrs non stop) that somehow my speaker has got damp and short circuited causing sparks and then a fire - but I am sure we have had similar periods of sustained rain so really can't fathom how it has happened now. I was extremely lucky that if it was going to happen that it happened when and where it did which was outside my house when there were people around to call 999. Half an hour later and I'd have been driving to football.

Day 25

Breakfast: Mugshot Macaroni (2 syns) - yuk, what a waste of sins, and a banana

Lunch: Tuna pasta bolognese with a fruit salad to follow (apple, pear, cherries, satsuma)

Dinner: Gammon, half tin of beans, 3 x scrambled eggs

Snacks & healthy extras: 2 x weetabix, 175ml whole milk, skips (4.5 syns), Ginger slice (6.5 syns)

Walked to work and back today which is a mile each way on the flat so I can't complain. I have to get used to it though, well, for another 4 weeks and then I start my new job where I will be bussing it. A positive I have noted - I was boiling hot this evening when I got in, normally I'm freezing cold

Last edited:
Day 26

Lunch: jacket potato, half tin of beans, 30g cheese

Dinner: Pasta bolognese (as per last 2 days)

Snacks & healthy extras: apple, pear, satsuma, cherries, 2 x alpen lights, fruit stars (3.5 syns), small bag of seabrooks crisps (5 syns), muller

I'm in on a late today so don't start until 1pm. I've walked DS2 down to school, onto the supermarket and then most of the way home (neighbour saw me looking like a drowned rat and gave me a lift home; so in total probably around 2 miles and then I'll do another two miles later on walking to work and back home. I hope this sudden influx of exercise doesn't cause my muscles to hold onto water and look like a gain, I'll be gutted if it does. I know it's better for my health in the long run though, that I am actually doing some exercise.

Last edited:
Day 27

Breakfast: Mugshot pasta, banana

Lunch: Tandoori chicken (from Asda Halal deli, so I have no idea how many syns)**, salad, kraft dressing (2 syns)

Dinner: 2 x pork loin steaks, mash (2.5 syns), veg, 100ml gravy (1.5 syns)

Snacks & Healthy extras: 2 x pears, satsuma, 2 x babybel, 2 x alpen light, fruit stars (3.5 syns)

I've been weighing myself daily since I started although my 'official' weigh in is whatever I am on a Thursday evening but I have noticed this week that I have only lost a pound on my own scales, which is good, it's still a loss, but looking back on this diary, I am not eating enough super free, so next week I am making a concerted effort to have super free with each meal. So I'm having a salad with lunch tonight and will definitely have some vegetables with whatever I eat tonight.

**had a look on SW syns online and there is an entry for Asda tandoori chicken chilled and it's free, so I will hope that whatever I have bought is the same as that one.

PS - and even if I have only lost a pound this week when I get weighed tomorrow (or even half a pound) - I have lost 2" off my waist.

Last edited:
Day 28

Yay, four weeks done and still really motivated

Lunch: (forgot to take my actual lunch, so just had it for tea, and lived off my snacks at work)

Dinner: 3 x Linda McCartney Sausages, veg, 100ml gravy (1.5 syns), carrot & swede mash (0.5 syns)

Snacks: 2 x baby bel, Hi-Fi bar, small pack of crisps (5 syns), muller

3.5lbs off. 13lbs in 4 weeks.
Slimmer of the week
Slimmer of the month for January

Last edited:
Day 29

Lunch: Batchelor's Pasta n Sauce (Cheese, Leek & Ham) 1 syn made up with 175ml whole milk and water with a tin of tuna

Dinner: Same as lunch

Snacks: Malteser hot chocolate drink (5 syns), hifi bar, 3 x pears, 1 satsuma, muller, pack of crisps (5 syns), fruit stars (3.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 30

Breakfast: Chopped up apple and pear in a bowl with a muller over the top

Lunch: SW bacon & onion quiche with 30g cheddar sprinkled on top and a banana to follow

Dinner: Aunt Bessie's oven chips only 8 small ones - say (2 syns), 2 onion rings (3 syns), steak, mushroom and pepper sauce (1.5 syns)

Snacks: Hi-Fi bar, small tub of pineapple, Rocky bar (5.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 31

Breakfast: SW bacon & onion quiche and half a tin of baked beans

Lunch: low fat supernoodles

Dinner: pork, mash (2.5 syns), cabbage, carrots, yorkshire pudding (2 syns) and gravy (1 syn)

Snacks & healthy extras: 2 x alpen light bars, Rocky bar (5 syns), fruit stars (3.5 syns), 175ml semi skimmed milk

Hey, I've just noticed in my stats over there <---- that I've gone down from having "4 stone something" to "3 stone something" to lose

Last edited:
Day 32

Lunch: Salmon, 3 x scrambled eggs, salad, kraft dressing (1 syn)

Dinner: Takeaway - 550g portion of special fried rice - 17 syns according to the SW syns online.

Snacks: 2 x babybel, 2 x alpen light, apple, orange;

DS2's birthday is tomorrow (but we're busy in the evening) so he asked if he could have a takeaway for tea hence the special fried rice. I can't believe it was only 17 syns

Day 33

Lunch: Sweet potato, half a tin of beans, 40g low fat cheese

Dinner: Salmon, 4 x scrambled eggs, salad, kraft dressing (2 syn)

Snacks: apple, pear, satsuma, 2 x alpen lights, breakaway (5.5 syns), Rocky (5.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 34

Lunch: Gammon, potato, carrots, cabbage, gravy (1 syn), Yorkshire pud (2 syns)

Dinner: Tandoori chicken with salad and kraft dressing (1 syn)

Snacks: Apple, pear, satsuma, muller, alpen light x 2, chocolate lime sweet (1.5 syns), slice of DS2's birthday cake (11 syns)

Last edited:
Day 35

Lunch:

Dinner: Shepherds pie (potatoes, extra lean mince, gravy - 2 syns)

Snacks: 2 x alpen light, 2 x baby bel, birthday cake (11 syns)

Feeling a bit fed-up. I weigh myself every morning and every day so far I have either been 15st 1lb or 15st 2lbs (which would probably mean either no loss, or a small gain on scales tonight. However this morning I have weighed in at 15st 4lbs so I will have a huge gain tonight). I've gone back over my food diary and my syns have averaged at 12 per day and although I have snacked on a lot of super free fruit, I haven't had that many vegetables / salad etc etc

1lb on
12lbs lost in 5 weeks

Pretty gutted TBH won't pretend I'm not

Last edited:
Day 36

10% of the way through the year now (I have committed myself to SW for a full year and would like to lose 4.5 stones (63lbs), which I think is doable (51lbs to go)

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Egg and tomato salad with Kraft (2 syns) and 40g low fat cheese

Dinner: Shepherds pie (2 syns for the gravy)

Snacks: Satsuma x 2, hifi bar, WW lemon slice (4 syns), alpen light (3 syns)

Plan for this week: reduce syns to a maximum of 12 and to eat more superfree in the way of vegetables and salad. I'm determined to shift two pounds and get my stone award next week.

Last edited:
Day 37

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Batchelor's Pasta n Sauce Macaroni flavour (using milk as a healthy extra A choice) (1.5 syns) with 2 x satsumas to follow

Dinner: Prawn Omelette and salad with Kraft (2 syns)

Snacks: Banana,birthday cake (11 syns), carrot sticks with houmous (4 syns)*

Mad with myself for buying the houmous. I had thought it was a healthy extra choice but when I read my book properly it isn't listed so mustn't be anymore. Syns online reckoned it was 8.5 syns for the whole thing which made it a not very appealing healthy snack. Anyway I ate all the carrots and half the houmous as I couldn't bear to waste money by throwing it away.

Last edited:
Back