Throwing myself into SW - food diary

Day 152 (Thursday)

Breakfast: Raspberries

Lunch: Mugshot

Dinner: Bean & Beef Casserole (lean beef strips, baked beans, carrots, onions, worcester sauce, spices)

Snacks: 2 x mini rolls (11 syns), mini muffin (5.5 syns), hi-fi bar

Well I'm chuffed to bits to have lost an amazing 3.5lbs this week! I do truly believe now that I must work a week in arrears with my diet. Which means I mustn't be disappointed over the next two weeks if I don't emulate this week. I'm going to stay on plan and grin and bear the 4 upcoming nights out. One of the promises I made myself back in January was to be fine about a gain if life has got in the way and to combat the mindless eating.

3.5lbs off
34.5lbs in 22 weeks

Day 153

Breakfast: Strawberries & raspberries

Lunch: Mugshot

Dinner: Fish Pie (2 syns)

Snacks: 2 x Hi-Fi Lights, Freddo (5 syns), Pom Bears (3.5 syns), hi-fi light (3 syns)

Last edited:
Day 154

First of my four "challenges" as my consultant likes to call them. I'm off out to a few pubs this afternoon / early evening. I don't think I'll be having anything to eat but alcohol will be involved. I drink Kopparberg (looks like 13 syns for a 500ml bottle) or Southern Comfort & lemonade (7 syns) and I'd drink 2 SC's in the time it would take me to drink a pint of cider so it's all much of a muchness. So I'll flexi-syn to 50 today, which is 7 SC&L's but if I had that many I'd be flat on my back! I'll try and intersperse it with lemonade

UPDATE: BAH this didn't post!

I had
1 x SC&L = 7 syns
1 x SC& soda = 4 syns
1 x diet coke
1 x SC& diet coke 4 syns
1 x diet coke
1 x SC & diet coke = 4 syns
1 x cocktail called a Drumstick = ? 13 syns (genuinely no idea, but it was very creamy!)

Then a mugshot when I got home. And a mini roll (5.5)

And bacon, scrambled egg, 2 x slices of toasted wholemeal bread, and 1 tsp of brown sauce (1 syn) before I went out.

Total for day = 38 / 50 (go me). I really didn't want to sabotage my diet today. I'm stone cold sober but had a really good time nonetheless

Last edited:
Day 155

Breakfast:

Lunch: Pasta Bolognese (free) with a bit of cheese ** (cheated a bit, didn't syn, and counting it as a HE along with a laughing cow)

Dinner: Gammon & pork, herby potatoes, Yorkshire pud (2 syns), brocolli & cauli, Gravy (2 syns)

Snacks: 2 x slices of toast with a laughing cow, 2 x chocolate tea-cakes (7 syns), hi-fi light (3 syns)

Back to work tomorrow so I'll be no doubt eating more

EDIT: Oh no, after I posted this, I went off the rails. I had a cake & biscuit binge :-(

Last edited:
Day 156

Another bad day. Someone in the office bought in buns and I had loads. I'm regretting it now because I feel physically sick and a lot of self loathing at the moment. I think it was because I couldn't be bothered eating breakfast and just thought I'd tough it out til lunch. Then I "just had one" which led to me troffing 6 or 7.

I'm writing today off but will try and get back on it tomorrow. I'm not coming this far to slide back downhill.

Days 157 (Tue), 158 (Wed), 159 (Thur)

Really badly off the rails which resulted in an enormous 4lbs gain last night!

I spent Monday and Tuesday binge eating and eating stuff for my tea that I wouldn't normally have on SW. I also ate lots of crap (crisps, biscuits, chocolate bars).

Wednesday wasn't too bad given that it was my birthday but Thursday I went out for lunch with my friend and I had burger, chips, onion rings and coleslaw at Wetherspoons and a pint of cider with a double southern comfort and lemonade. Then I went to weigh in with all of that sat there in my stomach.

So I'm pretty mad with myself as I am back to 14st. (or I was last night).

Weigh-in this morning was 13st 12 on-the-nose, which is disappointing as I had got down into the 13st 7's.

I've got to go to an eat-as-much-as-you-can Chinese Buffet at the weekend too, and finally another Wetherspoons meal next Wednesday but I will try to choose just a salad.

I'm not beating myself up about it though as this plan is really easy to get back on and I'm not having a race with anyone and SW is my new way of eating now, not a faddy diet, so I am sure it will come off.

Day 160

Breakfast: Vanilla muller in 175ml whole milk

Lunch: mugshot

Dinner: Cottage Pie (mince, onions, green beans, carrots topped with mash)

Snacks & Healthy Extras: 2 x chupa chup lollies (0.5 syns each), 1 pack of fizzer sweets (1 syn), double lolly (2 syns), 2 x slices wholemeal bread with spread (1.5 syns)

Weight this morning 13st 12lbs on the nose.

Day 161

Still 13st 12 on the scales this morning, very disappointed. I am like a sponge and cling onto fluid like nobody's business when it's warm and humid.

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Leftover cottage pie

Dinner: Cesar Salad (chicken, bacon, boiled egg, lettuce, tomato, cucumber in FF natural yoghurt / lemon juice / mustard powder)

Snacks: 2 x little boiled sweets (0.5 syns), 1 x chocolate (3 syns), 1 x slice of wholemeal bread made into croutons, 1 alpen light (HE B split), 40g low fat cheese, 2 x chocolate teacakes (7 syns), Freddo (5 syns)

Alcohol: 1 x 250ml can of southern comfort & lemonade (7 syns)

Gone over my sins today, but I had 10 from yesterday that I didn't use...

Last edited:
You are doing really well hun, love your attitude, wishing you the best of luck in getting to your goal xx :)

Days 162 to 165

Been off plan. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow. menu planning

Day 166 (sorry, did I say normal service would be resumed here? I meant on Friday as my Tesco shop didn't come til late on Thursday).

Anyway, surprisingly enough I did manage to lose a pound at weigh-in so that cheered me up somewhat. Up to 2st 3.5lbs off now, weighing at 13st 13lbs and 3.5lbs to go to my next award. So I'm motivated right now to do well next week.

Weight on Friday morning was 13st 12.2lbs

Day 167 (Friday)

Breakfast: Mugshot noodles, Banana

Lunch: Beef & Bean Casserole

Dinner; Lasagna

Healthy Extras & snacks: Cappacino yoghurt in 200ml whole milk, 2 x hi-fi light bars

No syns today, just to make up for all the rubbish I have eaten over the past two weeks.

Weight this morning was 13st 11.2lbs. The lowest I had got to was in the 13st 7's, so another 4lbs to lose.

Day 168

Breakfast: Mugshot, Banana

Lunch: 2 x slices of toast with spread (2.5 syns)

snacks: grapes, yoghurt in whole milk, 2 very thin slices of Madeira Cake (5 syns), Freddo (5 syns)

Dinner: Pork, salad, fat free dressing (0.5 syns)

We're away at a kid's athletics meet tomorrow so I've got all my food prepared so hopefully tomorrow will be a good food optimising day

Day 169, Day 170, Day 172, Day 173, Day 174

Oh dear. I've been off the rails again. Day 169 was okay but the rest of the week I have not only fallen off the wagon but have been dragged around repeatedly by it.

I know why - it is three reasons

1. Being badly organised. Although I was uber organised by getting a Tesco shop in, I made the mistake of trying to incorporate SW into the family diet. I had written a menu plan and everything I needed for the recipes but unfortunately slimming world recipes does not = normal sized family portions. Husband has also made a lot of meals this week as he has been home earlier than me and started cooking the tea and when he has seen the portion sizes he has feared starvation and thus bulked them up with oven chips or onion rings. We also had to have takeaways TWO of the nights because we were busy and did not have time to cook from scratch. So, I'm just gong to do meals as normal for them, and do SW stuff for me that I can bulk cook and freeze so I will never get caught short.

2. Hayfever. Hayfever makes me feel really drained. Not just a bit tired but falling-asleep-stood-up tired. This in turn has made me turn to sugar which has been mainly sweeties from the pound shop (like werthers mints, maoam chewy sweets, double lollies etc etc). I also had two slices of cream cake and two buns one day. A shop bought sandwich and cake didn't help matters either one of the days. I don't feel like this every day thankfully but when I do it makes it hard to resist - I have been fine today though.

3. I think I am a supermodel. Because I now have a few items of size 14 clothes in my wardrobe I now think I must look like Cara Delevigne. My target dress size 12 a universal size 12 but because I haven't been in the 13 stone's since 2007, I feel slim and I've got that niggly voice in my head telling me stuff like "you don't really want to lose any more weight, you don't need to"

So, I can't do anything about the hayfever but it's usually fizzled itself out by late July.

Weigh-in last night was another gain of 0.5lbs which I'm quite impressed with to be honest as it should probably have been more. But this means that I finished June the same weight as what I started (yikes), my worst month yet. Total weight loss 2st 3lbs.

I'm definitely back on the wagon now as I really, really, really want to be down to 12st dead (and possibly at target) by the Xmas party season.

Day 175

Weigh-in this morning: 13st 11.6lbs (was 13st 13.5lbs at weigh in last night so I'm just clinging on for dear life to the thirteens)

Ooh forgot to mention as well that I went for an interview last Thursday (internal) and I found out yesterday that I had been successful. I don't start until 8th September though (11 weeks) and I'd really like to be in the next stone down bracket, which is actually a stone to lose.

Breakfast; Mugshot

Morning snacks: 2 x double lollies (4 syns), 2 x hi-fi lights.

Lunch: Grapes, Sushi Snack Pack (2.5 syns)

Dinner: Chicken breast, new potatoes, frozen veg, gravy (2 syns) , 2 x Yorkshire puds (4 syns)

Last edited:
Day 176

Breakfast: nothing (straight out to a footy tournament at 9am)

Then onto a school gala where unfortunately I succumbed to food in the form of 3 Onon Bhaji's, 1 samosa, 1 chocolate covered flapjack and a cup of tea (no idea how many syns)

Afternoon: mugshot

Dinner: Pork, gammon, mash (2.5), veg, yorkshire (2 syns), gravy (1 syn)

supper: strawberries and f/f greek yoghurt

Day 177

Out today at Athletics all day so the propensity to boredom eat today is strong. (leaving the house at 9am and won't be back before 7pm)

For the past two days I have been 11st 11.2lbs - I thought I might have shifted into the next pound down bracket after two good days :-(

Food for today:
3 x Aldi Benefit light bars (HE B + 2.5 syns)
500g punnet of cherries
Pasta with mushrooms, tomato & cucumber with a sprinkle of lemon juice and schwartz herbs for pasta and 5 laughing cow light triangles chopped up and thrown in.

I made a huge vat of pasta so will probably eat that for tea tonight as well and there'll even be some left over for work tomorrow.

Day 178, 179, 180, 181

Well as you can probably tell when I stop posting it means I have fallen off the wagon.

I wasn't going to stay to class last night but my SW buddy made me go. I somehow, and I don't know how I managed it but I lost a pound. I always feel a fraud if I have lost and haven't been trying so I admitted that I just couldn't be bothered any more and didn't know how to refocus. When I started the plan my appearance was the most important thing to me, along with not being a size 18, and now I've got a few size 14 items (which to me is a normal size) and I'm slimmer than I have been in years, the impetus to lose it on appearance grounds isn't there.

SW lady said "so does this mean you want to be at target at the weight you are now?". Which I don't..... which must mean I want to lose more weight....

However I have noticed I am slipping back into old, uncontrolled habits again and was troffing constantly over the last few weeks and I really don't want to lose control. So I have decided to re-focus on controlling my eating rather than dieting for weight loss.

So back to 2st 4lbs off. Here's to my next shiny sticker...

Day 182

Breakfast: 175ml whole milk, strawberry muller

Mid Morning: Apple, pear

Lunch: Mayflower curry (3 syns) and rice

Mid Afternoon: Mugshot Noodles

Dinner: leftover mayflower curry & rice (3 syns), and a Richmond sausage pilfered from the casserole I cooked (3 syns)

HE - x 2 Benefit Light bars

Late on: Benefit light bar (2.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 183

Day off today because we went to Leeds to watch the start of the Tour de France and we went to the Red Hot Buffet for breakfast. I had three platefuls; one of cooked English breakfast (inc hash browns / black pudding / sausage - i.e not a food optimised English breakfast), then I had a plate of mini pastries and then I had 2 slices of bread with a knob of butter and some cheese slapped in the middle) along with 3-4 glasses of fruit juice.

However this has actually filled me up for the day and I haven't had anything else.

This is not the "uncontrolled" eating - that is where I just eat all the time, backwards and forwards to the biscuit barrel all day. Meals out are allowed

Back onto it tomorrow.

Day 184

Back to it, just realised I'm over halfway through my year.

Breakfast: mugshot, grapes

Lunch: Mackerel in tomato sauce between 2 slices of wholemeal bread

Dinner; Fish pie (with Schwartz Hollandais sauce, which is 5 syns for the sachet / milk) split between 3 of us so, say, 2 syns per portion.

snacks & healthy extras; Will update

Back