Tillymax is trying again

Oh yes Boo, I feel really uncomfortable. It's made me more determined to not be like this next summer.

Glad your day was ok :)

exactly next summer we will all be slim cos we are going to stick to it this time aren't we ladies :D

Maybe the fat will melt away in the heat? I have plenty of it and it feels likes its melting away thats for sure.

I did wonder about that gammon loaf. It looked abit omelettey to me in the pictures but I find alot of the sw recipes like that so tend to adapt normal ones these days where possible.

I only ever tried quorn sausages once and didn't like them. Was the casserole the sausage and bean one?
xxxxx

exactly next summer we will all be slim cos we are going to stick to it this time aren't we ladies :D

Maybe the fat will melt away in the heat? I have plenty of it and it feels likes its melting away thats for sure.

I did wonder about that gammon loaf. It looked abit omelettey to me in the pictures but I find alot of the sw recipes like that so tend to adapt normal ones these days where possible.

I only ever tried quorn sausages once and didn't like them. Was the casserole the sausage and bean one?
xxxxx

Hahaha yes the fat will melt away or I will sweat it all away :D

I tend to adapt recipes as well but with being off work I thought it was a good time to try things.

The sausage casserole didn't have beans in but it had loads of passata. That's why I couldn't taste the quorn sausages. All I could taste was tomatoes. It wasn't nasty but I prefer the bean one. We live and learn though :)

Hey Tillymax,
sorry to invade but i'm intrigued by the thought of a sausage and bean casserole. I truely despise this heat and every summer i say next year it'll be different this time i mean it :D
x

I've found the original recipe. I can't remember where I got it from but if it was someone on here - thanks

6 Quorn sausages
2 leeks
2 carrots
1 yellow pepper
5 mushrooms
1 tin of baked beans
1 tin of tomatoes
Paprika
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper

Chop up all the ingredients. Add the carrots and veggie sausages to an oven casserole dish and cook until the sausages are soft enough to cut into bitesize chunks. Add the rest of the ingredients, put foil over the dish and cook for around 50 minutes. Serve with mash made from potatoes and fat free fromage frais.

I didn't add the leek cos I didn't have one and I also cooked the sausages before adding them to the casserole dish. This would have been free on green or ee a few weeks ago but the quorn sausages are now 1 syn each. You could add veg to it to make it go further to bring the syn value down.

My mum makes the schwartz sausage casserole mix adds beans, potatoes, sausages, mushrooms, onions and any veg that needs using up. The syns for the mix are about 5 and the she uses 8 sausages so that would make 13 syns for the whole lot. It feeds 4 to 6 making it about 2.5 to 3.5 syns each. I think I will do this one in future cos I know I like it.

There are loads of different sausage and bean casseroles so Jackie may provide us with a nicer one soon :)

Nicki - I'm gonna find your diary later and have a read. I love being nosey :D

Last edited:
Hi my name is Michelle and I want to be in the slim by next summer group! Please can I join and melt away too?? :D

I have a great recipe that I haven't shared yet and I don't even have to change it or adapt in any way to make it a sw speciality! It is my homemade lentil and bacon soup and it is gorgeous :) Do any of you fancy it? If so I will post the recipe x

Hi my name is Michelle and I want to be in the slim by next summer group! Please can I join and melt away too?? :D

I have a great recipe that I haven't shared yet and I don't even have to change it or adapt in any way to make it a sw speciality! It is my homemade lentil and bacon soup and it is gorgeous :) Do any of you fancy it? If so I will post the recipe x

That made me chuckle :8855:

You are already part of the team. I signed you up without your permission :)

Regarding the recipe, I have never had a lentil in my life (well not knowingly) so you will have to give me step by step instructions. Please feel free to post any recipes. I like to try different things just so I know I'm not missing ought good.

Oh my day just gets better. The postmans been and brought a parcel. When he handed it over he said "there you go mate."

That extra pound has made me look like a man :eek:

LMAO!!!! What are you like Tilly!!! Boo xx

Oh my day just gets better. The postmans been and brought a parcel. When he handed it over he said "there you go mate."

That extra pound has made me look like a man :eek:

mmmm now I'm worried as people round here are always calling me mate but I thought thats just cos they liked me :cry:

:rotflmao:

think I've missed your menu plan for today will go back and look. Hope having a good day xxxx

mmmm now I'm worried as people round here are always calling me mate but I thought thats just cos they liked me :cry:

:rotflmao:

think I've missed your menu plan for today will go back and look. Hope having a good day xxxx

:8855:Oh I forgot to put my food plan on mate :8855:

So far today I've only had a yogurt. Haven't felt hungry :faint2:
I'm gonna make the tortilla pizza but I don't know whether to have it for dinner or tea. Either way I don't know what I'm having for the other meal. I think I'll go green today.

:8855:Oh I forgot to put my food plan on mate :8855:

So far today I've only had a yogurt. Haven't felt hungry :faint2:
I'm gonna make the tortilla pizza but I don't know whether to have it for dinner or tea. Either way I don't know what I'm having for the other meal. I think I'll go green today.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: tena lady moment here :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: will have to visit ooops.com

mmmm tortilla pizza sounds good. Is that the 7 syn one? I fancy trying that rather than the smash one. I am very disorganised this week. I have food in but can't get my head around what to cook for them all as whatever I suggest one or two will wrinkle their noses at me!

hey do you reckon if I wriggle around like those smileys I'd lose a few pounds :rotflmao:

Stop it. It's really dangerous making me laugh with all the water I'm drinking.

Yes its the 7 syn one. I'm just gonna chuck whatever I've got in on top of it and hope for the best. I've had the smash one before but this looks less faffy. And not only that but I can never get the smash one to go right - it ends up tasting like mashed tatties with tomato sauce and veg all mixed together and that's not what a pizza tastes like :)

Okay you win I will behave miss and stop making you laff as I should really be working, whoops....

Let me know re the pizza. I half mastered the smash one. You make the smash up thicker than the instructions. I just added water until it would bind and squidge (technical terms ;)) spray tin with frylight, squidge the potato flat until about 2mm -3mm thick, goes a funny shape but works well. cook oneside until golden, turn over and cook otherside. I then use tomatoe puree at (1/2 syn per tablespoon ) mixed with italian herbs, add topping, I use mushroom, bacon (all fat removed) egg, pineapple (either fresh or syn it) then HEXB in low fat mozerella as can have 42g. Tizz lush. Doesn't taste like smash if thin enough, cooked enough base. the very edges go hard but rest is just like real thing.

Back