Time to get serious!

Ok so end of week 6, weigh in this morning and have put a pound on, after three days off plan that could have been far worse! Am determined to loose this week, mini target is to be 100% on plan till my birthday at the end of october

Last edited:
Wednesday - green

B: few raspberries, apple, fibre plus bar (b)
Coffee with skimmed milk (a)

Starving today, had another coffee and water

L: jacket pot with baked beans and cheese (a) and salad
Water

Diet coke

D: riso gallo mushroom risotto with asparagus

Day: green
Hxb: fibre plus and cheddar
Hxa: skimmed milk
Syns: 0
Total for week 6

Thursday - EE day

B: apple (sf) 2 x alpen light bar (b)

Water

L: rice and chicken and vegetables in teriyaki sauce - guessing 6 syns at most?
Water

D: salmon fillet baked in oven with oyster and soy sauce - 1 syn and stir fry vegetables (sf)

Day: EE
Hxb: alpen light
Syns: 7
Total for week: 13

Last edited:
Fridays plan - green

Feeling positive this week have been 100% on plan after my weekend blip and not tempted by the ice cream in the freezer!

B: 2 x alpen light bar (b) coffee with skimmed
Apple
Water

L: pasta with aspargus and 37.5g 1/2a of phili light, black pepper and lemon juice

D: OH wants Indian so getting fresh stuff from Sainsbury's as think that will be more healthy than takeaway... Went for sagg aloo - potatoes with spinach, rice, and chicken zalfraze but didn't eat any chicken - hoping this is within my syns for the day but will call it 15 to cover.

Day: green/EE
Hxb: 2 x alpen light
Hxa: 1/2 phili light and skimmed milk in coffee
Syns: 15
Total syns: 22

Last edited:
Saturday - EE

B: apple (sf) and mug of tea with skimmed milk

Coffee and bike ride

L: jacket pot with coronation chicken (say 4 for mayo) with salad (sf) small spoon of coleslaw -2 syns and another coffee

D: is going to be steak with SW chips, roasted onions (sf) and rocket salad (sf) Ketchup - 2 syns

Hxb: olive oil for cooking steak
Hxa: skimmed milk in tea and coffee
Syns: 8
Total: 30

If anyone has any comments please feel free...

Last edited:
Sunday - not sure yet as off to a friends for dinner

B: 2 x wholemeal toast from 400g loaf (b) 2 x bacon with fat removed and 2 eggs fried in fry light
Mug of tea with skimmed milk

L/D: TBC Sunday lunch was roast chicken, broccoli, carrots and onions (sf) 1 x small Yorkshire pudding (3) and chicken gravy made with chicken stock (3ish) 1 potato
Diet coke

Coffee with skimmed milk and piece of flapjack - 6 syns?

Hxb: 2 x wholemeal
Syns: 12
Total: 42

Last edited:
Monday - Red...

Am writing this on the train home STARVING!!!

So the day was planned to be a green day so I could eat something quick when I get home at this stupidly late time...but the day went wrong.

B: 2 x alpen light (b) and coffee with skimmed milk

L: this is where it went a bit wrong - in a torrential down pore I had 20 mins to eat something at 12 knowing I wouldn't eat again till 10...hoped I could find a nice cafe to do jacket pot but no chance once I looked like a drowned rat I stumbeled upon a costa coffee and best option was chicken salad on brown bread - so if we say bread was my 2nd HXB on red I could take syns off but I have no meat ready to eat at home :-( so...if we say it's EE I recon it's loads of syns

If anyone knows how many please let me know, was just called chicken salad sandwhich on brown bread, less than 3% fat sticker on it.

D: will be whatever I can cook and eat quickest!

Day: red/EE
Hxb: alpen light bars
Syns: who knows but more than 15 :-(
Total <70

It's weigh in tomorrow and have been really good all week so hoping I see a loss

Tuesday (25th) - Green

Weigh in and I've lost 2lbs taking me to 10.5 woo woo!

But looking back although I did more green I did have a couple of EE so same for this week!

B: magic porridge, 30g oats (b) with 150ml ff nat yog and berries (sf)

Coffee with skimmed milk
Strawberries (sf) and water

L: superspeed soup (sf)

D: pasta bake with homemade tom sauce - onions (sf) garlic, herbs, tinned toms (sf) splash of balsamic vinegar topped with grated cheddar (b and a) with split runner beans (sf) and salad (sf)

Day: Green
hxb: porridge and cheddar
hxa: skimmed milk and cheddar
syns: 0 - i think...
total syns for week: 0

Last edited:
Well done on your losses so far. Your food diarys look great. If you want yesterday to be extra easy then there would be 10syns in the bread at most (Wholemeal thick slice 5yns). So as long as your dinner had 1/3 super free then you're fine.
I wish I had of had the motivation to lose weight for my wedding. I am 1stone 8lb lighter now than my wedding day. I look at the pictures from then and feel a bit sad that didnt do anything about it. keep up the good work and u'll be slinking down the alse in no time!!!

Well done on your losses so far. Your food diarys look great. If you want yesterday to be extra easy then there would be 10syns in the bread at most (Wholemeal thick slice 5yns). So as long as your dinner had 1/3 super free then you're fine.
I wish I had of had the motivation to lose weight for my wedding. I am 1stone 8lb lighter now than my wedding day. I look at the pictures from then and feel a bit sad that didnt do anything about it. keep up the good work and u'll be slinking down the alse in no time!!!

Hi starburst, thanks for popping in. Not going to worry about yesterdays sandwich now, it's a new week and hopefully it won't affect my loss as was only one little sandwich :)
I just want to be at my target long before the wedding so I don't go into panic mode. You've done really well tho almost 4 stone

Wednesday - EE

Have eaten all 3 meals on the move today!

B: well ate 2 strawberries (sf) out of the fridge.
Then coffee with skimmed milk (a) and bacon roll (b) 2 syns for ketchup

Water and another coffee

L: chicken salad with new potatoes, lots of lettuce and very small amount of ceaser dressing - will look up syns but can't be more than 4?

More water and a tea with dash of milk

D: M&S fuller for longer Harissa chicken and couscous salad if anyone knows the syns? It'd 330 cals 8.4g fat was very fresh, peppers and sweetcorn so fingers crossed it doesn't take me over 15....

Hxb: roll
Syns: 6 + dinner
Total for week: tbc

Last edited:
Plan for tomorrow...

Thursday 27th - EE

B: 30g of all bran yog flakes (b) with lots of strawberries (sf) and 100mls skimmed milk 1/3 a

Water and a coffee wish dash of milk

L: portion of superspeed soup (sf)

Nettle tea - going to make myself to avoid coffee :)

D: homemade burgers - ex lean mince with paprika, cumin and onion (sf) topped with bacon and 15g of cheddar cheese - 3 syns, tomato (sf) salad (sf) and SW chips and BBQ sauce 4 syns

Hxb: all bran
Hxa: skimmed milk on cereal and in coffee
Syns: 7
Total:

Last edited:
Friday - EE

B: 2 x alpen light bars (b) and coffee with skimmed milk

L: salad from deli, spinach (sf) roasted veg (sf) chickpeas, onions, potato salad - 4 syns mayo, chicken, cucumber, toms (sf) say 8 syns in total incase of any oil

Water and tea

D: bit of a odd...mixed up...not on plan dinner of 2 lamb cutlets then a few hours later a wholemeal roll (6) then some oven chips - suppose about 10? :-(

Day: BAD
hxb: 2 x alpen light bars
hxa: skimmed milk
syns: 24ish

so just means I need to be under 10 syns each day until weigh in tuesday is *week so blaming that a little but it is not an excuse! Back to it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sat - 29th EE

B: hot water with lemon (try and help digest last nights poor dinner) then magic porridge, 30g oats (b) with 150ml FF nat yog, little sweetener and mixed berries (sf)
Mug of tea with dash of skimmed milk

We are out to friends for dinner so will have to report back...assuming will be an EE day but may become a red day.

Day: tbc
hxb: porridge oats
hxa: skimmed milk in tea/coffee
syns:

Weekend

Not kept track of my syns over the weekend but had 2 EE days and been healthy and had hot water with lemon both mornings.

Plan to have v little syns tomorrow and then see the results of weigh in on Tuesday.

Monday 1st

So Monday's are now uni days, so start at 2 have hour break at 5 then finish at 9.

Started the day well...

B: apple and grape snack pack (sf) 2 x alpen light bars hxb and 2 x coffee with skimmed milk 1/2a
Bottle of water

L: boots meal deal, pineapple chunks (sf) pasta in Tom sauce - syns???
Coke zero

During 5 o'clock break the healthiest option in the coffee shop was chicken salad sandwhich on wholemeal - syns???

Definately going to have to bring food with me to avoid this as now today is either an EE and syn the bread or Green day and syn the chicken?....either way it's not a low syn day as planned.

Drink lots more water tonight to help flush it through. Weigh in tomorrow will tell.

Tuesday 2nd

Weigh in this morning and have STS at 10.5 which as I wasn't 100% on plan over the weekend I am happy with.

EE today as off to a conference tonight for the rest of the week and don't know what food will be like.

B: 1 alpen light bar 1/2b and coffee with skimmed milk 1/2a

Water
L: coke zero, pack of grapes (sf) and boots shapers, less than 500 cals range veg and rice salad (didn't add the salsa pot) hopefully this will be low syn as had lots of veg and lettuce...

More water

Back from work conference, made healthy choices I.e no cake at lunch, no bread roll before dinner, but there were sauces, def oil used in cooking and lots of wine :-( will just have to be good till Tuesday and hope for the best!

Ok so weighed myself Tuesday after a pretty bad week and it was hovering between 10.5 and 10.6 so will call it a STS and see the truth next week.

Today - Wednesday
Green
B: 2 x alpen light bar (b)

L: innocent veg pot the Mexican one with brown rice, butternut squash etc - can't be too many syns? From a quick search on here look about 6.5 - so won't pick those up too often.

D: SW chips, eggs and beans :) and 2 x 400g wholemeal toast yummy breakfast/dinner with some ketchup - 2 syns

Day: green
hxb: alpen light bars and wholemeal toast
hxa: skimmed milk in coffee
syns: 8.5

Last edited:
Back