Time to read the books!!

Morticia

Happy in my own skin
I'm about to embark on RTM on Thursday....ohh it's scarey....and to add to the challenge I leave for 10 days in Hong Kong on Monday. I'm starting a few days early so that I can have some salad leaves at least by Monday travelling in case I get held up at the airport.

So anyone got any tips about doing RTM the early days, especially when not at home?

All tips gratefully received from you nice folk...:D

Hi Morticia

Welcome to the RTM club :) I'm only into week 3 of RTM so still very much new to this. I started RTM unofficially a week early as I was away on a training course. I stuck to packs during the day, but allowed myself a grilled fish/chicken dinner with salad (no dressing). The salads did have some "not allowed" items (carrot, tomato & the likes), but I didn't get too hung up about it and ate them, but in moderation. As I had just completed 20 weeks of abstinence, it wasn't difficult to stick to small portions.

The difficult part for you will to not be tempted with all the extras you will be faced with, but if you go with the right mind set you should be fine.

The main thing is to make sure you enjoy yourself ;)

Mel

Hi Mel,

Thanks for that. I've just had my first protein meal, some smoked trout. I love fish but I think it was a bit disappointing just on it's own. Never mind, onwards and upwards...:D

Congratulations on starting RTM!

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with your first food. Have you planned your remaining week 1 foods?

Most folk seem to feel that the greens taste amazing and they really enjoy them once they can be introduced with the protein.

Thanks TI,

I've got my next few meals planned out. Saturday night is my big night when the greens get added in....wooohooo...:D

Well Saturday has come and gone and I had a lovely meal. Mackrel with greens dressed with balsamic vinigar and soy sauce. The taste was amazing. Tonight was salmon done with lemon juice and herbs. Can you tell I love fish??...:D

I think I ate slightly more than the 100g though, which is a bit worrying, does everyone else stick rigidly to the 100g?

Don't worry about exceeding the 100g of protein ... I don't and normally have anything from 130g to 160g. Sean and Daisy also don't stick to it rigidly and doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Good to hear you loved the flavours! I love fish too and am looking forward to enjoying the flavours anew. :D

Back