Tiny weight loss after 10 days

I'm feeling quite defeated. After 10 days of strict total solution, 1 bar, 1 shake and 1 soup a day, I have lost a grand total of ..............<drumroll>.........

3 and a half pounds. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm certain I have another week until TOM (but admit that I don't know what my body's water retention habits are) and I drink enough water throughout the day.

If it wasn't for the initial cost of buying everything, I would jack it in. But I really, really must try. I have to lose weight.

Some help please :wave_cry:

Try not to be disheartened.

I understand how you feel, truly.

I do not lose anything like the dramatic amounts some people do, despite staying TS.

How much weight do you need to lose, and how tall are you? These are important factors.

Slow but steady wins the race I say!! :D

hi, i cant say why you havent lost more, i can offer suggestions, are you drinking enough fluid? is it the correct fluid, i.e water, black tea/coffee. perhaps, it is you totm sooner than you thought?

sometimes if you do not have a lot to lose, you dont lose that quickly.

our bodies work in mysterious ways, the only thing i can suggest is keep at it for the month and see what you feel like at the end.

DB. I understand how disappointed you are feeling but stick with it. Our bodies are a rule unto them selves & respond at different rates. Maybe you are having too much salt or not drinking enough. Try to aim for 3-4 litres. You may find next week you lose a bit more as it is a fluctuating thing with most of us. x

have you measured yourself? I often read about people who haven't lost on the scales but have lost inches. Your body may just be going into panic mode and trying to hold onto what its got. give it a month to let the weight loss even out. Good Luck!!

Don't be disheartened, I haven't lost anything since 3 days before my last weigh day and this week I stayed the same so that makes 11 days with no movement on the scales, but I seem to have a pattern emerging where on every fourth week I stay the same followed by a bigger loss the next, so please don't worry, out bodies do strange things, but the weight will come off. :D

Remember that your body weight includes:

all the water you are carrying (affected by amount you drink, amount of sodium/salt you are taking in, effects of medication like nurofen). That can add up to 5lb for me.

All the digested packs that you have had since you last went. (I'm not saying what that can weigh ;-)

Some people lose a lot of water in week one, some don't have the water to lose.

Don't get disheartened. Keep going and the scale numbers WILL go down.

What was your diet like before you started?? Only reason for asking is if you low carbed before you started exante, you have already lost a lot of the glycogen that makes for the big losses in the first week...
Nix

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there, I posted a similar thread yesterday. I've lost 4 lbs in my first 2 weeks, and was very miserable.

Someone pointed out to me that I shouldn't have earl grey tea, although I had read other posts where people were drinking it. This is something so simple, I stopped drinking it, jumped on the scales today and I'm 1.5 lb down today. Probably coincidental, but I'm happier none the less.

Just stay with it another week, that's what I'm doing and hopefully we will see a bigger change next week - good luck!

Hi there,
It might help you to watch the lipotrim video Welcome to the Lipotrim Website the principle for Exante is exactly the same as LT and it explains everything really well. They talk about some people having more difficulty getting into ketosis than others but to basically stick at it and you will get there ;)

I'm feeling quite defeated. After 10 days of strict total solution, 1 bar, 1 shake and 1 soup a day, I have lost a grand total of ..............<drumroll>.........

3 and a half pounds. :cry::cry:

I think the bars have more carbs in them. When I did LT my losses were really poor when I had the bars so stuck just to shakes and soups and was fine. I think if your body is a bit keto resistant its best to keep the carbs as low as possible until your well into fat burning and then reintroduce a bit more variety later. The main thing is not to give up. Nothing worth having was ever achieved easily xx

Back