Tips for when your wobbling!!

flowey

Silver Member
I just though of a fun thread from something else I've seen.
When I'm wobbling a bit (usually when feeding the kids) I need to focus my brain real quick so I don't cheat.
I either search swimwear on-line, think about the swimming pool in the summer, or stand nacked in front of my mirror for a couple of minutes.
That'll keep me focused again till my next wobble.
Does anyone want to add there wobbly solvers incase I ever get immune to mine?

I carry photos of me at my biggest and get them out and have a look at them if I get wobbly.I also look through the photo thread on here
xx

God, don't want to admit this. I have a drawer full of chocolate boxes/wrappers etc. left over from my last binge... I deliberately kept them so I couldn't kid myself anymore. I know where they are and have never had to look at them, but knowing they are there helps me to keep on the straight and narrow when I get a snack-attack or feel emotional/wobbly. I think pretty soon I will bin them, not because I am out of the danger zone, but because I don't need to look at wrappers any more to know I don't want to go back there.
xxx

Katycakes, that made me laugh! We all have our things don't we. Hubby and I were remebering me at my lowest this am when I would sit on an evening with chocolate and burst into tears when I had finished it. I guess like an addict, I hit rock bottom. Not going back now, I've just started this journey, but my head soooo different. Maybe I should blow up the food label of that particular chocolate and frame it, need more pics on the wall!
Ta for your posts.

Flowey, you made ME laugh too... I've been scared of those b****y wrappers for so long and maybe now I really can laugh at them! I guess we should both choose one wrapper very carefully (for it's artistic merit) and frame it for the wall... hopefully these days I won't be chewing the corner of the frame anytime soon! It sounds dramatic but I know I was/am an addict too, and I really did hit rock bottom, and I didn't like it there... CD has helped me so much, and given me the space to change my eating and my thinking and find control again.

Maybe I'll just frame a CD sachet instead?!!!
xxx

Im too tired to think of anything yet to add but wanted to say thanks for other peoples comments, very interesting and helpful :) x

Hi,

I look at the clothes I can't wear because I put so much weight on. They're mostly size 14 and 12. They hang in the closet and when I feel like giving up, I lok at them and I talk to them. Promising that soon again, we'll be together.

Works wonder.

I look through clothes catalogues and imagine myself wearing all the stuff that there is no way could wear at the moment!! I tell myself what I'm going to buy and wear in the Summer when I'm slim. I also look at photos of me when I was slim ( quite some time ago now!! he he) but they show me that I am capable of being slim as they're evidence that I once was!!

The minute you have a pair of trousers or a skirt that are too loose keep them especially for low moments then get them out and put them on :)

This works for me as it tells me that this diet is working and it's worth sticking at.

Oh and of course the vile *fat* pic on the fridge is a good reminder :eek:

Annie x

I try on clothes that I know dont fit me.. or are too tight.. The sight of my tummy hanging over trousers or seeing fat rolls through tops soon kicks my butt back into gear!

Back