TIPS ON MAINTAINING????

Jasper666

Hi all my intentions were to only do exante for 4 weeks and then introduce food and eat sensibly, I simply cannot go back to the way things were and things are changing, my whole attitude and mindset has changed after years of yo yo ing.

Any tips on how to keep the weight off, I'm thinking low carbs has to be the way forward as my middle area is so trimmed up now and Ive lost 4'' already from my waist. BUT how do you get your energy foods if its low carbs? surely you will end up starving all the time, how do you get the happy medium. I love chicken, fish, salads, veg etc etc and would like pasta/rice in small portions. I can live without bread if need be although I like it, I think it causes inflation around my stomach area. Id be happy with bran type cereal for breaky xxxxxx

Thanks for all the support xxxxx

First for all well done for embarking on this journey! It's the first step!!

If I have any advise at all its this.... Think about what you are eating. Seems simple but when I look back at when I was over weight I didn't do this, I had what I wanted, when I wanted and didn't give it a second thought. Now I think about it, an I really hungry? Is this the best option? Is that portion just too big?! Don't get me wrong, I have treats BUT i now understand that if I have a treat I need to make up for it elsewhere such as exercising. I make sure I don't over eat but I don't starve either. It's a balancing act but you will soon get into the habit!

Good luck!

SC x

I've found eating fat along with protein keeps me full. Never get hunger pains anyway! I just need to keep carbs to a minimum I think as I feel much better for it x

Many thanks skinny and Plyms, that's great

Kind of makes sense to just not go back to old habits, there's been so much temptation lately, always is at work but it hasn't bothered me at all, its like my mind has made up. I have introduced an extra food pack as suggested on the vlcd and am getting ready for food again....better choices& it has to be a life change too which isn't a bad thing at all given how much better I feel for ridding junk, thanks again x

I have some low carb protein bars that i sometimes have as a snack if I've exercised lots too now. Thats my substitute choc ;-) x

Check out Autoimmune Paleo Protocol or Autoimmune Solution. Most of us have some kind of inflammation that causes either minor symptoms or more serious conditions.

If you only give up gluten, dairy and sugar you will feel so much better and find it easier to maintain your loss.

I would advice anyone not to cut out any food group unless you have been medically tested for conditions where they do effect you.
Too many are giving up certain foods without any scientific evidence that it is effecting you.

Paleo/Primal use to say no potatoes,no rice. It has turned around now and said a small amount won't hurt you.

Back