Tips when you're struggling

jcjazzy

Silver Member
Hi all
Sorry I've not been posting much, but this board does seem pretty quiet and I've been lurking :eek:. Anyway the last few days I've really been struggling with my mood and motivation and feeling a bit deprived etc., so tonight I tried on loads of clothes I've not been able to get into and guess what they fit and I'm looking so much better! What does everybody else do when they're feeling crappy to stop them going off the rails? JC x

Well at the moment my Boyf has his friend over having vodka and they have just ordered a £24 Chinese "/ I'm drinking my pints of water not giving in lol.. I'm clinging on to hope I've lost a lot by my first weigh in Wednesday that's what is keeping me going lol x

Well at the moment my Boyf has his friend over having vodka and they have just ordered a £24 Chinese "/ I'm drinking my pints of water not giving in lol.. I'm clinging on to hope I've lost a lot by my first weigh in Wednesday that's what is keeping me going lol x

Keep strong chick it will b worth it!! Go to bed if it gets to much x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No chance in sleeping with these pair lol just being sober around them is putting me off vodka lol. Hope this Chinese hurries up to calm them down haha x

I spent hours (literally) on the River Island, H&M, Zara, Boohoo website.. saving the links to the all the clothes i want to get myself into.
I also go on the 4OD website and watch supersize vs superskinny (i find that really motivational, as i'm soo much lighter than all the supersize people now, however i started off around the same weight as them!)

Long bubble baths & 50 shades of grey, all 3 books, have kept me on track to ;) ! x

I may have to start reading my twilight books again for something to take my mind off things... Plus vampires don't eat food so maybe it's the way forward, no temptation in them books lol x

Thanks girls. All good tips there! Funny how we all do different things when times are hard! Can sympathise with you JD about the vodka and chinese situation. I had a similar escapade on friday with DH beer and pakora! Smell was tantalising! x

Tactics for those difficult moments... I'd love to have a long bath but my flat only has a shower - so I have a shower!
I also sit on my bed facing the wardrobe mirror and look at just how much my tummy sticks out and that tends to put me straight off food.
Thinking about how much my weight will affect my knees and feet in the future helps too.

Thanks all for the sensible advice. Had a challenging week last week, but still managed to lose 2.5lbs. 22lbs in five weeks delighted!

I have a hot drink, tea/coffee/green tea etc and I look at myself in the mirror! Or I go out somewhere :) the huge craving soon goes! My worst time is at night especially when I need to get up in the morning because I just cant get to sleep!

Hi i may be on wrong part but i started ss yesterday and apart from a slight headache ive been fine, but i could not get to sleep at all last night, it was awful think i dozed for 30mins maximum and i am at work and exhausted, is this a result or day 1 no carbs or hunger or shock ? i felt o.k just wouldn't shut down despite trying everything, has anyone else had this? i'm half way through day 2 and not giving in!! thanks

Ooooh fitting back into clothes has to be my favourite... or a sneaky mid-week weigh in at home... :)

Back