To exercise or not to exercise...that is the question!

Right I'm putting it out there......I HATE exercise!!!!
i'm going to come out with all the usual excuses like I'm a Mum and I work full time etc etc.
i need yer advice.....does exercising really help weight loss?

Cheers

I think it helps. Why not just do stuff like a walk to the park with the kids, play football or go on a bike ride, etc, or take them swimming and have a splash about. It doesn't have to be 'proper' exercise, just moving around more and if you make it fun, it won't feel like exercise. :)

I think the trick to exercise is to find something you enjoy doing hun. Exercise is great to help support your weight loss, helps tone and is part of a healthy lifestyle. Try alsorts and see what you like :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Exercise can only be a good thing, even if you think of it in terms of health and not weight. Having said that though with slimming world you can lose without exercising so if you really don't want too at the moment then don't beat yourself up about it xxx

Find something you enjoy even if it's cleaning or going on a nice walk. Exercise is so good for your lymphatic system (cause it doesn't have a pulse like your heart/blood) it relies on you to breathe to have a good clear out of dead cells and toxins. We have a mini trampoline and it's loads of fun

start off with small amounts and work up, if you jump straight I. And the next day you're really sore, you might be less likely to want to do it again

I completely feel you on this one. I hate anything that feels like exercise for the sake of exercise. I don't like running at all, twice I've signed up for 5ks (and done them, but slowly and with a lot of walking because I hate running with every fibre of my being). However I found that signing up to a sponsored "swim the distance of the channel in 12 weeks" got me swimming every day and enjoying it, and using a bike for my primary mode of transport for all journeys under 5 miles made all the difference. I'm not "doing exercise", I'm going somewhere, and I can park up right outside of where I'm going! It feels lazier! Its awesome. I love riding bikes, and always have cycled short distances though. Recently I moved to a hilly area and I find that a bit more intimidating (and it feels like exercise, which I'm clearly less keen on ;) ) but yanno... It has a purpose! I'm going somewhere, its saving me money etc etc. The health aspect is merely a side effect. If I can trick myself into not feeling like I'm exercising for the sake of exercise then all the better :)

Have you tried Zumba? It's the only exercise I can honestly say I love!

I always used to hate exercise but I've found a class I enjoy (and for some unknown reason it's fairly hardcore but it's been the only one I've ever gone back for a second class never mind nearly 3 months of it)

Sometimes I think the word exercise puts people off. If you think of it as activity... how active are you now? Could you aim to increase this activity over a period of time? Even simple things like parking further away from the shops or taking the stairs instead of the lift .. all these small changes add up. As a previous poster has said though 'exercise' has its own health benefits so it is important to be active. I dont look on it as a weight loss tool. last time I exercise heavily & my loses slowed but the inches melted away & I toned up so from that point of view I think exercise is a very important factor

Back