To keep me on track

Ended up at a friends for lunch she’d made such an effort a vegetarian mezza including home made flat breads and falafel. I told her I’m loosing weight and everything she’s done was so considered I just ate. I had a side plate size bit of everything. Calculated at 400 cals. So I’m not panicking.

Didn’t join in with the gin so felt good. I’m drinking Wednesday only.

I am so happy feel positive and looking forward

1 month WI.

Start 14st 11 (94kg) today 13st 7 (87kg) goal 11st 7 (74kg)

I’m absolutely buzzing. I’ve done a mix of TS days, and 800 calorie days with either 200 calorie with 3 packs or last 2 days 400 calorie meal and 2 packs. Feel positive, energetic and most of all that the toxic relationship with food and booze is over.

I’ve had a s*** three years, but feel like finally I’m doing something for me I’m actually living rather than just surviving the day to day. Ok my marriage still on the rocks but I’m no longer punishing myself for his infidelity or questioning my own sense of self. I will get to my goal not for anyone but me. The positives will be setting a good example to my daughter and my health improving plus fitting in my many beautiful classic clothes by autum.

1 month WI.

Start 14st 11 (94kg) today 13st 7 (87kg) goal 11st 7 (74kg)

I’m absolutely buzzing. I’ve done a mix of TS days, and 800 calorie days with either 200 calorie with 3 packs or last 2 days 400 calorie meal and 2 packs. Feel positive, energetic and most of all that the toxic relationship with food and booze is over.

I’ve had a s*** three years, but feel like finally I’m doing something for me I’m actually living rather than just surviving the day to day. Ok my marriage still on the rocks but I’m no longer punishing myself for his infidelity or questioning my own sense of self. I will get to my goal not for anyone but me. The positives will be setting a good example to my daughter and my health improving plus fitting in my many beautiful classic clothes by autum.

Wow! That is some loss! You are on Month 2, so very well done!! Marriage stuff can be difficult :( Not sure what to say to that other than - you are doing great in keeping your head over this and focusing on your own health and your daughter. We sometimes to tend to beat ourselves up for other people's actions, actions they did that ended up hurting us in the first place. When there could've been so many other things/avenues that person could've taken... I am happy you reached the conclusions that you have :)

On this lovely Monday I’ve managed 2 packs and a egg/spinach omelette. Not hungry in any way.

I’m now watching how to be single, kids decided to sleep together so there chatting like bestie friends and watching Paddington 2.

It’s my wedding anniversary I’m alone and have consciously decided to drink gin. I feel really low and alone. I’m not sure what’s happened today.

I’m having two days off so will be back Friday, back on day 1. Hopefully with the energy and gusto I started with.

It’s my wedding anniversary I’m alone and have consciously decided to drink gin. I feel really low and alone. I’m not sure what’s happened today.

I’m having two days off so will be back Friday, back on day 1. Hopefully with the energy and gusto I started with.
Im joining you on those feelings. And i feel for you and will be thinking of you. Stay safe, okay? Big hugs, hun! Xxxxx

Thank you @Alecto_on_LCD i had a slice of toast, then o had 1/2 measure of gin and tonic. Have stayed below 800 cals (am kidding myself that’s ok in some way).

I’m sorry your feeling a similar way life can be so damn hard. Sending you hugs.

Catch up in a few days.

I’ve spent 2 days with my mum and feel rejuvenated.

Back on 800 cals tomorrow and feel in the zone. My next goal is 12st 12 by 31st August.
Good to hear the break has you in the zone and ready to tackle the next mini goal on your weight loss journey:classic_smile:

Day 1 I’ve got on fine, feeling positive.

WI this morning and 3lb gain. 13st 10. I’m ok as didn’t go mad on my two days off and actually think even though I drank alcohol I didn’t do it to screw myself over in any way.

Looking forward to the next 6 weeks. My next planned break is 16th Sept.

Day 2

WI 13st 7!!!

3 packs and a 200 cal spinach omelette.
Some headache and generally grumpiness but overall in the zone. Hoping to have the energy of ketosis kick in tomorrow or Monday.

Can’t remember if I’d said but last week like a mad lady I cleared my loft and garage so tomorrow I’m doing a car boot. All my 16-18 clothes are going. Feel excited.

Congratulations! And brilliant that you are shifting out those big clothes too!

Day 3

Car boot went ok. I’m feeling headache and tired today. Had a lemon bar whilst out and 1 litre of water.

I’m still sticking to 3 packs and 1 200 calorie meal. Really want to go for a run tomorrow as I’m kid free.

Day 4 WI -2lbs so am now 13st 5

Today I’m cooking some Keto 200 cal ready meals. Kids are going to grandmas so will also clean my house.

Day 4 WI -2lbs so am now 13st 5

Today I’m cooking some Keto 200 cal ready meals. Kids are going to grandmas so will also clean my house.
Well done, Kiwi. You are being so active also!! So you are officially doing the 800cal Man plan thing? Hope the run and clean go well for you, have a lovely day!

Hey @Alecto_on_LCD im going between man plan 800 and TS 600, depending on what I’m doing on the day. If I run 800, kids etc but when I’m at work 600. I’m finding that easier to manage a 200 cal meal also means I get to eat with my kids (I stick to chicken, fish, eggs with spinach or greens). It’s obviously working for me as I’m 19lbs down. So I’ll keep going. I know my plateau is at 12st ish, the last stone I’ll up my running and go to 1000 cals.

Hey @Alecto_on_LCD im going between man plan 800 and TS 600, depending on what I’m doing on the day. If I run 800, kids etc but when I’m at work 600. I’m finding that easier to manage a 200 cal meal also means I get to eat with my kids (I stick to chicken, fish, eggs with spinach or greens). It’s obviously working for me as I’m 19lbs down. So I’ll keep going. I know my plateau is at 12st ish, the last stone I’ll up my running and go to 1000 cals.
That sounds like a really good plan. I didn't consider varying the days between 600 and 800. It is working for you indeed and that's brilliant! How's the running going/how many miles are you on atm?

H hun @Alecto_on_LCD prior to stating I was running 6 miles, currently I’m running twice a week for max 20 mins. Basically I stop when I feel dizzy. What I learnt is that running alone doesn’t help me loose weight. I’m fact I stayed the same weight for a year but lost inches and a dress size, but ultimately was still over weight (don’t think the booze helps!)

So I’m booked to do a 6 mile run in November, made the decision to get to 12 st then up my running and calories.

When I maintained last time I did 3 spin classes a week and cut out potato’s and bread completely. Stuck to max 40 g portion of pasta or rice on the days I did spin. It was easy as I only had 1 kid, life was easier and I coped with stress differently. I’m hoping that this process can help me manage and tolerate emotion removing the link to booze and bad food groups. Having had that 2 days off and actual enjoyment of social drinking with tasty healthy food I feel positive. Life will never be easy and the only thing I can control is the relationship I have with myself. I rambled sorry x

Day 5

I have today surfed the urge to sabotage I wanted to scoff all food, drink a litre of gin and drown in cake, smoke fags etc and I didn’t do any of it. I had 2 packs and a large chicken breast with green salad. Can’t manage another pack so won’t bother. Now I’m in bed.

I’m stressed about finances as when me and my husband separated we split out banking. When we got back together 4 months and 16 weeks of therapy later we agreed to keep it split. He earns significantly more than me and I’m regularly broke. I don’t want to ask him for money ever so need to work full time again so have started looking for jobs hence all the urges to sabotage.

In a NSV I fit in a size 14 marks and Spencer’s trouser

Back