To try or not to Try....

Professor

Guess whos back...
Apperently that is the question..

LL Bars, i be into my 4th week this saturday (wow it really been that long!) and thus far i have declined the LL bars, as i am SO a fussy eater and cant stomach amny things, i hate the shaked but got into routine and survive now. Really not sure if i will like any of the bars, i hear so many peeps say they are bad?

What do you think? And which would you recommend?

hi,

I am on day 28 of LL, after the first weekw hen the bars could be introduced to the diet, i had one the toffee and i am not going to lie i hated it. Since then i have one now and then, as with me i missed chewing lol.

I would say that the fruit one for me is the best. I have tried the nut crunch as well as the others and it wasnt for me.

One thing i will ask anyone also that has had the bars- i really suffered with trapped wind when i had any of the bars but also especially the lemon has anyone else had this.

Lee, if i was you i would dive one a go. I like the fruit one now, that i have got used to them. sorry for rambling on.

Gem x

I HATED the nut bar, it is really really dry but some people do love them.

I get the toffee and the fruit bars, I don't like lemon so only tried them once.

I actually think they are quite nice BUT be warned they give you wind!!

I'm on day 24LL and had bars for the first time this week. The nut crunch is disgusting, and I'm going to drive a 60 mile round trip to trade them in on sunday, so yes they are that bad! I liked the toffee bar, it's a bit like fudge but not so sweet.

Vikki.

I think the bars are OK - much better if you keep them in the fridge then they are like a hard fudge bar. My fav is the nut crunch, eaten with a cup of tea - I imagine its a flapjack. But it really is very personal. Give them a go, at least they give you something to chew on. They are so convenient when you are out and about too - and you can almost feel "normal" if you have to eat them in company.
Certainly worth a try...

Joolz x

I can only eat them cooked - into little cookies, washed down with lots of chilled, flavoured, sparkling water!
Just get 1 for a try xxx

Hi I love the Toffee bar but does remind me of chewing plasticien(I Havent :eek:) I hate the nut crunch to me its like eating MDF (I Havent:eek: )the lemon and the fruit ones are very similar to the toffee.Does feel good to chew something though
xxc

DEF try cooking them

Have a go at cooking them in the microwave - they improve 100%!
There's a lady in my group that only has 28 packs of veg soup, in wk 6 she took the plunge & now cooks the toffee bars 1 x per day xxx
:)

It really is a matter of personal choice. I only have the lemon and toffee bars and only have them cooked.

The nut crunch bars were ok from one batch but the quality control wasn't good and other batches were too dry so I wouldn't take the riske but the moister ones were great in high summer because the heat didn't affect them.

Our LL counsellor did a tasting session at the start of our second week so that we could try all the flavours without having to buy them first. :)

I wish we could have had a tasting session, that would have helped loads!

Never mind, it's all part of the fun eh?

Vikki.

I can't say I love any of them but they are all bearable and very practical if you need to go someplace where it's difficult to mix a shake or soup.

They are also good for helping get things moving if you suffer from constipation!

The toffee one is okay chopped up into pieces and frozen.

I treat all my packs as medicine to help me get slim!

OMG bearable? i ordered 2 this week to try out, (toffee and nutcrunch) one bite of each and they found the dustbin!! Really disgusting i thought, sorry back i am back to my same old same old mousse's.

Indeed Nicole, i have now steered clear of the bars. In fact i dont change (LLC laughs at my little choice) I just have my pint of choccy mousse each day and im done!

Water water water, its my secret. I drink at least a pint an hour during waking hours. And i find i a never feel hunger and even making my mousse is a chore!

Back