Today is a struggle

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by minime, 25 October 2008 Social URL.

1. minime

minime Gold Member

Been out all morning at bowling party, platters of food brought out, looked amazing, I had a coffee, no cake. Out this afternoon at shopping centre birthday party, dd2 won competition £120 debenhams clothes, will model on catwalk show and cut the cake, again food, food, food. I've felt fairly strong up till now and although I've stayed strong, it has taken every bit of willpower I've got and now I'm dreading going out this afternoon.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emzski

emzski Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.49%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Aww i know exactly how you feel. I have started to resent everyone who eats!!! I How dare they enjoy food when im going without!! However while people are busy scoffing our lbs are burning away and thats the main thing! Just think how bad you would feel if you ate anything!

My Oh had a chinese last night I was very angry as I think the last couple of days have been such a struggle for me so I told him I hope he chokes on it and took myself to bed to read to a book.

Today and for the moment (my moods are chnging ALOT right now) I am back to being postive and feeling very strong.

Once you get thru today just think how amazing you will feel!!

4. hippychicken

hippychicken Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating for life
    ive found it hard being at my parents esp. when my 18 yr brother being an idiot but im cooking everyone dinner before i go out tonight i feel like i have more control over it, im happlier if i do cook its weird

5. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    ah, Mini, hope it gets easier today. Its really challenging when you have to continuosly face food. Just glug glug glugh that water - that always helps.

You are doing so well, and I know you have it in you to resist.....but it does make it an effort, days like that.

Be strong hon - you can do it!!!

X X

6. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    weight Watchers now but did LL/CD
    awww it is horrid wen theres food all around u :( but keep strong hun x It will be worth it x

nas x

7. wombat

wombat Full Member

Diet:
    Can I just wake up thin tomorrow, please?
    Oh hun (hugs)! Sorry you are feeling like that. it is getting difficult for me too, but I just keep thinking that Im in my 3rd week, then it will be a month and then just 2 months till I finish development. I have gone quite far and just dont want to throw away it.
    Have you tried the savory drink? It helps me a lot:)

8. minime

minime Gold Member

Awww guys, thanks so much and I'm pleased to say I made it to the end of the day yay. Weigh in on Monday so no way will I be tempted tomorrow.

9. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Yeah! What she said!!! Hug thyself! Often! :D :D :D

Well done on getting thru a tough day!

xx

10. Minxy Mummy

Minxy Mummy Going, going, ........

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    That's great MM - I had a similar day yesterday, I had a "Strictly Chocolate" party to attend where there were free samples!! But you know what, it didn't even register with me to have any - I was sooooooooooo pleased and then in the afternoon I was at Mum's as my Uncle was visiting and she had plates of cakes on offer! I followed the advice from ladies on here and just drank glass after glass of water - it really is the answer, I drank 12 pints yesterday - so tomorrow's weigh in had better be impressive! :D:D

11. minime

minime Gold Member

Thanks MM, its funny how once you are past it you think, what was the problem. I'm hoping to lose 3lbs at my weigh in to take me to my first stone in 2 weeks. Good luck for yours.

12. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Hey mini -good luck at WI

I know how you feel. i've been abstinent from food since last February.
    Last night we went to friends to play board games, just a few of us. Lovely different cheeses, fresh french bread,BUTTER, olives, CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKES, wine, etc, etc,
    I started thinking, "has all this been put here to torture me!" Then I realised, it's always like that, before I would have been at the front of the queue all evening and chosen the biggest cake(s).
    I had black coffee and water, felt like a saint and won a game ahead of a guy who thought he'd got it in the bag!
    You should have seen his face.RESULT*********:wow:

13. karenharrison

karenharrison Member

Start Weight:
    18st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1.5lb(11.55%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well done you. I wish I had all the willpower and inspiration that some of these wonderful people have - have been on hols and made an adult decision to eat while I was away, but then struggled to get back on the programme, especially as now on week 13. However, went back and only gained 4lbs in two weeks - I think the major stress was that I'd regain it all just as fast as I'd lost it, but now feel fantastic, and am back in ketosis! Keep looking at all the smaller clothes and trying them on - that's enough to keep me motivated.:)

14. minime

minime Gold Member

Thanks SB and Karen, well done on your losses so far, and Karen only putting on 4lb on holiday was fab.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.