Today's the day! restarting aim to lose 2 stone by Xmas!

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Hi all well tonight i have decided to give CD another go starting 2morrow Tuesday 24th October 2006! I know i can stick to it if i want to it's just OH is forever ordering takeaways and he's one of those we love to hate he can eat anything and not put on an ounce!! But from 2morrow no more excuses i have to do this not only for myself but for my kids or im not going to be around to see them grow get married have kids etc. So yes tomorow is going to be the first day of the rest of my life!! Phew i've never said that before, lol Im 5ft 3ins and 14 st 2lbs. Hopefully fingers crossed i'll have lost at least 2 stone for Christmas

Last edited:
Hi tracie,well done 2 u for making up your mind to give CD another go.
I feel exactly how u feel that if i dont take my weight issues seriously now i wont be around to see my son grow up.

I myself am restarting 2morrow and i am determined to sucseed this time.
Just remember to drink drink and drink as much water as possible as it really does help with your carb withdrawal headaches and also hunger in the first few days till u get in ketosis.

There is a Christmas weight loss challenge going on at the moment here is the link if u would like to check it out.

http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss...g-losers-weight-loss-christmas-challenge.html

I think your goal of loosing 2 stone by Christmas is a very realistic goal and there is no reason why you should not achieve that easily.

Take care hun and have a good day 2morrow.Remember there is always someone around 2 chat 2 so u wont be alone on your journey.

Hi Roch thanks for your kind words and good luck for 2morrow i'll be thinking of you as im guzzling my water and forever thinking we CAN do this!! no more negative thoughts! PMA is the way ahead! I have been following your diary the last couple of weeks (im a lurker more than a poster lol) and can understand how difficult emotionally this is for you, but just remember 2morrow is another day and a new start not only for you but your son as well. Ver Best of luck to you and if you want a chat just PM me.

good morning tracie... a bit huge hug full of positive vibes and good lucks... for your restart today!!

keep in touch

love

Gen xx

Huge thanks Gen and Jazzy i think im going to need all the luck i can get!

Weird thing is i always seem to find the first couple of days ok as the water keeps the hunger at bay. The second week is always a danger period for me as my stomach is telling my brain it needs food and my brain alweays gives in!! But not this time noway hosay as the saying goes onwards and upwards is the only way from here!!

Thanks Beverly, all the good luck vibes will hopefully keep me going.

Good luck Tracie,

We all have to fight the emotional hunger when it comes up.

Had a bit of that last night and I knew I was not hunger...just the emotional comfort thing that says you want it...don't you:rolleyes:

Feel good today I did not listen to it.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks mini and isobel and eveyone from the bottom of my heart. FOOD i hate it but love it at the same time! how can that be???? i was doing great up until about 6pm i made kids and OH dinner about 5pm and thought how proud of myself i was to get by that, then!! my DS had left a an open pack of choccie biscuits!! and well the rest is history, serves me right for bosting on here how i find the first couple of days easy! usually i do and it's always the 2nd week that gets me, so gawd only knows what went wrong today!!

I always feel so positive and in control after a few days on CD, as you all know how great it feels to be on the road to being slimmer! and how much energy you have and the sagging belly feeling lighter and lighter, being able to walk that little bit further, climbing the stairs! it's such a amazing feeling! so why? why? why? do i keep sabotaging what i know will make me feel 100% better!! I honestly wish i knew why?

Best of luck to you Tracie and to Roch too! I'm hoping for success from both of you x

Thanks so much Sally, Roch how r u doing? hope your 1st day went better than mine!

Hun u r only human and the prob is that 4 so long we r used to picking on food and alot of the time the food is in our mouths b4 we actaully realise it.

Honey u were not boasting at all so pls dont feel like "it serves u right" u slipped up its not the end of the world.

JUST DRAW A LINE UNDER YOUR LITTLE BLIP AND CARRY ON LIKE IT HAD NOT HAPPENED !!

Tracie hun its not going to make that much of a difference as u were not in ketosis as it was only day 1.Tomorrow drink loads of water and maybe ask your OH if he could help u out by not leaving open packs of biscuits around at least for the first week till u r well into the swing of things and feeling a bit more confident around foods that tempt u.

I think alot of us are guilty of sabotaging our diets no matter which diet we r on, why we do it we may never know the reason why, but maybe we just have to learn what triggers us off .

Tracie hun pls dont be 2 hard on yourself.Go and have a nice hot bubble bath and a good nights sleep and 2morrow is another day and u will get back on track.

Take care hun and sleep well xxx

Come on Tracie you can do it!
Today is another day ..... and as Roch says draw a line under yesterday and start anew today.

Oh and tell yr OH and kids no snacks/treats etc in the house!! I give mine money if they're going out somewhere so they can have a choc bar away from home!!!

Hi Tracie

How are you doing today?
Read your opening post on this thread..... You can get that positive thinking back.
Todays a new day. Go For it.

Jazzy x

Thanks Roch Flirty & Jazzy,

I know i can do this but as yet i havn't restarted as for the choccie biscuits a relative of ours works in a certain biscuit factory and is forever bringing loads of goodies (baddies in my case) round to the house, thing is im not really into chocolate im more a crisp person so i really cant understand why i went for chocolate!!???

I was planning on restarting 2morrow but i might wait until monday, if i start 2morrow i wont be in ketosis for the weekend, what do you all think should i start 2morrow or monday?? i would appreciate your input and really a satarday and sunday i could do without as everything we do at weekends revolves around food if out shoping theres always some food court sat & sunday nights takeaway's or out for dinner or KFC etc..

I am still as positive as ever and i know i can do it!! even if i lost 2 stone that would be a major achievement in its self although i have around 5 stone to shift 2 would get me well on the way to where i want to be!

I hate feeling the way im feeling just now and i just can't understand why i keep eating when i know what it does to me!

I took really ill last night with my breathing problems and labour like pain again so now i know CD isnt to blame im over the moon and raring to go!! and hubby can stick his pipe in his mouth and smoke it lol for blaming CD in the first place.

Hope evryone is doing ok as i said before i really have to work on posting on others threads as im more of a lurker! fact is i have went to post so many times on other peoples threads but thought my post was so boring i just end up deleting them lol.

Speak to you all soon, and thanks again for all your encouraging words of wisdom.

Thanks Roch Flirty & Jazzy,

I know i can do this but as yet i havn't restarted as for the choccie biscuits a relative of ours works in a certain biscuit factory and is forever bringing loads of goodies (baddies in my case) round to the house, thing is im not really into chocolate im more a crisp person so i really cant understand why i went for chocolate!!???

I was planning on restarting 2morrow but i might wait until monday, if i start 2morrow i wont be in ketosis for the weekend, what do you all think should i start 2morrow or monday?? i would appreciate your input and really a satarday and sunday i could do without as everything we do at weekends revolves around food if out shoping theres always some food court sat & sunday nights takeaway's or out for dinner or KFC etc..

I am still as positive as ever and i know i can do it!! even if i lost 2 stone that would be a major achievement in its self although i have around 5 stone to shift 2 would get me well on the way to where i want to be!

I hate feeling the way im feeling just now and i just can't understand why i keep eating when i know what it does to me!

I took really ill last night with my breathing problems and labour like pain again so now i know CD isnt to blame im over the moon and raring to go!! and hubby can stick his pipe in his mouth and smoke it lol for blaming CD in the first place.

Hope evryone is doing ok as i said before i really have to work on posting on others threads as im more of a lurker! fact is i have went to post so many times on other peoples threads but thought my post was so boring i just end up deleting them lol.

Speak to you all soon, and thanks again for all your encouraging words of wisdom.

Hi Tracie,

Nothing boring about your post whatsoever, you have articulated very well what goes through many of our heads before we begin a diet,,,

Start off well and then blow it mostly before the day is out.

I do know that if you keep trying and don't give up you will get it one of these days like I did.

I know how bad the breathing can get as when I answered the phone everyone thought I was running and all I did was get up off the sofa!!!

Weekends are tough at the best of times and what I would think would be your best approach is just to cut out the crisps and high carbs gradually from now until next Monday and increase your water uptake as this will help greatly.

Or begin on Monday on step 2 or 3 instead of going right into SSing.

It is eight weeks from next Monday to Christmas so you could well have one and half to two stone off!!!

This would make a big difference to your breathing.

When I lost this much I found I slept better at night and I lost that tired all the time feeling I had.

'i'lldoit as started a two stone challenge for Christmas and I have joined that as well...I love challenges as even though I have never won any of them it keeps me motivated.

The Bonfire night one is nearly over so this will be another good one as I think so many of us would love to see a stone or two off in time for Christmas.

Here is the link:
http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/4196-two-stone-christmas-challenge-please-join-xx.html

As regards posting, I cringe over some of the ones I post from time to time, but this is not school and I hope I am forgiven:eek: for my bad spelling and sometimes off the wall posts...if I were to think about them too much I think I would be too embarrased myself to post...so your not alone in feeling awkward about it.

I know I learn so much from other members post and your one above is an example of how much we do get into certain patterns of behaviour in our lives and it is good to know that if we want to change we can:) Just takes us coming out of our comfort zone and after awhile this then becomes the norm.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Tracie

I think that all of the advice that Mini has given you is fab..... You keep trying and you will get it soon. You haven't failed until you give up trying.

I think that starting on Monday is a great idea and will give you the opportunity to start upping your water and cutting out carbs etc. Please try not to fall into the trap of having the "last supper". The night before I started CD I planned to go home from work and order my favourite take away (oooohhh sweet and sour chicken Hong Kong style :eek: ...... stop it, back to the question in hand!!) but everything went wrong at work and I didn't get home until 1am. I searched every where for a take away open that would still deliver but had no luck. I ended up cooking a manky old frozen chicken and mushroom pie that I managed to burn and had to throw half of it away. At the time I was really upset but looking back I am glad as this meant that the first few days were much easier. I didn't get the serious withdrawals.

It may also be worth preparing yourself for next weekend when you will be well into SS'ing and try and arrange activities that don't revolve around food. You will find that when you are well into it you will be able to go into food places and it not bother you that you won't be eating too. Again something I learned. I avoided ever going out in case the temptation got the better of me but then I had a family do that I couldn't get out of and it was absolutly fine. No-one questioned me drinking only water... I think they all thought it was Vodka and was confused when I was stone cold sober at the end of the night :D . I really enjoyed myself and didn't have the raging hangover the next morning.

I agree that there is nothing boring about your posts. I'm very similar and sometimes feel that I shouldn't be posting. Not because of anything that anyone has said or done on the site but because I think to myself "why would they care what I thought". I know how you feel, but do post if you find times difficult and ask those questions that you need the answers to. Everyone is fab here and someone will always come along to offer an ear or some of their wealth of knowledge.

Sheesh, look at the length of this post. It totally contradicts everything I have just written in the last paragraph!!!!!

Anyway Tracie, Good luck for Monday and Glug glug glug.

Jazzy xx

Back