Today's WI

JanD

maintaining since June'09
Hi Guys!! Happy Sunny Monday to you all!

Although I'm not 'cheffing' at the mo - you did ask me to keep you informed sooooo .....

Wk4 WI .. lost another 3.4lbs making a total of 18lbs. Yay Me!!! :party0049::party0049::party0049:

The girl in the chemist said - "It's lovely to have someone who's doing it properly" ... I was gobsmacked ... She said often people are disappointed with their loss but then tell her what they've been eating??!!!

Ah well - takes all sorts I suppose. Hope you're all having a lovely day! xx

Oooh, well done! That's a fab loss! :) Haha, I love it - what they've been eating...? Kind of defeats the point of abstaining from food, huh? (Assuming LT is the same as LL, that is!)

You're doing brilliantly keep it up! I know weeks 5-7 were my toughest on LL, once the novelty has worn off and the road still seems so long... but stick with it - you'll be there in no time! :D

xxx

Thanks anna - yes exactly - they shouldn't be eating anything, can't understand it myself but I'm very much an all or nothing kind of person!

I love your photo - you're really beautiful! xx

Yeah - I'm the same - that's why I loved LL, and I think it's also why I'll enjoy DC... it may or may not click with me, but I love the fact I eat what I have - and that's it...

I think my relationship with food ties in to my life... I have always been very responsible - my own boss etc... I am also president of a charity organisation so looked to all the time. It's quite nice being 'dominated' with food - being told what to have, and just getting on with it - typical child like behaviour - nice to be able to switch off.

Anyway - thanks for the compliment on my pic... it is weird seeing my face looking so healthy - it was decidedly squidgier a few months ago!

A x

Haha - Love that word "squidgier" :)

Diet Chef IS great. I'm a bit annoyed with myself I started making it up instead of just sticking to it!!! I'm sure you'll do great! xx

Jan - that is fantastic !!:wow:

You must be so pleased !! Are any friends/colleagues noticing the losses yet ?? I have had so many positive comments in the past few days - my DH laughed his head off (literally) this evening when I was telling him what one of my 'clients' had said about my change in shape - because basically what she mean't was that I was HUGE before !! Bless her.....:rolleyes:

She did mean it in the best possible way !!

Still loving it - I am interested to see how my deviation for my birthday celebration ( basically over 3 days ) effects my WI - my ma has gone up this week at her WI 1 lb (she gets weighed weekly at the gym). Sadly I am unable to find the time (yet) for that luxury !! LOL

Well - how sad am I???

Have sought out wifi connection to come and have a moan :(:(!!!

Only 1.6lbs off today! :(:(

I KNOW all the arguments why that's really quite good and why it might not be what it could have been but I'm still really disappointed ...... it's said we can expect 3-4lbs a week on this so I'd better catch up next week or there'll be trouble!!!!

Grrrrrrr!

Rant over :(:(

Jan that is ok - you haven't stayed the same or gone up and like you say I am sure it will 'pan' out next week. I am not sure what will happen for tomorrow as I had wine on friday and saturday night and ate out at friends on saturday night AND it was of course Mothering Sunday yesterday and I was treated.........

Apologies I have not been around for a few days - Friday at work was very stressful - although we are not an emergency service I was placed in a 'life and death situation' - wouldn't want that to ever happen again.... So def needed the wine as a recovery treatment !

Also my mother in Law suddenly detiorated in terms of her health yesterday and so have been at Drs after work with her and she is now in our dining room - have moved beds and furniture around this evening.... Needless to say none of this has been straight forward and she is not the easiest patient !! She is awaiting an assessment at the Stroke Unit and needs further tests at Drs tomorrow at 9 am.

What a day !!

*hugs*

If you look at other's records, you will see the odd week where there is less of a loss. The body alas is just not a machine and there is not always a logical conclusion.

Chin up for next week :D

*hugs*

newme ... Thanks! I sincerely hope you're right!

Thanks Laura! Sounds like you're going through the mill a bit at the moment. I hope things sort themselves out for you soon.

Thanks for the encouragement Caroline .... I've been looking at everybodies records too! :) I still have my fingers crossed for this week even though **ducks in readiness for the slaps** I got on the scales before and weigh exacty the same as I did on monday. Of course I wanted the elusive 'other' 2 lbs from last week to have gone and then some!!!!

I am definitely in ketosis. I am sticking to it 100% (and V annoyed with myself that it MATTERS to me that people believe that (???????) ) I have upped my water intake and I don't think there's anything else I can do ................. we won't mention the dreaded 'E' word unless and until it becomes completely unavoidable...........

Ah well - Monday will tell .....

Scotland was cold, wet and windy .... apart from that LOVELY!!!! :) xx

jan have you tried measuring yourself because sometimes on vlcd the fat goes but you retain water. if this is happening the inches will be going as the fat is going. that way you can see that the weight is going and then the scales will catch up. dont worry hang in there.

also make sure that your not drinking more than 500ml in an hour or u may be retaining by drinking too much in a short space of time.

anyway keep up the good work

jan have you tried measuring yourself because sometimes on vlcd the fat goes but you retain water. if this is happening the inches will be going as the fat is going. that way you can see that the weight is going and then the scales will catch up. dont worry hang in there.

also make sure that your not drinking more than 500ml in an hour or u may be retaining by drinking too much in a short space of time.

anyway keep up the good work

I hear what you're saying but the thought of going into the same room as a tape measure makes me shudder!!! ;) :)

However! The water thing! Now that's really interesting - I don't know if I do that but it's possible ... I'll take note and put it right if I do! .... Thanks for that xx

Laura - 'E' = **whispers in case my body hears and goes into shock** ......... 'exercise' .......

OMG I have just had a huge chuckle hee hee........

I thought you meant an enema ..............It all seemed a bit extreme and very medical - that's the nurse in me tho' .........

Now exercise ................ whats that ???

LOL!!!!!
Hmmmmmmmmm - that's a thought!! ;)

:happy036::wee: Back to 'normal' this week with a 3.4lb loss!!!! I am convinced I wasn't drinking enough so I am now surgically attached to a water bottle - so much so I got up 3 times last night for the loo :rolleyes: - small price to pay in my opinion!

Thank you for all your encouragement and support last week - I really needed and appreciated it! :flowers::gen126: xxx

Back