Tomato Soup

cybill

Gold Member
OK, what does everyone else do to make the tomato soup palatable?

The first time I had it I just thought it was really bland. Each time I've had it since, it seems to taste more and more powdery.... argggg. Any tips gratefully received.

thank you

Couple of drops of Tabasco sauce for me

yuk im with bernice i cant stand it i got rid of all mine.

Tomato is proably my worst too but I just add Salt and Im happy enough, there is bound to be a few bits that you can add (ideally some bread for me hee hee)

I used to like tomato too but I also find I am liking it less and less. I have to put a lot of salt, pepper and chilli powder in to get it down

I add either chilli flakes our ground peppercorns. I am going off the soups so have just ordered shakes this time.

Other day i added all purpose seasoning spicy, salt, italian seasoning and tabasco. Wasn`t so bad but aaah just the thought of it.....

I have ordered just shakes with a few soups - haven't tried mushroom yet, liked the veg, didn't mind the tomato, hated the thai chicken though it tasted really strong.

I must be quite weird as I like all of the soups, bars and shakes on Exante and dont add anything to any other than a couple of sweeteners to the shakes. Maybe because I came over from LT the flavours were not quite as extensive. But I always remember the saying that cropped up a lot over there - to not think of the soups/bars or shakes as food but as "weight loss medicine" :D

Thank you for all the ideas, I shall definitely try some of them. I've been trying to have a tomato every so often, as I don't want to get to the end of the month and end up with 2-3 days where I've only got tomato soups all day!

I don't dread the tomato quite as much as I used to, but I must admit I tend to eat all of them very early in the month to get rid of them!

I add chilli powder or curry powder, but it's not just the taste, it just looks so weird when it comes out of the microwave (all sort of pink and spongy)! :)

Back