Too Many Calories On Fruit?

New

Silver Member
Hi all,

I've been using MPF for a week and got on ok last week, but my weight loss isn't going so great this week.

I have noticed that I eat over 300 calories on fruit (apple, raspberries, cherries, grapes and strawberries)

Is this too many?

I don't think this is too many at all, from experience I lose more on the weeks I load up with fruit, which exceeds 300 but everyone is different. I'm using mfp. Good luck x

Look at your overall calories would be my advice. I have lost 15lbs in 35 days with mfp. I have been eating shed loads of fruit and veg.

You get great nutrients from fruit. But personally I have a limit on the amount of fruit, and try to get a rainbow of salad or veg. And the only reason is because I hold water like no other, so I can loose more weight if I have more veg instead of fruit. But that's when I'm being strict.

You can try it for a week and see what you loose then add your fruit back in and see again what you loose.

I guess the only way you will find out is if you experiment, and see what's right for you.

Wow, that's amazing. I have been going over, but I've been honest and written it all done.

I think I'm going to try and reduce the amount of fruit I eat and try and increase my veg. I do eat veg, but it's mainly salad

Carrieblue said:
You get great nutrients from fruit. But personally I have a limit on the amount of fruit, and try to get a rainbow of salad or veg. And the only reason is because I hold water like no other, so I can loose more weight if I have more veg instead of fruit. But that's when I'm being strict.

You can try it for a week and see what you loose then add your fruit back in and see again what you loose.

I guess the only way you will find out is if you experiment, and see what's right for you.

Thanks for the advice.

I'll try that from next week. Maybe limit my fruit to just berries

Hi all,

I've been using MPF for a week and got on ok last week, but my weight loss isn't going so great this week.

I have noticed that I eat over 300 calories on fruit (apple, raspberries, cherries, grapes and strawberries)

Is this too many?

In my opinion, it depends: If you're using the fruit as a substitute to keep you from going too hungry it's alright. If it's just as an extra that you have because you fancy it, 300 might a tad too much.
Calorie-wise, I'd say that cherries and grapes are worst of the ones you chose.

Since calories in fruit are mostly from the sugar, here's a list of fruit with their relative sugar contents, maybe you can find a few substitutes. :)
Warning, it's a paleo page ;)
Fruits and Sugars in Tabular Form

In my opinion, it depends: If you're using the fruit as a substitute to keep you from going too hungry it's alright. If it's just as an extra that you have because you fancy it, 300 might a tad too much.
Calorie-wise, I'd say that cherries and grapes are worst of the ones you chose.

Since calories in fruit are mostly from the sugar, here's a list of fruit with their relative sugar contents, maybe you can find a few substitutes. :)
Warning, it's a paleo page ;)
Fruits and Sugars in Tabular Form

i agree

Back