Too much exercising?

Your friends could be right....it took me 2 stone to go down 2 dress sizes, then I started exercising more and weight loss slowed, HOWEVER I lost a further 4.5lb and dropped another dress size!

I'm thinking that eventually my body will stop gaining muscle and the scales will show a loss again

Last edited:
You're all making me feel very inadequate. I'm doing 3 x 45 mins sessions a week in the gym. I cannot for one second think of doing 20 mins, let along 45 mins on one piece of apparatus - I'd be bored long before I was knackered I reckon. Plus, how do you fit it all in with work, kids etc?!?

I'd be bored senseless too!

I used to do 6pm until approx 7.30pm as I finish work at 6pm on a Thursday and do not have a car-share to worry about that day. I used to do the odd Saturday (until it became a chore)

Any longer is just too tiresome (as in dull) for longer stints, I go rambling. I do see a lot of bored gym-goers - so much so that most of what they do is very much "half-arsed";)

Maximus said:
I'd be bored senseless too!

I used to do 6pm until approx 7.30pm as I finish work at 6pm on a Thursday and do not have a car-share to worry about that day. I used to do the odd Saturday (until it became a chore)

Any longer is just too tiresome (as in dull) for longer stints, I go rambling. I do see a lot of bored gym-goers - so much so that most of what they do is very much "half-arsed";)

Spot on Steve. I prefer to go & work hard for 45mins, then collapse! I do collapsing very well! In fact every session i try & increase my work rate in some way. I am only 2 weeks in though, so no doubt my enthusiam will wane! But, 2 weeks ago
I was doing a 10 min walk on the treadmill at 6kph and now i am running at 9kph for 4 1/2 mins of that 10. In a few more weeks it will be nearly all running i hope.

I much prefer to be outdoors too and try to do that as much as possible, but I go mainly for the weights as you can't really do that outside, unless you do what some people do here and that's weights in the park/beach :) I'm glad to be now lifting 17.5kgs free weights, but it has been 9 weeks of dedication! :)

Back