Extra Easy Too much fruit??

My old SW class had a discussion about this and for some reason I was the only one who thought cutting down on fruit to try and speed up the weight loss was nuts. The whole point of SW is that you can eat as much free food as you like and still lose. The loss has to be sustainable so if you fancy the fruit then eat it, if you end up denying yourself and then getting hungry you might (I know I would at least!) reach for something less healthy to snack on xxxx

I've never heard that eating too much fruit would be a problem, I would say that it's good to include veg every day but that's all as it gives variety.

they do say in the book that the healthy minimum is 5 fruit or veg a day but they recommend at least that and to have more!

I have so much veg its unbelievable. Getting sick of it now lol. The fruit is for my snacks throughout the day so that i dnt reach for rubbish.

i find a banana is a real hunger stomper wherever i am. i always keep one about my person somewhere. ;)

When is your next w.i ? Would love to know if the fruit is paying off?

Well i gained 1lb... Ive shown her my food diary n she said im not doing anything wrong... Eating alot of superspeed as well but its not making a blind bit of difference. Feel absolutely gutted.

Well i gained 1lb... Ive shown her my food diary n she said im not doing anything wrong... Eating alot of superspeed as well but its not making a blind bit of difference. Feel absolutely gutted.

Hey MrsFB! :wavey:

How annoying that pounds are going on instead of off! But I agree with the folk who say eating lots of fruit is fine. Just a thought - but were you dieting before you started SW? I'm losing weight on SW this time around, but in the past, when I've been VLCD-ing for a while, I found I gained for the first few weeks. Stupidly I abandoned ship and went back to VLCD-ing, but that never seems to get me very far for long - I lost then regained 3 stones last year... :rolleyes: I think if you keep going the scales will start going in the other direction. Hang in there. :hug99:

Oh, doh - just read that you're pregnant - congrats!

Definitely don't worry about it then - all the water fluctuations going on make it really hard to tell whether you're losing fat. And I reckon you will be. Loads of people seem to do really well on SW when they're pregnant.

Thanks lily. Hope your right. I just want a loss next week coz if one more person says its my hormones im gonna scream.

I did cambridge diet about a year n a half ago n lost 4 stones... But it has slowly just crept back :( i wanted to do SW as it looks really healthy but now im just getting paranoid about not losing weight n its very depressing.

Ive read on health guidelines it says that obese women should gain 11-20lbs throughout the whole pregnancy of which 3-4lbs wud be in first trimester but i still weigh 2lbs less than i did when i got pregnant... So have not gained anything....

But its still not coming off the scales. I dnt want to spend the rest of my pregnancy being upset about my weight or being afraid to eat incase i gain more

LOL, don't apologise. :)Completely get where you're coming from. But if you stick to SW principles you're not going to gain significant amounts of weight. Well, certainly not fat. I don't think any two women are the same when it comes to preggy gain. I gained around 3 stones all told by the time I had my son but I'd lost all that, plus another half stone by the time he was a year old. (Put it all back again eventually, plus a few more stones - but that's another story fueled mostly by pizza ;)).

So don't worry too much - relax! Enjoy this time - it's about the only time in a woman's life where no one expects you to lose weight, LOL. You're still around 2lbs down on where you started - that seems like pretty good going to me. I gained a stone in the first trimester alone (I threw healthy eating right out of the window :)).

Back