Total Solution Alia's Fight the Fat Journey

You are doing well Alia :)
How are you making the peach tea ? I thought flavoured teas should from the leaf, and not from fruit, so as not to knock you out of ketosis ?
Maybe thats why you feel hungry ?
I guess it just depends how sensitive you are to some items, like citric acid ect, to knock you out of ketosis :)

You are doing so well and sound so positive.. Good luck

Butting in...she's using the Exante peach water flavouring :)

Ahhhh thanks Jael :)
I always forget about the water flavours :eek:
Sorry Alia :eek: :)

You are doing well Alia :)
How are you making the peach tea ? I thought flavoured teas should from the leaf, and not from fruit, so as not to knock you out of ketosis ?
Maybe thats why you feel hungry ?
I guess it just depends how sensitive you are to some items, like citric acid ect, to knock you out of ketosis :)

I used one tea bag, exante peach flavouring and some sweetener tablets and loads of ice

You are doing so well and sound so positive.. Good luck

Thank you, it's still early days and I have a long journey ahead of my but feeling positive right now x

Soooo I did not post last night as I fell asleep really early - in fact I fell asleep before I had had my 3rd 'meal' so when I woke up a few hours later I asked my daughter to make it for me. I was dozing on and off and don't even remember her bringing it to me. I was rudely awoken though by my bed being covered in my freezing cold shake covering me and my bed lol. Note to myself do not drink and sleep :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hubby was not best impressed at having to strip the bed and change the sheets at stupid o'clock!

Last edited:
Hi alia, I read your stort about turkey. I am kind of dreading it a bit as well cos of my weight. Last time I flew I was more like 19 stone and it was fine (with an extension - I coukd almost fasten it but not quite but my hubby discretely asked for one and it was not embarrassing at all) but I'm 23 stone now :( alsk its a different airline so hope they're as nice!
I've been reading about all your kids I cant believe how well you're doing with such a large family to fend for. I am TTC at the moneny but my weight is obviously holding us back :(

Hi alia, I read your stort about turkey. I am kind of dreading it a bit as well cos of my weight. Last time I flew I was more like 19 stone and it was fine (with an extension - I coukd almost fasten it but not quite but my hubby discretely asked for one and it was not embarrassing at all) but I'm 23 stone now :( alsk its a different airline so hope they're as nice!
I've been reading about all your kids I cant believe how well you're doing with such a large family to fend for. I am TTC at the moneny but my weight is obviously holding us back :(

The last flight was horrendous but hun I'm so much heavier than you. I was 31stone 11lb when I started and am now 29st 10lb. Hopefully you will conceive when a few pounds are off and it will also be so much healthier for you and baby if you are lighter. With my last daughter we both nearly died as I had a complete placenta abruption and thank god I was already in hospital or there would have been no way we would be here. She arrived at 27 weeks but is my little fighter. I cant say it happened because of my weight as I have been large with every pregnancy and all were born by emergency C-Section (my first was on time, the two sets of twins and my 5 year old were at 32 weeks) but I am guessing it was a factor.

My very sad looking redundant coffee machine, she makes the best lattes every :cry: :cry:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 52
I could have kissed my delivery man this morning, he brought me porridge! I love that stuff and missed the last 5 days without it. Going to make sure I don't run out again.

I was really surprised when I had it though as my stomach has really shrunk and I struggled to eat it all - really I should have stopped 3 mouthfuls before the end but i was enjoying it so much. I can now go back to my normal routine of porridge, bar and shake.

Not sure if I have mentioned it but I have had 2 weight loss surgeries, the first screwed my insides up big time and the second was to try to sort out the mess that had been done first time round. It did not work for me (clearly) simply because during the time between the two surgeries (10 years) I had developed some severe food phobias that stopped me eating solid food completely so I survived on soft foods basically - ice cream, soft chocolate, rich yoghurts, deserts, cakes, puff crisps etc so when my second surgery corrected the mess my phobias were never dealt with, just the physical side of things hence why nothing changed.

I'm hoping that with this plan my stomach size will shrink back making introducing small amounts of food easier when I am ready.

Wow Alia !!
2 surgerys is a lot for anyone.
I really hope this works for you. I dont think I could ever do the surgery thing :eek:

You are proof that weight loss surgery isnt an answer. It's the most popular surgery in the US and people use it as a cure-all. My mum was looking into it last year and so I did some research and the side effects are horrible and the thought of never again being able to eat another proper meal put me off it completely.

And me Jael. I dont fancy having mini mini portions of food either :)

You are proof that weight loss surgery isnt an answer. It's the most popular surgery in the US and people use it as a cure-all. My mum was looking into it last year and so I did some research and the side effects are horrible and the thought of never again being able to eat another proper meal put me off it completely.

I've seen one good friend through her surgery and shes about 12 stone lighter and still has about 11 stone to go but it is not a miracle cure. When i had my first one it was when little research had been don and i regret it - they put a band around the top of you stomach to restrict food going in but during my repair surgery which essentially gave me a gastric bypass they found the band had slipped down to the bottom of my Stomach which totally explained why, if i ate solid food i would end up throwing up black acid type liquid for days after - the food was sitting around in my stomach and not able to pass through. This is what created my phobia of solid foods. I would not wish it on any one, i was one of those people that thought it was a miracle cure - oh to have had the benefit of hind sight :(

Oh wow! That sounds awful! And a bit like a horror movie.
My bf's mom keeps saying she wants weight loss surgery and we both keep telling her NO! I've told her to try this diet but she won't. She just doesn't like to stick to anything. I thought she would have preferred to do this than have invasive surgery, apparently she's trying a different diet at the moment though! Maybe she'll change her mind when she sees how much I lose though!

Wow I can't say weight loss surgery hasn't entered my head but they are so risky, as you prove. Glad you're ok though as I hear not everyone is as lucky!

It is good to know its possible to conceive when you're so overweight, thank you Alia, although yes you are right I'd preferably be smaller to minimise complications. We are trying just now but nothings happened yet. I have PCOS but I know I am ovulating :)

If she got the surgery she'd have to stick to a restrictive diet for the rest of her life, she's far better off doing this diet

If she got the surgery she'd have to stick to a restrictive diet for the rest of her life, she's far better off doing this diet

thatbdepends how its done hun - of course at the start there will be a lot of restriction but it does not take long to stretch the stomach to a much bigger size if you constantly over eat

Back