Total Solution meal week...why?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by pinkiepie, 7 March 2011 Social URL.

1. pinkiepie

pinkiepie Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.1lb(-0.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there, I'm just wondering why when following the TS you have to have a meal week every 4 weeks?? I have done Lipotrim in the past & stayed on it for 12 weeks without any food at all. My concern would be coming out of Ketosis & struggling to get back into the TS. Do we really have to do the food week break or can you just continue to have just the meal replacements until you've reached goal? Have anybody done the meal week & struggled to go back to the Total Solution?

Thanks in advance x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SummerRain

SummerRain Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    With what you eat on add a meal week you still stay in ketosis. I think the reason we are encouraged and Exante put it in their guidelines is to "cover" themselves for our safety. We don't have councillors or under the care of a pharmacist to make sure we are staying healthy whilst doing a Vlcd. We are on our "own" so have to take a little care. Well that's my take on it anyway ;) x

4. pinkiepie

pinkiepie Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.1lb(-0.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks summer. I think I'm just a little worried about actually eating something in a few weeks time, almost like it's cheating if you know what I mean?

5. SummerRain

SummerRain Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    It does feel weird but sometimes I think our bodies are calling out for it. Dutch and chunky madwife (I think) had great losses on AAM... As have many others, sometimes it can give your metabolism a boost to keep the big losses coming. I am adding a meal this week and from sneaking a peak at the scales I am LOVING what they are saying ;)

6. Divster

Divster Banned

Cos NICE say they have to recommend it! ;)

7. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    Hair loss and scary things start to occur if you don't increase your food intake after that amount of time, and that's more than likely why its in the NICE guidelines. For your safety! And as people have said your body will need a kick as it will get stoic on the same routine every week. xx

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I haven't done the AAM and nothing scary has happened I still have a full head of hair too :)

9. *jenjen*

*jenjen* I will do this...

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I've been wondering the same thing as well. I'm curious about those that have been on the plan for a while - have any of you found it difficult to go back to TS after AAMW?

And have any of you that have been on it for a while skipped AAMW at any point?

I've got 2 weeks until AAMW but it's already starting to make me nervous lol

10. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've done AAM loads and am still losing my hair... I think it affects everyone differently! You could try it and see how you get on. You could just have a glass of milk, to get the extra calories but without actually eating any food. See what works for you.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.