TOTM gains

Wasted Ink

Hi,

I've recently noticed that prior to TOTM and during TOTM I almost always gain weight. Last week I gained a small amount due to, I imagine, PMS. I did not eat outrageous amounts (not enough to gain weight,) and I still exercised loads. The problem with this is that it leaves me only 2 weeks out of month to lose weight! The week before my period I always gain, and then it takes me another week to get back to normal! So annoying!

This means that in total I sometimes only lose 2lb a month! :eek: Now I'm not in too much of a rush to lose my weight, but a steady 6 lb a month would be nice. About three weeks ago I got into the 14s, but now, thanks to TOTM, I'm back in the 15s.

It's so annoying! Is there any way I can reduce this water weight? I usually don't drink much water (maybe three cups a day, including tea.) If I increase my water to ten cups or so, might this help?

I think you need to be drinking a lot more fluid so your body doesn't feel like it has to hand on to every drop once a month. You've nothing to lose except weight so why not give it a try. Drinking more water will also benefit you in a lot of other ways eg better skin, feeling less tired. And as hunger pangs can actually be caused by being dehydrated it may even help with the losses.

I always 'gain' 4-5lbs around the 3rd week of my cycle no matter what I eat/drink/exercise etc. I've resigned myself to this monthly fluctuation as I don't feel theres anything I can do about it? I drink LOADS, at least 4l a day of 'pure' water or black tea, so it's not a lack of fluids- I reckon I'm just more prone to retention because of hormones? Most of it does come off again, but it's hard work...

Water really is golden, perhaps even try looking into herba tea's or hot water and a slice of lemon. Aim for a glass with every meal and that way your will have a 3rd of your daily under your belt!

Good luck.

Bren
x

Back