TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I'm off line for a while and come back to find Bassers steaming towards 200 pages. You guys and the big fish rock!

I'm phasing off - Alizonne speak for re-feeding or route to maintenance. I'll not go to the goal set on here as I think that will be too far. So we'll see where I get to.

I'm size 14/16 down from 26/28 so happy to be svelte. I'm now an expert bargain shopper. TK Maxx and charity shops much better is smart parts of town. My wardrobe is now a lovely mix of primark, labels from charity shops and TK Maxx and an M&S jacket and 3/4 length t shirts.

I'm still shedding more slowly so expect to maybe loose 4-8lbs before being signed off, with a medgem to give me my BMR and a calorie allowance.

Hope you have stayed dry during the thunderstorms,

a whisker away from an 8 stone loss...what an achievement and what an inspiration you are, well done

Thank you, sweet Conlou. It was good to see core posters still posting - good to see you have 18lbs to go. Sometimes a little slow down is what is needed. You'll be at goal by Xmas. I love seeing the percentages on people's profile. WEll done.

I just saw this on another thread re weighing: Regular weighing may help weight loss and its maintenance, but there’s a few things that need bearing in mind | Dr Briffa's Blog - A Good Look at Good Health

I'm a daily weigher - and think this is full of sense. To be a regular weigher, you need to be plegmatic!

I can see the logic completely
And I am on the fence on this one as I don't know what's better. Weighing everyday you can catch a gain but you can get obsessed and weight naturally fluctuates due to water retention etc, so you could be getting stressed and upset for nothing. But leaving it a few weeks can put you in the mindset of 'i have 3 weeks to turn it around, this cheat doesnt count' it's hard to know which is better. I guess it's on the person and what works for them. My
Friend only weighs when she can feel she's lost weight and she's lost loads, she's never seen a gsin as if she feels bigger she doesn't see the point in putting herself through that feeling of failure, but of she feels bigger she nips it in the bud and tries harder.

well i have a confession, last night i went way over my cals...like double over, cos of wine...my meals were brilliant but my mums stupid dog ate the brand new make up i ordered out of my catalogue to do clients wedding make up and when i told my sister, whos with my mum in soain, i basically got told its my fault. i was in tears over it all. my friend came with wine and i had a bottle to myself then a glass of coke, then a piece of chicken, then a reduced fat mattesons sausage...then i forced myself to go to bed before it got out of hand. i had a total of 2990, i have just totted up my total cals for the week and divided it by 7 and ive had 1700 a day, my only saving grace might be that i have done 2 lots of running, am going to do another today, and ive walked loads and on top of cleaning my own house ive done a 3 hour full house clean. i dont imagine for a second that ive lost and after last night i think ive gained. theres no excuse, ive let myself down again, the dog is going tomorrow so i can get back to normal and hopefully ill feel calmer and happier and this will have a knock on effect. going to stick to 1200 cals a day for the rest of the week so hopefully i can undo the damage

I like to weigh twice a week. Offical weigh in on Monday and then I like to see how things are going on Thursdays. I really think its a personal choice though. Everyday does make me a bit obsessive though.

Had a great day today- low carbs, a run, a walk and cleaned my flat. Weigh in tomorrow- got to face the music after my splurge on Thursday night!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

conlou1 said:
well i have a confession, last night i went way over my cals...like double over, cos of wine...my meals were brilliant but my mums stupid dog ate the brand new make up i ordered out of my catalogue to do clients wedding make up and when i told my sister, whos with my mum in soain, i basically got told its my fault. i was in tears over it all. my friend came with wine and i had a bottle to myself then a glass of coke, then a piece of chicken, then a reduced fat mattesons sausage...then i forced myself to go to bed before it got out of hand. i had a total of 2990, i have just totted up my total cals for the week and divided it by 7 and ive had 1700 a day, my only saving grace might be that i have done 2 lots of running, am going to do another today, and ive walked loads and on top of cleaning my own house ive done a 3 hour full house clean. i dont imagine for a second that ive lost and after last night i think ive gained. theres no excuse, ive let myself down again, the dog is going tomorrow so i can get back to normal and hopefully ill feel calmer and happier and this will have a knock on effect. going to stick to 1200 cals a day for the rest of the week so hopefully i can undo the damage

Oh Lou! It sounds like everything has been getting on top of you lately. Quite aside from everything else, are you okay? You haven't seemed like your usual self lately! It sounds like you have had quite a lot of stressful things going on.

That being said, you know you stress ate and you know it wasn't good. Damage limitation sounds like a good idea but I also want to say that maybe it might be good to take a break for a week. Don't go.overboard but don't stress too much about it too much- aim for 1500-1700 cals a day. Let your personal life calm down and get back on it.

Tough Love isn't about punishing yourself, it's about being honest about your progress and if you don't feel in the right frame of mind,I think it might be best for your progress to go easier on yourself for the next few days, until you feel in a more positive frame of mind.

But if you feel you can do it and losing the dog will reduce your stress, then go for it. But don't push yourself too hard!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Yeah I'm ok, I didn't think I had been different but a few people have said I have so stress must have been getting to me before I realised it. I've had the dog 2 weeks and she's been a nightmare since day 1, the kids are off school, I have 2 scans in the next 2 weeks, I'm having to go to doctors to try get a diagnosis for what I think is the same as my daughter, we're totally
Skint and I can't even afford to do a proper food shop, it's my daughters birthday, I need to by my sons uniform for going back to school and they need to have certain tops and it costs a bomb, and on top of all this I have to
Lose weight to get into
A size 10 by Christmas. It's all a bit much. From next Friday well be better financially, the dog will be gone so hopefully that will put me in a better frame of mind. I can't afford to allow myself to relax, I will just binge eat I need to get some control back and I'll probably feel better in myself atm I have no control at all in any area of my
Life. Right just off for a run I'll feel better after that hopefully :) x

Awww Lou :( just keep swimming!!

Can't figure out how the dog eating the make up is your fault but I suggest next time ur mum asks you to dog sit you politely decline looking after the little bugger!!

Keep going hun - soon you will be back in stride!

sparty said:
Awww Lou :( just keep swimming!!

Can't figure out how the dog eating the make up is your fault but I suggest next time ur mum asks you to dog sit you politely decline looking after the little bugger!!

Keep going hun - soon you will be back in stride!

Thanks Hun. It's since eaten my shoes. First thing in morning im shutting it in my
Mums and it can stay there til my
Sister gets home.

Went for a run, done a big roast dinner, and planned all my food for today. I'm slightly under 1200 cals. I've allowed myself 2 clementines for later. Today is going to be hard, but once I get through today I've cracked it. Really loving the running :)

Somehow managed to lose 0.6lbs this week! Not much, but it's in the right direction! Going it for it this week and hoping to shift a 1.5lb!

That dog sounds evil Lou- next time, just say no!

Ha I cant belive I am about to ask for this but I think I need some tough love so I am more than happy to get some harsh truths if anyone is offering! I am 22 have been trying for the last 10 years to loose weight this makes me sad knowing how long I have been unhappy. My weight is the last thing I need to get right but I have gotten it wrong for so many years I do not know where to start?! I eat in secret, make excuses to justify why it is ok to have another chocolate bar! how do you stop making excuses?? what do I need for this time to be different?

Ha I cant belive I am about to ask for this but I think I need some tough love so I am more than happy to get some harsh truths if anyone is offering! I am 22 have been trying for the last 10 years to loose weight this makes me sad knowing how long I have been unhappy. My weight is the last thing I need to get right but I have gotten it wrong for so many years I do not know where to start?! I eat in secret, make excuses to justify why it is ok to have another chocolate bar! how do you stop making excuses?? what do I need for this time to be different?

Making a lifestyle change is all in your head. Until you are ready to make those changes, nothing is going to work. I know your pain- I was 14 when I first did Weight Watchers- but it's working this time because I am facing up to a lot of things. I didn't exercise enough, I ate badly and I wasn't honest with myself. But I also wasn't in a good place.

Now, I have a good job, a nice home and less stress, I feel much happier to tackle something like this. I exercise, I eat better and I'm truthful about what I do. Tough Love isn't about never eating bad foods- it's about being honest when you do and accepting that what you see on the scale is, 99% of the time, is up to you. You're an adult and you make the choice.

One of the best things for me starting out was writing down a whole list of reasons as to why I wanted to lose weight- non-appearance based ones predominantly! It really motivated me.

Minimins has also helped me because it's helped me see beyond the 'diet'. I used to have silly little episodes where I'd eat everything is sight, but now I battle those cravings and I know they are psychological. I also think about maintaining and I see an end which I never did before. I know that losing weight is just part of my journey to better health and a healthier relationship with food.

Good luck :)

Oh Lou. First let me say that I do care and I truly sympathise, it can't be easy and it sounds like life is throwing **** at you left right and centre at the moment.

However, in Rod's absence, I have to say that it does sound to me like excuses and bluster that would be more suitable on another weakling thread! What you are saying is basically 'I went over my calories because the dog ate my makeup (not your fault btw!) and because my kids are home all day'. I have a feeling Rod would say that this is a crap reason to eat crap. Or perhaps that all you have achieved is adding feelings of guilt and loss of control to the mix by 'letting off steam' by sabotaging your eating plan'. I am sorry if it sounds harsh, but life does throw ***** at us, quite often. If eating out of control was OK every time this happened, people who have a lot more crap to deal with than you, would be considerably fatter than you. It doesn't tally that one follows the other.

It is fantastic that you are doing the running, and this will no doubt counteract some of the damage. In fact, if it is a one off in an otherwise good week, you will probably get away with it, but that is not the point. Eating because you are stressed does not make you less stressed. Next time, scream into a pillow, kick the dog (joke!) or have a good cry, but eating when you feel at breaking point is NOT OK.

I really thought long and hard about writing this, because I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but I think it would be against the spirit of TL to allow you and us to justify eating too much because you have had a horrible week. Next week it will be easier - until then, you need to give yourself a slap around the face with a wet fish and get back on the wagon, no more excuses lady!

*goes off to cry for being so mean!*

Somehow managed to lose 0.6lbs this week! Not much, but it's in the right direction! Going it for it this week and hoping to shift a 1.5lb!

That dog sounds evil Lou- next time, just say no!

Well done, phew, sounds like you got away with it! You must be doing something right. Nice one.

BonnieBooBear said:
Oh Lou. First let me say that I do care and I truly sympathise, it can't be easy and it sounds like life is throwing **** at you left right and centre at the moment.

However, in Rod's absence, I have to say that it does sound to me like excuses and bluster that would be more suitable on another weakling thread! What you are saying is basically 'I went over my calories because the dog ate my makeup (not your fault btw!) and because my kids are home all day'. I have a feeling Rod would say that this is a crap reason to eat crap. Or perhaps that all you have achieved is adding feelings of guilt and loss of control to the mix by 'letting off steam' by sabotaging your eating plan'. I am sorry if it sounds harsh, but life does throw ***** at us, quite often. If eating out of control was OK every time this happened, people who have a lot more crap to deal with than you, would be considerably fatter than you. It doesn't tally that one follows the other.

It is fantastic that you are doing the running, and this will no doubt counteract some of the damage. In fact, if it is a one off in an otherwise good week, you will probably get away with it, but that is not the point. Eating because you are stressed does not make you less stressed. Next time, scream into a pillow, kick the dog (joke!) or have a good cry, but eating when you feel at breaking point is NOT OK.

I really thought long and hard about writing this, because I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but I think it would be against the spirit of TL to allow you and us to justify eating too much because you have had a horrible week. Next week it will be easier - until then, you need to give yourself a slap around the face with a wet fish and get back on the wagon, no more excuses lady!

Hahaha that's ma girl. I know it was a stupid reason to eat which is why I confessed. My mil came with wine tonight and I was sneaky and only gave mysf 2 half glasses and gave her the rest, didn't have my oranges and tomorrow I'm going to go for a long walk to take the dog back, it's 5 miles, ill be pushing 4 stone of babies, dragging a dog and carrying her bed, food, toys etc. I'm really hammering the exercise I'm just failing on the food, but done great today, and I have to start somewhere. The runs have been helping with stress, the days I go I feel better, so I'm going to go on a night when I feel stressed. I have a cd to put onto my phone to listen to its a relaxing weight loss one. So gonna give that a go if I can figure out how to get it onto my phone.

Ps don't feel bad I totally kick your arse often enough, don't be a fadge lol

I think you're right Bonnie- but I also think it's important to be in the right frame for losing weight since half the battle is psychological. But if you're all guns blazing Lou then keep at it! ^^

It seems to me Lou has let a lot of negative get on top of her, so I was thinking, how about some positivity? We could each write down 5 things we've achieved so far on our weight-loss journeys for some added spurring on! :) That way we can focus on how far we have come rather than on how far there is to go- it's always nice to have a reminder of progress!

Here are my 5

1) Have lost over 2 stone
2) Have dropped from a size 18/20 to 16/14
3) Now exercise regularly 4 times a week
4) Feel healthier and better than I have in years
5) Feel like unhealthy food doesn't rule my life any more.

That makes me feel instantly better. We've all come a long way. We've just got to keep plodding on in the right direction! So, if you want, share 5 Things You Have Achieved!

Well done, phew, sounds like you got away with it! You must be doing something right. Nice one.

I honestly think this is a testament to how my attitude to food and weight-loss has changed. My appetite was reduced on Friday and I made healthy choices all weekend to combat that and kept up with my exercise, throwing in a couple of extra walks then. Before, I would have used one 'bad' meal as an excuse to blow out the weekend. Not any more :)

Hey, Lou. Go and read that Flylady post on facebook about looking after ourselves. Some serious self care needed for a lovely Lou who is doing lots for everyone else. Flylady makes a lot of sense.

And if you feel you have to have the blessed dog again, next time tell your Mum to bring a cage and crate the dog. They behave like naughty 3 year olds sometime - deliberately destroying stuff - or mindlessly having 'fun'.

Changing to me, I'm blogging because it's an important milestone for me today. I'm a vlcd-er with ultrasound and endermologie through the GP supervised Alizonne programme. And today....I have officially lost 8 stone since December.

I agree with Hannah: writing a full and tough list of why you want to loose weight - the painful and embarrassing reasons, and then turning them into the positives you want to get to is really helpful for the times when you feel like going off piste. I'm not a vlcd evangelist - just a serial failure at other menas so needed to radically change my patterns to get to success. And today is a big success. You too can have a big success if uyou make your reasons for doing your particular new way of eating and living more compelling than the mouthg feel of a glass of vino or some chocolate/chips/cake/icecream/large portions/kids' leftovers/beer/whatever.

It's official! 8 stone gone.

The numbers haven't meant as much to me as slipping down the clothing sizes. So I've not been one to celebrate each lb shed.

However, I must admit to a quiet satisfaction this am.

I should shift a further 2-3 stones to be 'normal' but won't do so now, as I feel great and don't want looser skin. So I'm phasing off - the Alizonne re-feed process, a route to maintenance which reintroduces new food groups over 6-8 weeks.

My BMI will fall below 30, though I am not sure if I'll get to the target of just into the 11s - which would be another 1st 5.5lbs. I do know that I'll get out of obese into just plain overweight with a BMI under 30. Accoring to Minimins, my starting BMI was 48.3, and I was over 50% body fat. Not any more!

Yea! Happy to be taking my much more shapely body on a bike over to Ma in law's to help her get up. a year ago, I wouldn't have arrived in a muck sweat. Today, I'll arrive nicely exercised and feeling good about myself.

Take care of yourselves, everyone, and make good choices consistently today.

Hey, Lou. Go and read that Flylady post on facebook about looking after ourselves. Some serious self care needed for a lovely Lou who is doing lots for everyone else. Flylady makes a lot of sense.

And if you feel you have to have the blessed dog again, next time tell your Mum to bring a cage and crate the dog. They behave like naughty 3 year olds sometime - deliberately destroying stuff - or mindlessly having 'fun'.

Changing to me, I'm blogging because it's an important milestone for me today. I'm a vlcd-er with ultrasound and endermologie through the GP supervised Alizonne programme. And today....I have officially lost 8 stone since December.

I agree with Hannah: writing a full and tough list of why you want to loose weight - the painful and embarrassing reasons, and then turning them into the positives you want to get to is really helpful for the times when you feel like going off piste. I'm not a vlcd evangelist - just a serial failure at other menas so needed to radically change my patterns to get to success. And today is a big success. You too can have a big success if uyou make your reasons for doing your particular new way of eating and living more compelling than the mouthg feel of a glass of vino or some chocolate/chips/cake/icecream/large portions/kids' leftovers/beer/whatever.

It's official! 8 stone gone.

The numbers haven't meant as much to me as slipping down the clothing sizes. So I've not been one to celebrate each lb shed.

However, I must admit to a quiet satisfaction this am.

I should shift a further 2-3 stones to be 'normal' but won't do so now, as I feel great and don't want looser skin. So I'm phasing off - the Alizonne re-feed process, a route to maintenance which reintroduces new food groups over 6-8 weeks.

My BMI will fall below 30, though I am not sure if I'll get to the target of just into the 11s - which would be another 1st 5.5lbs. I do know that I'll get out of obese into just plain overweight with a BMI under 30. Accoring to Minimins, my starting BMI was 48.3, and I was over 50% body fat. Not any more!

Yea! Happy to be taking my much more shapely body on a bike over to Ma in law's to help her get up. a year ago, I wouldn't have arrived in a muck sweat. Today, I'll arrive nicely exercised and feeling good about myself.

Take care of yourselves, everyone, and make good choices consistently today.

Wow, what an amazing story. Well done, what an inspiration! You are 60% of your former self!

Hahaha that's ma girl. I know it was a stupid reason to eat which is why I confessed. My mil came with wine tonight and I was sneaky and only gave mysf 2 half glasses and gave her the rest, didn't have my oranges and tomorrow I'm going to go for a long walk to take the dog back, it's 5 miles, ill be pushing 4 stone of babies, dragging a dog and carrying her bed, food, toys etc. I'm really hammering the exercise I'm just failing on the food, but done great today, and I have to start somewhere. The runs have been helping with stress, the days I go I feel better, so I'm going to go on a night when I feel stressed. I have a cd to put onto my phone to listen to its a relaxing weight loss one. So gonna give that a go if I can figure out how to get it onto my phone.

Ps don't feel bad I totally kick your arse often enough, don't be a fadge lol

Haha don't be a fadge! That is why I was a terrible lawyer, far too apologetic and sympathetic! Yes, too right, you do kick my ass and that's why we are here. Stop yer moaning and get on with it woman. Your monster walk should shift some calories!

Back