TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I am loving this thread. I have no idea why I'm wide awake .... but I am wide awake and laughing out loud. So refreshing - no excuses.

And I love the idea of having to lock up the thread whilst the Bass goes fishing. Thank you all, and especially Rod The B.

I love relentless positivity and the rejection of negative names and excuses. I deviated last week with some protein. So am happy to be back on track and in good company with fellow bootcampers.

now you are very welcome

get stuck in AlleyCat and yowl away the lbs!!!!

Hi Rod

Enjoy your trip. Can you not arrange a stand in for while you're away? :D Or give us a mantra to keep repeating over this weekend of temptation?

I've got a mantra for myself from the book of the same name- "Run fat #$@ch Run"!!! ":)

Hi Rod

Enjoy your trip. Can you not arrange a stand in for while you're away? :D Or give us a mantra to keep repeating over this weekend of temptation?

cheers

I am not your conscience, you have one of your own, use it wisely Grasshopper

xx

1/2 lb phone?!!! It must be a retro 1980's one. Lol. :). Good start to June though. I'm with you lets keep going. :)

right I'm defintely away now, I can smell the cornish sea air calling me and it's too much to bear any longer

keep on the path you good people, do not jam up the thread with bullsh!t and keep your positivity alive and kicking

lots of walks, swimming and activity over the weekend for everyone and don't forget the chocolate frog trick for your treat

I am departing at 16-12 and planning on coming back in no worse shape than that

Just found this thread! Jeez, there is some serious tough love going on here.
I thought I say it as I see it but . . . I can't compete with you Rod.
Enjoy Cornwall - is that inane enough for you?

Yes please!

I am a serial yo yo dieter, I am 39 years old and since I was 17 have been fat, thin and everything in between! I am currently sitting in a caravan at te seaside with my lovely family x- unhappy with being nearly 14 stone and size 16 plus. I have ordered a month supply of slim and save meal packs which will be waiting for me when I get home Wednesday afternoon. I am pledging to do it This time and would love some kick ass tough love!

Thanks debs x

Ok hit me with some tough love plz. Been doing slimming world since Jan and hit my target 3 weeks ago but having real problems maintaining. I keep having stupid binges i will never keep it off at this rate. Where has my motivation gone?

It doesn't take Rod to be here to get some tough love. We all know what we have to do and we can make as many excuses as we like for not doing it but the bottom line is it's up to us, we are responsible for what goes in our mouths and that's it. Lets get up and get on with it and stop faffing around

KB

Welcome Debbie and Lau. Rod will be pleased to meet you when he is back from his wet wet wet camping & fishing.

I love that optimistic cartoon, GettingFit - thank you.

Debbie:

You'll do great.

Just one thing: it's never done - this can be the last time you shift it, and it'll come off fast. However it will require on-going attention to maintain.

Lau:

Girl - you have done great! Well done. Have you congratulated yourself enough?

Rod does the tough love so I'll do some practical love whilst he's away.

Now it's time to get a grip and polish up your planning skills.

Get rid of anything in your house you might binge on. Serve sweet potatoes not white potaoes if you binge on potatoes. Don't go into shops where you can buy bingeable stuff. Order your groceries on line. I don't buy a newspaper at the station anymore as there are too many sweets and chocolates by the counter. Get onto My Fitness Pal and start tracking what you eat. Post it on Minimins. Nothing secret to pass your lips. Ask others for help - your eating patterns may be triggering binges. I know mine would be when I'd skipped a meal. Some who have successfully quit bingeing may also be able to advise on your specific binge items of choice.

Then start planning your food. No skipping meals and make sure you are having enough protein and keeping carbs a bit low. Stop any sweet drinks, juice etc.

If binges happen post alcohol, then stop drinking. Be the deignated driver or whatever helps you stay sober. Shedding the weight was just the first bit. So now apply yourself just as diligently to establishing a steady way of eating that will keep you happy and healthy.

Btw, have you thought about Slimpod? It might support you with a positive focus -especially those daily positives.

i also have a FlyLady style mission for you. If you are off work today, Monday and Tuesday - look up Flylady pampering on google - and take some care of yourself. Have a lovely bath with smellies and apply cream, or do a pedicure. And if your bedroom isn't lovely and fit for a girl at goal, do 15 mins a day putting away stuff in your bedroom and changing the sheets. I love the concept of having a bedroom that's like a lovely B&B or hotel room. You deserve it.

Now tell us, Lovely Lau, what are you going to do today to help yourself? Rod will want to know!

arghhh ive not been on for a week, not good i work best when i log in red posts and keep my sw diary online. lost a pound though despite miscalculating food most of the week! need a kick up the bum though. my other half is super lazy but self conscious of his weight, he spends all his time either at work and spare time playing on computer games! i decided he needed a kick up the bum cause i know how bad he feels so i appealed to his competetive side! my birthday is in october and whoever loses the most by my birthday gets the £500 sat in our bank account.... im gonna be here a lot! lol xxxx

Thank you so much for that reply. Have been working 2day but i am now going 2 go a have a bit of a pamper session. A nice hot soak while hubby to be puts little one 2 bed then nails and face mask cream etc cant remember the last time i spent any time on myself. The plan for 2moro is going shopping for some new clothes in the right size fed up of wearing big and baggy clothes that Dont show off my hard work.

Just read the first post.... Pahahahaha I love it!! Will definately be here when I need a boot up my backside!

Hello !!! I'm in the tough love zone at the moment, as in the past I WAS the Jekyll and Hyde of the Yoyo dieting World !!! And the only way I'm leaving the tough love zone is if they carry me out in a body bag !!!

I got myself into this mess, and hell, I don't need no rocket scientist to tell me how to get out of it..... I just need to do it AND KEEP ON DOING IT !!!!

Don't talk the talk if you cant walk the walk .......

Lurve this thread ......

Diva x

Def need this great thread! Lost 17lbs between Oct and Dec last year and have put it all back on...if not more. No more procrastinating, back to WW in the morning, trainers on, swimming costume ready and back in the zone.

Yay girls we can do this - can't wait to 'meet' rod how will he cope keeping up with all this tough love we need! Lol

Hey Emma how did your weigh in go...I have some technical difficulties my boyfriend has banned me from weighing and measuring myself for 3 weeks so I can't race you cause I don't know what weight I am, but seeing as my trousers are falling off I'm guessing I've lost something!!!!

I really need sum tough love ive been messing about for last few weeks yo yoing around 12st 9lbs and its totally doin my head in!!!! Please giv me a well deserved kick up the butt!!!

Hahaha no I can't - he's doing it for my own good so I'll stick with the program. Should have a nice number to look at in 3 weeks time though!! FINGERS CROSSED

Can't you sneak off to Boots and weigh.

Maybe I should have gone fishing instead of partying all weekend!!!! :) I expect to gain, but I is my own fault so time to buck up and get on!

Back