TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

"Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up and knows that it must
run faster than the fastest Lion that day, or it will be killed and eaten.
Every morning in Africa, a Lion wakes up and knows that it must run
faster than the slowest Gazelle that day, or it will starve to death. It
doesn't matter if you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up,
you'd better be running."

lion.jpg

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles"

now this is a cat!

Rod, you're looking good in your pic. Can you update your statistics? I'm sure they'll be an inspiration to us all.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are

Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.

We only hear what we want to hear...
We only see what we want to see...

Until reality hits...

Most people are stronger than they know. They just forget to believe in it sometimes

To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."

Hear me
And if I close my mind in fear
Please pry it open

See me
And if my face becomes sincere
Beware

Hold me
And if I start to come undone
Stitch me together

See me
And if you see me strut.
Remind me of what left this outlaw torn.

it's absolutely not OK to have too many calories and lie on the sofa all day

you are in the "near the goal wobble" place - same place as Emma P

psychologically it's impossible for you not to feel great and satisfied with what you have achieved. You are almost there. People are complimenting your look and your effort. And it's a race almost won. I'm struggling as well and I have over 30lbs to go!

Honesty and determination are the key ingredients. I am pleased to see you went for a walk, got lost and came home knackered and, later, feeling great. Too many excuses and it's down the pan sister, the whole lot.

You need to hold onto that experience and learn from it, it's one that has stuck in your mind for two reasons

1) you were uncomfortable for a while - thats new and refreshing for your body and entirely good for you
2) you felt great after - unlike when you cracked and guzzled junk. Make that feeling stick in your mind

check out my long recent post in response to AliGal.

you need to keep exercising and reward OR punish yourself with more exercise, you are young, strong and fit and entirely capable of handling a little more. These small increments WILL make a difference and catalyse your fat-burning. The sofa will not help

We will help, but only you have control of your hands and what you stuff into your mouth.

I don't particularly care for your husbands abuse, I suggest you leave the room in a serious huff next time he does that, he'll soon get the message, us men hate being in the cack for doing or saying the wrong thing. It's not funny and tell him you can't hear anyone laughing....a bruised male ego when jokes fall flat is a wonderful tool for you ladies....

you had great advice about walking in the rain from Sal, the kids will actually enjoy it and so will you I promise - wellies n coats and get out there........

your resolve will waver from time to time, mine does, but check out this whole thread, how many people have benefitted from just buckling down and doing it themselves without people telling them it's ok to cheat?

ITS NOT OK TO CHEAT. here's the tough love.....

I don't care what your mum and dad told you, you are not special. No-one thats ever walked the planet has a unique "I can cheat nature" gene. Unless you tell me different and can prove it, i know I'm right. Sorry to pee in your breakfast, but you are just like the rest of us. And if you are sedentary and indisciplined your scales will go up, not down. I fear for you in the tortoise thread, i have no idea what it is like, but it sounds like bullsh!t central from the comments I've seen here.

You don't belong there any more.

you belong in the jungle running wild, fit, healthy and free from the blubber that makes you unhappy. I assume my licence to kick your ass will still be valid next week if you post any more of your cheating, loose nonsense

Ideally you will prove me wholly wrong and buckle down sister. Whichever way you go, the rest of us will roll forward and downward, with or without you.

We'd love you along, but ultimately we all walk the path and face the man alone....

thanks for the arse kicking it was recieved gratefully and i kinda enjoyed it ;) im coming downwards with you, no questions asked, i am not EVER EVER going back there again, this is the 3rd time i have had more than 4 stone to lose, ok it was due to pregnancy but STILL i didnt have to have 3 meals, a million snacks and a takeaway each day!!! now that im so close i can almost taste it...and its making me want it more...my ultimate goal being a size 10, i have been told by well meaning and some not well meaning friends that this is too thin for me.....i was ALWAYS a size 8 until i had my first child, it is not too thin for me at all, it is where i want to be and im sick of people dragging me down telling me i cant do it, i know i can and i need to be tough with myself to get there and stay there. i need to think like a thin person, not feel sorry for myself because i cant have a take away, i mean how stupid....feeling sorry for myself cos i cant eat something that is quite frankly going to make me fat!!! my size 8 friend said to me a while ago that she does eat things she likes, but very occasionally and when she does she automatically cuts back for a few days after, she doesnt think about it too much she just knows its what she has to do to maintain her weight and size and shes fine with it. so i guess what i have to decide is do i want to eat rubbish or do i want to be thin, if i want to be thin then i need to think thin and not hard done by. i mean at the end of the day its up to ourselves completely. a few things ive learned this last month (i shed almost half a stone this month after 6 months of losing and gaining the same 2 or 3 pound):
hunger is NOT an emergency, its uncomfortable but you wont die and nothing bad will happen to you if you wait until your next meal
real hunger passes and if you distract yourself it goes away, it doesnt come on suddenly
cravings come on suddenly and peak but if you take that choic away.....'no i absolutely am not eating that' it passes
in order to lose weight i NEED to exercise as well as eat right
and lastly- i CAN do this, i WILL do this and i need to keep remembering why i wanted to do this in the first place.

i weighed in today as i missed my official weigh in on friday (i was weighing in at boots but i have finally got my new s****y body analysis scales) due to the fact my mid week weigh in showed a sts and i was working and basically used this as an excuse not to go. anyway, ive sts which is brilliant as i was so bad over the weekend. i WILL NOT be the same weight by the end of this week, i will be less. i am now weighing in from home and my scales say im 11.1 and 3/4 lol, im sorry but i need to weigh in more than once a week, its too long and i start getting panicky, i need to keep a check im going the right way...this is how i stayed a size 10 years ago, i would weigh in 3 times a week just to make sure i hadnt gained and if i had i could nip it in the bud, i know people say wait a week but i cant. anyway thanks for having me on your team omwards and downwards as they say :)

Back