TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

well that was a good round-up you girls!

well done, all walking the line

I've just had a stir-fry and feeling very virtuous

the glasses will be good Kneehigh, they will make me think you are too intelligent to fall in the trifle again :D

Lisajade - well done for sticking at it, meat is the king of the proteins, find one you like the most and keep at it. Do you like fish??? loadsa nice one's fresh mackeral being my top - cheap as chips too

Emma, you will soon be up the aisle looking THAT GOOD sister - keep the cake at arms length or it'll be a bingo-wing wedding!!

Lou - well done for popping back, hope it's been a lovely, fuzzy day in tortoise-ville. Bet they don't kick ass like us jungle cats either!!

sorry if I've forgotten anyone, if I have offended you, I really don't give a hoot (MUST NOT SWEAR) cos I'm off to watch Portugal v Spain at the pub with 15 pints and a huge pie......

ha gotcha again....don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been really busy, I'm amazed how well this thread has taken off :)

I'm not.

Form comes and goes but class is forever.

and you were the first disciple I believe???? seems so long ago now, I was very angry back then

I'm even bluddier angry now!!!!!!!!! lol

Well Rod, you are looking "bluddy angry" but also "bluddy slimmer" in this new profile picture :D

Yes, I was the first disciple, and I really do think in a different way now. I am embarrassed to think of all the lies and excuses I have made over the years. You either do it, or you don't, right? The rest is irrelevant.

Good luck with the fishing contests, I really used to enjoy it when I was younger, but I don't drive so getting kit around would be a pain. I used to go fishing with my grandfather (RIP). I wasn't very good, but it is a nice way to spend time.

the glasses will be good Kneehigh, they will make me think you are too intelligent to fall in the trifle again :D

Lisajade - well done for sticking at it, meat is the king of the proteins, find one you like the most and keep at it. Do you like fish??? loadsa nice one's fresh mackeral being my top - cheap as chips too

Emma, you will soon be up the aisle looking THAT GOOD sister - keep the cake at arms length or it'll be a bingo-wing wedding!!

Lou - well done for popping back, hope it's been a lovely, fuzzy day in tortoise-ville. Bet they don't kick ass like us jungle cats either!!

sorry if I've forgotten anyone, if I have offended you, I really don't give a hoot (MUST NOT SWEAR) cos I'm off to watch Portugal v Spain at the pub with 15 pints and a huge pie......

i havent spent my day in tortoiseville ACTUALLY, as that would mean i was sat on my arse doing nothing, instead i have walked several miles and still only had just over 1200 cals. so stick that in your pint and pie and eat it :D

conlou1 said:
i havent spent my day in tortoiseville ACTUALLY, as that would mean i was sat on my arse doing nothing, instead i have walked several miles and still only had just over 1200 cals. so stick that in your pint and pie and eat it :D

HA!! Love it conlou :)

nice! I love it! :D

heehee

Ah I didn't recognise him without his big barnet. Oops, my bad :) Good thing I didn't start chatting you up haha :)

mackerel is a fave of mine i make a really healthy smoked mackerel pate

1 pack of smoked mackerel (asdas is 1 syn for 240g)
1 tbsp extra hot horseradish (1 syn)
3 good blobs of fat free fromage frais
the juice of a lemon
a good grind of black pepper
blitz it all up
then chop in 3 spring onions and give one last quick blitz

it tastes sooooooo naughty but is v healthy great on crackerbreads or ryvita or just dolloped on a salad

(oh and asdas smoked mackerel is the lowest syn at 1 syn for 240g) all others are 4-5 syns for some reason

oh and 240g of mackerel makes id say 4 starter sized portions

mackerel is a fave of mine i make a really healthy smoked mackerel pate

1 pack of smoked mackerel (asdas is 1 syn for 240g)
1 tbsp extra hot horseradish (1 syn)
3 good blobs of fat free fromage frais
the juice of a lemon
a good grind of black pepper
blitz it all up
then chop in 3 spring onions and give one last quick blitz

it tastes sooooooo naughty but is v healthy great on crackerbreads or ryvita or just dolloped on a salad

(oh and asdas smoked mackerel is the lowest syn at 1 syn for 240g) all others are 4-5 syns for some reason

oh and 240g of mackerel makes id say 4 starter sized portions

i love mackerely pate too....i make mine with quark, lemon juice and vinegar, if im feeling more naughtry ill use light philly ;) not tried horseradish in it though thanks for the tip im gonna make some for the weekend.

i love mackerely pate too....i make mine with quark, lemon juice and vinegar, if im feeling more naughtry ill use light philly ;) not tried horseradish in it though thanks for the tip im gonna make some for the weekend.

yep you soooo have to try horseradish its awesome

Signing off for a few days as I head darn sarrff to Nottingham. I can smell the shops already! :D Hope the Bassers keep on the straight and narrow or else Rod might pop a blood vessel! xx

recipes

I like recipes

horseradish and mack is a total classic

cuts through the oily fish and KAPOW!

thanks for posting YOYO

but I'm gonna call you NO-NO

NO NO MORE MORE YO YO

I gotta hit 16-7 this week :eek:

need to be 15-7 on 16th Aug :cry:

2 weeks in Zante booked today :D need to be fishing fit in 40deg heat, lol!!!

Iv'e just checked SW Online - it's telling me smoked mackerel is 2 syns per 100g!!!! Doesn't mention Asda's separately as far as I can see.
Help !!!!!! Has this come from your C?

Pommette said:
Iv'e just checked SW Online - it's telling me smoked mackerel is 2 syns per 100g!!!! Doesn't mention Asda's separately as far as I can see.
Help !!!!!! Has this come from your C?

Can you not check the nutritional values of both? You should be able to
Online. If the asda one is lower in cals and fat then it will be lower suns if not it will be the same. Or just put the values onto the syn calculator? C

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

. . . wots a syn??
Don't think anyone's answered you on this!!

Need to swot up on the Lingo Rod!

So that you know what we SWers are going on about (SW = Slimming World of course).
In very simple terms there is superfree food, free food, and food that is restricted.
And then there are SYNS = this stands for synergy. Totally cr*p name imho but this is where you can have your treats.
Everything has a syn value - be it food, drink, snacks etc etc. And you can have between 5-15 syns a day.
So for example a small (125ml) glass of wine = 4½ syns
(this is how I consume my syns hence I'm known as the vino queen to my friends on here ):8855:
A curly wurly = 6 syns I think (everyone but me loves these as it is a low syns way of getting a chocky and caramel fix)
This is how people have cake or crisps - as they just syn it!

All very similar to Weight Watchers Pro Points (WW PP)

SIMPLES.

Can you not check the nutritional values of both? You should be able to
Online. If the asda one is lower in cals and fat then it will be lower suns if not it will be the same. Or just put the values onto the syn calculator? C
Lou - the syn calculator will not work on my PC for some reason - I have is so locked down for security that something stops it working at the mo.
So I've looked on Asda and Tesco website
Asda's are 293 kcals per 100g - and 23.6 g fat
Tescos are 310 kcals per 100g - and 24.9 g fat.
There is obviously free food in them when they get calculated so I would therefore assume that they are exactly the same syn value being so similar in kcals and fat!

Back