TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

lisajade said:
Thanks, it wasn't broken and i tried to fix it and messed up. That really helps alot, thanks Lou :) It is only a very minor setback and its starting to feel better. I just feel a bit embarrassed more than anything :eek:

Ah screw it, it's one week and just one pound. Punishing yourself does nothing but make you miserable. A pound is just a good poo as my hubby says lol. Don't sweat it just learn from it and it'll be right. I have been hungry today so came to bed out the way after staring a kit Kay chunky out in the fridge. I don't even like chocolate lol. I won though haha woo. So tomorrow old plan new start???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah screw it, it's one week and just one pound. Punishing yourself does nothing but make you miserable. A pound is just a good poo as my hubby says lol. Don't sweat it just learn from it and it'll be right. I have been hungry today so came to bed out the way after staring a kit Kay chunky out in the fridge. I don't even like chocolate lol. I won though haha woo. So tomorrow old plan new start???

That is my plan exactly. I have all my food diaries from when I was dropping 2.5 regularly, might just copy one of those for the week :) I don't think I could have said no to a kit kat chunky tonight if i had one in my fridge, good going Lou!

I'd bloody love to do 14lbs in 7 weeks but I am not sure I will make it. I have done 14 in the last 6 weeks though, and for 1 I neevr had WI as I was away and the other I STS so I could do it. Not as experienced as some of the other Bassers though so don't want to over commit!

Eeek tough lovers help me out here!

I need a good preventative butt-kicking ahead of the weekend. It has the makings of a diet disaster- I have a massive family bbq to contend with on Saturday. Great you might think - meat and salad, but my mother lays out the biggest ever spread - creamy potato salad, creamy pasta salad, couscous salad, olives and crisps out all day to nibble on and millions of puddings, not to mention the temptation to get plastered to deal with all of my realtives.

Have already decided I am driving, so that is the alcohol syns dealt with. But I know from last year that just having the odd crisp or peanut here intermittantly all day mounts up and is really demoralising. I think I will have to adopt an 'all or nothing' approach and have just the one plateful of food and diet coke for the rest of the day. Might bring a fruit salad as my contribution and munch that for dessert. But it is so hard to stay sober when everyone around you is having a great time from about 1pm right through the night - and it is people I hardly ever see as well, so would have been nice to have a good knees up. Oh well :-(

You could look at it 2 ways.
One, you go for it. Eat all you want and just deal with it after. If you're not drinking, you'll be much more "food aware" so it may not be as bad as you think. Two, you can nibble on a lettuce leaf and be miserable.
Can't you ask your Mum to lay off the heavy sauces and suggest that it would be better for everyone if it was less creamy? Or, even better, can you offer to help and add the lighter touch yourself?
If it's a one-off, I'd just enjoy it. If it's the first of one a week-end, then run away VERY FAST!

BonnieBooBear said:

I need a good preventative butt-kicking ahead of the weekend. It has the makings of a diet disaster- I have a massive family bbq to contend with on Saturday. Great you might think - meat and salad, but my mother lays out the biggest ever spread - creamy potato salad, creamy pasta salad, couscous salad, olives and crisps out all day to nibble on and millions of puddings, not to mention the temptation to get plastered to deal with all of my realtives.

Have already decided I am driving, so that is the alcohol syns dealt with. But I know from last year that just having the odd crisp or peanut here intermittantly all day mounts up and is really demoralising. I think I will have to adopt an 'all or nothing' approach and have just the one plateful of food and diet coke for the rest of the day. Might bring a fruit salad as my contribution and munch that for dessert. But it is so hard to stay sober when everyone around you is having a great time from about 1pm right through the night - and it is people I hardly ever see as well, so would have been nice to have a good knees up. Oh well :-(

Losing weight doesn't mean not being able to indulge OCCASIONALLY. Eat very little before it, stick to water or diet drinks and just allow yourself 1 normal sized plate of what you want and a very small portion of pudding. Then stop. Don't keep picking, you will lose control and then it will spiral out of control. You don't need to gorge yourself on food til you burst in order to enjoy yourself. Concentrate on the other fun things going on, engage in conversation and sit with your back to the food if you have to. You could go and think screw it I'll eat what I want but then you'll gain weight and feel bad and it will probably knock you off plan for days. Is it worth it? Imagine how you'll feel after if you've exercised control then imagine how you'll feel if you just let go and eat what you want. Is that few minutes of pleasure worth a week of feeling rubbish and seeing a gain on the scales?? IT'S ONLY FOOD.

14lb...Phew, that's a tough target, but count me in! Have been under the weather this wk, damn ulcer playing up, makes me very lethargic and light headed. No excuses though...back in the trainers this week.

Consider the preventative measure applied ....firmly! I totally disagree with Patchninja. Conlou is right.

You've already got a grip - by deciding to drive. Good decision.

Now start making some other good decsions. As you say - you are going to do - so do it, Bonnie. Have a great time sober and eating lovely low carb veggies and lean meat without sauces/mayo etc.

So good decisions like just cos your mum puts food out or prepares lovely high fat dishes, you can choose to enjoy the green stuff and lean meat. Or take a small portion of one of the higher fat dishes, some lean protein and no second helpings. Eat more protein every 3-4 hours. Don't get phsysically very hungry so you can make good decisions about what clean good food you will consume. That's what thin people do. So act like one.

Like you don't have to be drunk to dance - if necessary, pretend you are! Get moving and have some fun. Dance like you were at the cocktails. Everyone else will have been drinking so why not boogie with the best of them? And you will be so superior the next day when you have no alcohol or food hangover unlike others.....

It takes repeated good decisions to enjoy a wonderful party as we have been used to indulging and eating lots of nuts/crisps/snacks plus huge platefuls. And you need to be alert as it's habit to eat snacks even when not hungry.

So find ways to remember you are choosing to be healthy and happy and have fun and enjoy it. If your family are pushy, sort out a few things to say - like Thank you, I don't fancy any nuts/icecream/potato salad/beer/wine/whatever (Delete as applicable!) or I think I'll have some chicken in a minute or whatever will help you dodge them.

Take some crudites too if you think you'll need to have a snack - lots of celery, cucumber and fennel (lower carb than lots of carrot) and make one of those quark or 0% greek yogurt dip or a tomatoey dip, as well as the fruit salad.

Have fun!

Great great thread. Scary but great. I'm on for 14lbs but mine stretches to the end of August... My birthday and my oh's 50th. I'm a slimpodder, but having banished most of my food demons in the past 6 months and maintained, I'm now ready for the next phase.
I'm very good at 'hearing' those placating words when I haven't stuck to what I said.... Am very good at the defensive stance, but after spending the past hour reading this thread I can see that I need tough talk.... Sometimes its the only way!!

Weighed in this morning, lost 3/4lb. Really really disappointed as last week I gained 1.5lb on holiday and was so determined I was going to lose it all this week. I know a loss is a loss, blah blah blah... Just been so good this week, stuck within syns every day, ate my 1/3 super free (fruit/veg) with every meal, done a volunteer shift where I didn't stop for about 4 hours, been on my feet a lot more at work in the dispensary rather than the office, and spent all of last night really intensively cleaning ready for a party today.

So here's the rub. I've only had a small loss, I'm feeling down, my husband is ****ing me right off, and we are hosting a surprise 30th birthday BBQ today for a mate. The food was not within my control, as his wife paid for it and has a very tight budget, so there is lots of cheap burgers, sausages, crisps, nuggets, booze etc.

However because we are hosting it (as our flat is bigger and we have a garden) I can dig out some quorn/Linda McCartney stuff from the freezer, make some pasta and rice salad etc and mitigate the damage.

I'm just NOT feeling it. I'm tired, I've been cleaning and sorting since 6:30 this morning, and I'm feeling like its all pointless and I should chuck it in and spend my afternoon wallowing in pimms, nuggets and sour cream dip.

Please someone tell me what an idiotic and piggy idea that is! I need TOUGH LOVE!

You lost this week. Awesome. You didn't lose as much as you want? Why? Did you do enough exercise? Do you think there is anything about your eating that could have been improved? If you feel confident that you did everything you can then, let it go. If anything, it's a reason to work harder to ignore all the bad stuff at the barbeque rather than an excuse to eat what you like. Think how proud you'll feel to make it though and start this week as you mean to go on.

Stop beating yourself up because you didn't lose all that you wanted. It could be any reason. Water retention, building muscle, being bloated, or anything! Weight is weird and it doesn't always work like we want it to. Keep focused and keep working at it. It's easy to lose motivation but think about how good you'll feel when you hit your targets- even if you don't hit them as quickly as you'd like, it it still important to keep on working towards them! Now, sort out the healthy options for the afternoon and go out there and face the new week with some positivity and determination!

Look at your own Avatar! It says everything you need to do!

jezzi999 said:
Weighed in this morning, lost 3/4lb. Really really disappointed as last week I gained 1.5lb on holiday and was so determined I was going to lose it all this week. I know a loss is a loss, blah blah blah... Just been so good this week, stuck within syns every day, ate my 1/3 super free (fruit/veg) with every meal, done a volunteer shift where I didn't stop for about 4 hours, been on my feet a lot more at work in the dispensary rather than the office, and spent all of last night really intensively cleaning ready for a party today.

So here's the rub. I've only had a small loss, I'm feeling down, my husband is ****ing me right off, and we are hosting a surprise 30th birthday BBQ today for a mate. The food was not within my control, as his wife paid for it and has a very tight budget, so there is lots of cheap burgers, sausages, crisps, nuggets, booze etc.

However because we are hosting it (as our flat is bigger and we have a garden) I can dig out some quorn/Linda McCartney stuff from the freezer, make some pasta and rice salad etc and mitigate the damage.

I'm just NOT feeling it. I'm tired, I've been cleaning and sorting since 6:30 this morning, and I'm feeling like its all pointless and I should chuck it in and spend my afternoon wallowing in pimms, nuggets and sour cream dip.

Please someone tell me what an idiotic and piggy idea that is! I need TOUGH LOVE!

Eating crap will make you feel
Worse and then you'll spend all week worrying and wishing you had just behaved. Prepare your food. Keep it seperate. Don't make the other food an option, it's not like you can't eat anything, and that wanting crap
Food is in your head your body doesn't need that food and punishing yourself by eating it cos the result wasn't what you wanted makes no sense at all. The mind set of oh we'll being good didn't get me what I wanted so I may aswell eat what I like makes no sense at all, you lost almost a pound if you hadn't stuck to plan you would have gained. It's a good result, it's a loss. Just get it out your head about eating rubbish, you can't have it simple as. Now quit feeling sorry for yourself and enjoy your party :D

:( I have synned.

I am very upset with myself. I had a girls night in last night and made some SW treats for myself that we're all syn free - carrot stick, dips, crisps, garlic bread - and STILL had too much wine and ate a few bits I shouldn't have. I.e maltesers and ice cream!! :( I can't believe I went to all that trouble and still was bad!

I know we aren't supposed to use womanly excuses in here but it's the only thing I can think of that made me have such an epic fail!! Grrrrr! I'm booking myself on some boot camp exercise classes to try and shift some lbs and give me a result to be proud of!!

Someone kick my arse into touch! I need to get motivated.

Well done Jezzi. We all knew you could do it!
:winner:

jezzi999 said:
Managed to stick to quorn burgers and grills, and low fat sausages, lots of green salad, tomato pasta salad and Mexican rice salad.

No burgers, no chicken (as it had skin on and it's beyond my willpower to remove), no dips, no crisps, no brownies, no birthday cake.

Only treats were 3 glasses of pimms and diet lemonade and 1 chicken nugget. Should

Well done :) do you feel pleased with yourself cos you should :D

jezzi999 said:
(And the reason that I love this thread is that pretty much every other thread on here I would have posted the message and got loads of replies telling me just enjoy yourself, it's only one day, start again tomorrow, it won't do that much damage. And that's BS and we know it. Thanks guys for helping me to do the right thing :) )

That would have been my old reply if I'm honest until this last 6 weeks I got tough with mysf and it worked. Then I found this thread!!! I'm struggling tonight if I'm honest I'm downing the juice and determined not to give in but I'm finding it hard.

gettingfit said:
Just think how good you will feel tomorrow knowing you didn't give in tonight.Go and find something to do or go to bed and read.Take your mind off any naughties you might be thinking of having.It won't be worth it and one slip can lead to another.

Yep your right. I actually had a glass less of wine than I budgeted for so pleased with that :)

Awesome Jezzi! Fantastic! :D

Back