TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Sirius and I are still on patrol, and it all looks to be sensible talk about suitable food for a picnic, so it's OK so far.

Not sure but i think this is why im havin such a problem setting a target!

the thing is it doesnt matter that sw say you cant move your target by less than 7 pounds...of course you can!! its your bloody body, your not beholden to them and youve lost a fantastic amount of weight and i doubt very much that your going to suddenly put it all back on because you dont follow their rules. set your target at what you WANT to be, even if you feel its not achievable...believe me it is. you CAN do this, just believe in yourself a little bit more, truth be told your doing it alone...that hour you spend in group isnt giving you the motivation to lose, your doing it yourself, yes its taught you the basic tools, but it isnt there for you 24 hours a day telling you yes or no to certain foods your doing that yourself...you can do this yourself, you dont need a set of rules that someone else puts upon you to get you to where you want to be...youve lost weight YOUVE done it, the reason they are saying you have to reset it by 7 pounds is because people were abusing it and its a business at the end of the day, they want to keep you there as long as possible so they keep getting their 5 pound a week from you. do what YOU want to do its your body and its your life, your in control more than you think

conlou1 said:
the thing is it doesnt matter that sw say you cant move your target by less than 7 pounds...of course you can!! its your bloody body, your not beholden to them and youve lost a fantastic amount of weight and i doubt very much that your going to suddenly put it all back on because you dont follow their rules. set your target at what you WANT to be, even if you feel its not achievable...believe me it is. you CAN do this, just believe in yourself a little bit more, truth be told your doing it alone...that hour you spend in group isnt giving you the motivation to lose, your doing it yourself, yes its taught you the basic tools, but it isnt there for you 24 hours a day telling you yes or no to certain foods your doing that yourself...you can do this yourself, you dont need a set of rules that someone else puts upon you to get you to where you want to be...youve lost weight YOUVE done it, the reason they are saying you have to reset it by 7 pounds is because people were abusing it and its a business at the end of the day, they want to keep you there as long as possible so they keep getting their 5 pound a week from you. do what YOU want to do its your body and its your life, your in control more than you think

This is so true. I'm doing it alone Emma - is that an option for you? Could you go it alone with the support of minimins for a while to see how it goes? Then you can gradually move your target if you want to.

Not sure what the rules are if you want to rejoin in future?!

U cant do that with sw now u hav to reset ur target by 7 lbs :(

With SW once you've reached a target that is within the healthy BMI range you are allowed to "fine tune" your target, i.e. change it by less than 7lb. I am considering this and will most probably revise it down by 3 or 4 lb. I am just seeing where it goes and what it does for a few weeks. I am still getting back into exercising after getting my arm out of plaster so I'm expecting more weight to drop off. I will see what effect today's lunch had on me but I won't be repeating that in a hurry or very often - I still feel quite blah . . .

However, I did put my waterproof trousers, wellies and coat on and take the dogs for a walk just now and the sky is finally clearing, so I may go for that run after all :)

I dont think i cud do it at the moment on my own i need the thought ov gettin on them scales with ppl watchin to keep pushing me. Maybe in a couple ov months i cud do it alone and maybe buy myself sum fancy scales then i wud b able to weigh in at the same time every week, thats anova thing wats putting me off going to group coz i work shifts one week i wi the morning and the week after at night and more often than not i gain at night n then it upsets me :(
Plus these £5 a week soon mounts up :(

if going to group helps you then thats great, but if its holding you back and your getting hung up on the scales, darent set your target etc etc then it isnt really helping much, it sounds to me like your very much doubting what your actually capable of. if youve lost weight youve lost weight, you may have a temporary gain one week as your weighing after a days worth of food but then the next week when you weigh in in the morning surely you have a phenominal loss as it works the opposite way around. dont use these things as excuses to hold you back and give up, what weight do you REALLY want to be?

Yeah i hav a great loss the week after and that makes me happy lol
I really hav no idea wat to set my target at because wen i was slim i neva weighed myself so hav no idea wat wud suit me :( i really love group my c is brilliant and so helpful and she thinks that i shud work out my weightloss over 4 weeks and then it will giv me a true loss.
To hav normal bmi i need to b 11.4 so ive put 11 stone on here just to push it a little :)

Hey Emma, that's about how I worked mine out. At first I was aiming for 11 stone because that was a healthy BMI, then I realised I could easily lose more so set my target for 10.5 stone. I hit that and kept losing, so lowered it to 10 stone. Now I'm there (although a little under) I feel great and don't think I need to lose anymore, but my body seems to be telling me differently. It's good to set a target and a date - it puts you in control, and you can always revise it, and "fine tune" once you're in the healthy BMI range and happy with how you look and feel.

I love going to group too and have two great consultants (my original consultant changed locations from near my work to near my home, so I go to both groups now that I'm at target depending on what suits me each week). I have made loads of new friends, including a running partner and a walking partner.

Alot ov my friends from work were amazed at my loss n joined my group now they love it too :) i wud really love to get to target at group i love certificates lol ive made a book with my photos and inches and certificates in :)

Snap!

We'd better stop this chit chat or we'll be in trouble!!

Ditched my snack for wine and was still in my days allowance. Feel drunk though. My alcohol tolerance is poor!!! I may have head ache tomorrow and be extra mean BEWARE

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha! Oh dear!

Just did my C25K for today. :D And reading all this has made me feel tough enough for a night out with friends. I'm not planning on drinking- but I AM planning on dancing and burning some calories with some sweet moves on the dancefloor.* Plus, I have to be good or Lou will shout at me tomorrow :D

*My moves are not really sweet. But hey, I try ;)

Hi all, sorry I have been quiet since my weigh-in traumas. I have really been soul-searching, checking over everything I did... the only thing I can pinpoint to my poor results is that my monthlies are now almost dailies (sorry gents). I have a contraceptive implant, and this happened last time I had one too after a year or so, so they replaced it and I was ok again... Does anyone have a clue whether this could be anything at all to do with it? I have had my monthlies 4 times in 1 month, after over a year of none at all.

I am desperate to not make excuses, and to be tough on myself, so I am putting in double effort. I am just wondering if this could be a factor, as I truly have been honest that I have done nothing to deserve a gain. I am going to go see my gp in the next week or 2, but would appreciate any thoughts in the meantime.

Again, sorry to the gents here, if you have any thoughts I am keen to hear them.

Hi all, sorry I have been quiet since my weigh-in traumas. I have really been soul-searching, checking over everything I did... the only thing I can pinpoint to my poor results is that my monthlies are now almost dailies (sorry gents). I have a contraceptive implant, and this happened last time I had one too after a year or so, so they replaced it and I was ok again... Does anyone have a clue whether this could be anything at all to do with it? I have had my monthlies 4 times in 1 month, after over a year of none at all.

I am desperate to not make excuses, and to be tough on myself, so I am putting in double effort. I am just wondering if this could be a factor, as I truly have been honest that I have done nothing to deserve a gain. I am going to go see my gp in the next week or 2, but would appreciate any thoughts in the meantime.

Again, sorry to the gents here, if you have any thoughts I am keen to hear them.

That definitely sounds suspicious to me. A visit to the gp certainly couldn't hurt- hormonal wonkiness can definitely be a factor in weight gain.

My only other advice is, if you aren't, try to drink lots of water so your body can burn the fat properly and make sure you eating enough fibre, to make sure that your system is being kept clear! Let's face it... half a pound could basically be a number 2! ;)

3.5 mile run complete in 35 mins. Gym at 9 am and then dog walk at 11 am. Back on plan after yesterdays junky lunch and will revise my target down at this weeks weigh in. Whatever I weigh in at will be my new target which will give me a better comfort zone at the lower end. Thanks for talking sense Lou. A sensible target really does give a feeling of control.

lisajade said:

Definitely could be water retention. Last week I weighed myself every day as I wanted to see how my weight could fluctuate day by day and I gained 3 pound over night then the next day it was gone again, had I only got weighed once a week and it happened to be that day I would have been mortified as I'd been 100% too have you got weighed since? It probably dropped off the next day. The pill makes your body think its pregnant which is how it stops pregnancy, so water retention etc is inevitable especially if your cycle is messed up. It's not an excuse it's a fact. Try not to dwell I've had messed up cycles for years and when they're playing up I tend to see the scales shoot up dramatically. I just try not to pay much attention as long as I know I'm following it 100% just keep on with it and drink more water and increase exercise to rid yourself of excess bloat.

slimmersally said:
3.5 mile run complete in 35 mins. Gym at 9 am and then dog walk at 11 am. Back on plan after yesterdays junky lunch and will revise my target down at this weeks weigh in. Whatever I weigh in at will be my new target which will give me a better comfort zone at the lower end. Thanks for talking sense Lou. A sensible target really does give a feeling of control.

Your welcome and well done on the exercise that should undo your naughtiness.

Hmm no one to tell off today. I'm impressed!
I'm getting a chest infection I feel like I have fluid in my lungs yuk. I'm going to go to bed this afternoon to try get myself well, so exercise is off today, so cals will have to be at my lowest allowance to compensate.

-2.5lb! Yes yes yes! Hurrah!

I really need that, not just for working hard last week, but because today will be hard and that will keep my mind focused. My friend lost her baby last month. He was 4 months old, and had never left the hospital, he was just born too sick. The funeral was last month and was heartbreaking (it was a Muslim funeral and at one point they opened the coffin and we all lined up to go look at him, which was... difficult).

Anyway they don't have a wake on the day, they have it 40 days later (today). So it's going to be a very emotional day, and after the funeral I did do some emotional eating. Not binging, but completely off plan.

Not going to do that today. The wake is being held in a restaurant, and I think the food will be Bangladeshi/Iranian, so hopefully I can find some plain rice and daal or something and keep to minimum. Food is an important part of the process for them, so I'm not going to be rude and refuse it, but just eat one small plate.

I'm only 1 3/4lb off of my first 1/2 stone loss, so I need to keep that in my mind. If I keep on track I should get that within the next 2 weeks.

Hugs. I hope the day goes as well as it can. How sad.

Back