TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Rod - "your bass only just fitted in the oven!" Oh-er Mrs and thrice more! :D

I need a kick up the ass.I got up at 6.30am and it's 8.37 still in my nightie and haven't moved off my chair.:eek:

Stir your stumps! I've been down the Post Office, got some shopping in, titted about on facebook and just done a Kettleworx session - hang your head in shame, woman!

Morning Bassers - had a wonderful day yesterday dumping three bin bags at the local charity shop. Was very sad to see some of the clothes go but my wardrobe now only has clothes in it that fit me. No - one day I could get into this stuff - and no circus tent type tops. I found it so motivational and a kick up my own arse even though I didn't actually need one!

Also whilst I was at the charity shop I got my next pair of goal jeans. A pair of brand new (still with tags on) black kickflare (I know Rod and Smileyman will have tuned out by now :)) size 12 jeans. I can get them on now if I lie down on the bed and do them up but the muffin top is more like a bakers window. So this is my measuring tool for the next month or so. Feeling so motivated by this.

Go me! :character00116:

Cat Lover Sue said:
Morning Bassers - had a wonderful day yesterday dumping three bin bags at the local charity shop. Was very sad to see some of the clothes go but my wardrobe now only has clothes in it that fit me. No - one day I could get into this stuff - and no circus tent type tops. I found it so motivational and a kick up my own arse even though I didn't actually need one!

Also whilst I was at the charity shop I got my next pair of goal jeans. A pair of brand new (still with tags on) black kickflare (I know Rod and Smileyman will have tuned out by now :)) size 12 jeans. I can get them on now if I lie down on the bed and do them up but the muffin top is more like a bakers window. So this is my measuring tool for the next month or so. Feeling so motivated by this.

Go me! :character00116:

Well done sue :) good idea to motivate you. I dare not try my 'slimming into them' jeans just in case - going to wait until I hit target and then give it a go and adjust target if need be!

Thanks Sparty. I know what I'm like - I'm a really stubborn woman (I know hard to believe, eh!) so I need to have a tangible thing I can aim for as well as the needle on the scales. Buying the jeans keeps me going and even more determined to get into them. Plus who can resist a charity shop bargain. £3 well spent! :)

black kickflare??

pffff, I'm lost....

Tightish to the knees and then flare out. Similar to bootcut but a bit more flared. Great for curvy girls as it balances us out. Ask the Mrs!

Tightish to the knees and then flare out. Similar to bootcut but a bit more flared. Great for curvy girls as it balances us out. Ask the Mrs!

I might get some!! lol

I'm only interested in if my waders fit - at the moment I need a size smaller, they are like a sleeping bag!

Morning all,
Having a kick ass week so far. No crap, exercise EVERY day, even with gammy ankle, which is always sore, but I fight on through the pain... food staying under 1250 cals, even with my Mums roast pork dinner on Sunday!! And Im sticking to my goals. Next week, Im trying on those size 14 jeans.... as promised to myself....
You know what, I was sceptical when I first came here to this thread. Im the queen of self defence..... seriously I am, and Im a Minimins old timer (just check out how many times Ive posted!!), and have done all the - oh Im crap at this, etc etc, and yes, I was crap at it, and yes, I had excuses all the time. Ok, Ive spent the first half of this year working on the head stuff and learning to like me a bit more, or even a lot more..... but all those times when someone says, oh its ok, youre only human, etc bla bla..... doesnt help. Not one little bit. If you want to get the weight off, you just have to do it.... simple, and reading here, yes, I wince sometimes... but its great..... sometimes we do need someone, or, people to stop fannying around with us and just give it to us straight....

So, kick your own asses too... we are all able to. And every time I think about food, I think, do I really really want this?? Or need it.... we have all the answers...

Oh and Rod, much as I loved seeing your yummy bass, and recipe, is that not a bit akin to chitchat..... should it not be in a recipe post??? ;) I think you are softening!! :D

Now I running off!!!

Oh and Rod, much as I loved seeing your yummy bass, and recipe, is that not a bit akin to chitchat..... should it not be in a recipe post??? ;) I think you are softening!! :D
Especially with all the fluffy stuff about wife and kids in there. Perhaps he's getting complacent?
Now I running off!!!
Make sure you have a good posture and technique! :)

Especially with all the fluffy stuff about wife and kids in there. Perhaps he's getting complacent?

Make sure you have a good posture and technique! :)
Lol. I was a runner, but I have really bad hypermobility in my joints, and I have had a bad ankle now for a year and a half. So its indoor work for me.... low impact. I am interested in your knowledge of the running though... thanks. :)

morning peoples!!! glad to see you got off your chair lazy moo....ive got up, sorted the kids out, washed all the pots hubby and teen son kindly left me, put a wash in and walked to and from nursery in the rain...all before 9.30...and its my birthday.once daughter is back from nursery i will be putting them to bed and im GOING TO start on the 30DS again. i need toning up and whilst its chucking it down with rain i really cant face going for a walk with the kids screaming in their pram cos they hate having the rain cover on, its like being tortured. but I WILL get my exercise in somewhere....and as im not in charge of tea tonight, tomorrow im out and saturday is a mass hen do food and drink fest (that i will need ALL my powers of restraint for) i need some serious exercise to compensate.. any words of wisdom to keep me on the straight and narrow will be appreciated, i feel i can do it but am feeling left out as i havent been shouted at for a while :D

jezzi999 said:
I find now I have to bite my tongue when posting on other threads! It's a shame because some of the threads are quite interesting.

I am exactly the same jezzi. I have to control my TL urges.

conlou1 said:
morning peoples!!! glad to see you got off your chair lazy moo....ive got up, sorted the kids out, washed all the pots hubby and teen son kindly left me, put a wash in and walked to and from nursery in the rain...all before 9.30...and its my birthday.once daughter is back from nursery i will be putting them to bed and im GOING TO start on the 30DS again. i need toning up and whilst its chucking it down with rain i really cant face going for a walk with the kids screaming in their pram cos they hate having the rain cover on, its like being tortured. but I WILL get my exercise in somewhere....and as im not in charge of tea tonight, tomorrow im out and saturday is a mass hen do food and drink fest (that i will need ALL my powers of restraint for) i need some serious exercise to compensate.. any words of wisdom to keep me on the straight and narrow will be appreciated, i feel i can do it but am feeling left out as i havent been shouted at for a while :D

What's 30DS? I am doing an ex DVD tonight with my friend who is on the rosemary Connelly diet. Then boxing boot camp tomorrow. Hoping that I enjoy it enough to go back again as its my first time. Exercising outdoors is better for me but I'm not very good at sticking to it when it's wet.

jezzi999 said:
Oh you don't like fruit or veg?

And you've decided that the 1/3 of your plate being super free (fruit and veg) is not an essential part of the plan, but is optional?

And you've decided to substitute a white subway footlong roll instead of 2 small slices of light wholemeal bread for your healthy extra b (fibre allowance)?

And you've been 100% all week - apart from 5 bottles of wine (you dont count alcohol), a whole pizza (it was weigh in night so it didnt count), and 2 chocolate bars a day (it was star week).

And you gained 2lb this week?

God no, I can't figure it out either. It's just not fair is it. Oh well, I'm sure you'll lose this week hun. Keep at it, you're working so hard.

***sigh***

This is the other 99.9% of MM. Can't we have an entire TL forum?

This is probably one of my favourite posts teehee

Ooh that sounds mean - but kinda funny to us Tough Lovers! :D

Sparty / Jezzi - if you are gonna dance around in the rest of the forum you will need to curtail your attitude of course

I found it basically impossible to post anywhere, I was sick of the validation of cheating and the puke inducing sympathy and empathy.

I didn't feel comfortable surrounded by women, there are mysterious things and nuances abound that I just don't understand.

Being male and a genuine "mans man" I was a lost soul - it was either do this thread or bug out!

But why should I have to leave just because I'm male (different to most of the population) and have a straight talking attitude?

I might be seen as a hard case, but I'm not, I just want to do it and get some help like everyone else

of course we all have wobbly days and mis-directed kindness has it's place - but I want none of it - thats not help is it?

if anyone thinks I've softened up, you're dead wrong, I am still at it, I have 4lb to go to 4st lost and now pretty much my entire trousers / jeans collection will soon be redundant

the last two stone, I have until december, if I can get on the scales at 13-13 on the 11th, it's job done, if I can't I'll be close and there'll be a reason for that - not an excuse, a reason

I think some "other" and social chat should be allowable here because, I understand the ladies need to get it all out there. And maybe soon, some of you won't have anywhere else to go either...

I had a PM about a Tough Love group with other sections - recipes/chat/cat thread - which could keep this main thread hardcore and allow "bassers" (LOL!) to indulge in the social side

if anyone wants to kick that off under the tough love section, (how I don't know) please feel free - I will mostly be here, it feels safe and a lot like home to me - but I do understand that you want to do other things on this forum within the tough love framework - and thats cool

this is my thread and I will shoot you down - you know that sisters

so go spread the word with my blessing

It was a horrible and mean mean mean thing to do, and the posts were removed and the new user was banned. I haven't named the super-dieter here as I agree that it was a horrible and unnecessary thing to happen.

what a scream - :busted:

:sign0151:

Oh dear, and now you're set up your sanctuary and all us women have come and invaded. :( that's not really what you hoped for is it...

no you're dead wrong - I like women and there's no point in having a thread that no-one contributes to - I've learned a MASSIVE amount from all of you

but I just can't swim about in the general population, I feel uncomfortable! it's not women I object to, it's the crappy attitude that most members seem to have - and your post Jezzi is so spot on, I can't help but see that you are gonna do it - cos you gets it. The plan is the plan. Plan deviation = fail. And fail is not OK. Because you won't achieve your loss

I've pm'd the Boss about getting a TL section, suggestions for individual forums within the section so far are

cats (FFS!)
recipes
chat (FFS!)

any other dire drivel you ladies need to get off your chest, suggestions on a poached chicken breast please.......

and IF you get the section, I will pop in just to see you're playing by the rules, play nicely or I will take your toys away....

Back