TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Ive lost 9lbs this week but face a test Sat night, one of my oldest friends is coming over and staying overnight, we havent seen each other for ages and have so much to catch up on. The wines chilling :) BUT shes said about getting a takeaway. I toyed with the idea of getting something which wouldnt do too much damage. But no, I dont want to undo this weeks hard work so close to my official (Sunday) weigh in. I have a target in mind for next month when Im taking my nieces away. I really want to meet it - no Chinese takeaway is worth that.

Im going to have to dig my heels in and think of the total rollicking Id get on here if I gave in :eek:

here is the crux of tough love a typical what I call "nightmare junction"

good all week, astounding losses (congrats btw) and then - an old friend turns up and wants to guzzle

the clue in in the last line. FRIEND

no friend would want to see you undo a weeks hard work and certainly no friend would want you in MY path when you report you fell off the wagon

you went into print this week - I'm 100% I think you said

so thats what we expect Starlight

weekends are absolutely the worst time for undoing your losses and once you conquer weekends, you conquer the problem

I am counting on you to do the right thing, you have about 15 consciences here to salve, make sure you think of EVERY one of them that has supported you this week

Me?

Cross me and you messed with the wrong marine sister......

I have a confession. I had a calorific lunch of Pizza and Pasta. :(

However, I felt so awful about coming here and confessing it that I immediately came home and did a 35 minute run on my elliptical AND then I spent 3 hours cleaning my flat. No fannying around with a duster- CLEANING. I managed to drink a litre of water whilst doing so. It either tells you how hard I worked or how grubby my place was. Potentially both.

The good news is that I have (according to MyFitnessPal) burned off most of the 700 calories I consumed. And since I am planning a tiny tea of Poached Egg and Grilled Tomato on Toast I'll be ending the day with 500 calories extra. :) So, all's well end's well!

Remember Bassers, Tough Love isn't just about being tough with each other, it's about being tough with yourself and making sure you use every calorie you consume! :)

And I have already worked out a contingency plan for the next time I head to my favourite Restaurant... my lunchtime slip up will not be happening again!

Rod the Bass said:
just keep on having tantrums Lou, jump up n down a lot, pull your hair out, run about like a headless chicken

It'll drop off (or out!) tomorrow or the next day

there is no logic, there was no logic to me dropping 5lbs, thought I'd do 1-2lbs, sometimes nature gives up a shock (pleasant or unpleasant)

keep your choices fixed in your mind, leave the scales until tuesday and relax

you've had a weird two weeks remember that...

In a way it did me a favour cos I'm even more determined than ever to make good choices today. I will have salad or veg with meat at the buffet and I'm going to drink water while I'm there. In your face scales :p

lisajade said:
I need what and what? U mean the boxing group and this thread? I think it's the way to go. I know the SW plan, and will probably stick with that. I just pray the class is still running, it wasn't advertised well (if it was at all) so maybe nobody signed up. I'm happy with a 1:1 though if they're willing :)

The class is quite depressing to be honest. No tough love going on there lol

YES! I start with my new boxing club Monday at 5pm. Just spoke to the trainer, and it sounds right up my street! I am so excited and revved up. Those numbers are really going to start moving at a better pace from here on.

I had a busy day at work yesterday and then went straight from work to camping and the pub with hub and four friends. I fitted in a 30 minute walk before it rained and at the pub alternated between slimline tonic and tap water, whilst everyone else consumed gallons of beer and wine. They all tucked into the bread and butter but I waited patiently for my main course of sirloin steak, new potatoes and salad. Everyone else dived for the chips and mayonnaise and I politely declined. Three people had massive desserts with lashings of cream but I was pleasantly satisfied. I had a syn free and enjoyable evening, and was as fresh as a daisy this morning whilst they all nursed hangovers. We returned home this morning and OH went straight to bed whilst I went to the gym.

Why was this so easy for me? Slimming World was my kick start 9 months ago, but it was the Tough Love thread and reading all those posts en route to camping that really focused me on the night ahead. So thank you all and especially the mighty Bass himself. I'm loving the new streamlined thread and now I'm off for some chit chat with my fellow Bassers.

Right either my scales are broken or there's something wrong with me lol. 5 pound on overnight. I had 1600 cals yesterday and did 30 day shred, an hours walking and 2 hours hard core cleaning. I'm having a tantrum as we speak. I'm really bunged up, a week now but 5 pound? Over night??? Someone apply some logic please

Hey Lou, that is bad news but you need to take stock.

There isn't some strange dynamic in time and space which causes extra fat cells to turn up all over your body overnight. You KNOW that you ate sensibly the day before - you KNOW that you did lots of exercise, so it would defy the laws of physics if you then suddenly put on weight - it HAS to be a fluid thing - you did a tough work out and I bet the extra weight is all to do with you re-hydrating yourself.

I just went and weighed 1 pint of water and it weighed just over 1lb. Looking at it, that is not very much water and if your body is holding on to it to recover from the exercise, you could easily hold on to 5lbs worth.

Sorry, lots of rambling on unscientifically - what I am trying to say is (as you have already done) brush it off as a temporary blip and don't let it get you down. Have fun tonight!

Bonnie is right about the water thing. Simple to remember: 1 litre of water weighs 1kg

Well, I've just done another power walk. My poor glutes! We have to go to a BBQ tonight but I've decided to take the car rather than walk so I can't drink and if the food is awful, I'll eat when I get home.

Lou - its amazing how moving scales can have a difference. I have a certain floor tile in the kitchen I use each week and make sure no-one else is in the immediate floor area when I weigh! However there's no cheating as the weight remains on the scales for 10 seconds after so hubster can see! :) So from now on keep them in the same place each time.

Well, at the risk of sounding like chit chat (which of course it isn't!). Have had day from hell...on a journey to the west of Ireland (I live in the east) and my car kind of blew up! Have shifted plans and am getting the train....but after car gt towed...I went for lunch, and had....soup! In the past would have been my best excuse for something really fattening to 'calm' me, but not the new me. Very happy with self restraint...this thread keeps me honest!

I had a busy day at work yesterday and then went straight from work to camping and the pub with hub and four friends. I fitted in a 30 minute walk before it rained and at the pub alternated between slimline tonic and tap water, whilst everyone else consumed gallons of beer and wine. They all tucked into the bread and butter but I waited patiently for my main course of sirloin steak, new potatoes and salad. Everyone else dived for the chips and mayonnaise and I politely declined. Three people had massive desserts with lashings of cream but I was pleasantly satisfied. I had a syn free and enjoyable evening, and was as fresh as a daisy this morning whilst they all nursed hangovers. We returned home this morning and OH went straight to bed whilst I went to the gym.

Why was this so easy for me? Slimming World was my kick start 9 months ago, but it was the Tough Love thread and reading all those posts en route to camping that really focused me on the night ahead. So thank you all and especially the mighty Bass himself. I'm loving the new streamlined thread and now I'm off for some chit chat with my fellow Bassers.

well done Sal - same as me last night - no starter, no rice with a Greek meal, just souvlaki and salad, no baklava and only half a glass of wine

the rest of the family feel like kaka today, I on the other hand cleared 29 items of clothes, went for a haircut the long way round and feel like I should - a healthy determined partner, father and bass angler!

Not a hungover slob loaded with carbs and sludge

glad you like the thread as it is, I think this will work fine

stick with it guys, Its only food!!

Lou, give it hell on the dancefloor sister, murder those calories!!

I am so pleased everyone thinks its the thread that keeps 'em on the straight n narrow

Its not the thread, its you!!!

Shh, don't tell everyone..certainly don't tell Slimming World and weight watchers!!

When everyone says "WOW" look at you, how did you do that?

you can say, there's this grumpy dude down in Bristol, he just rants and it drops off

£KER_CHING!

ROFL!

Well done you!!! Stick to your plan and tell your friend you'd like to cook instead? Having said that this isn't a starve yourself thread and if eating Chinese isn't off plan then it's fine to have, no judgment from us, if it's planned and allowed on the particular plan your on then go for it. But if you feel it will spiral you out of control then don't. If u do have it then stick to
An amount and decide what your having and don't stray from that. It's upto you, just plan it so you know where you are x

Unfortunately with being on a VLCD neither cooking or chinese is on plan. I told myself I COULD have a chicken omelette or chicken foo yung (without rice) and it wouldnt have an effect but its not sticking to a VLCD is it? So no Im not having that.

here is the crux of tough love a typical what I call "nightmare junction"

good all week, astounding losses (congrats btw) and then - an old friend turns up and wants to guzzle

the clue in in the last line. FRIEND

no friend would want to see you undo a weeks hard work and certainly no friend would want you in MY path when you report you fell off the wagon

you went into print this week - I'm 100% I think you said

so thats what we expect Starlight

weekends are absolutely the worst time for undoing your losses and once you conquer weekends, you conquer the problem

I am counting on you to do the right thing, you have about 15 consciences here to salve, make sure you think of EVERY one of them that has supported you this week

Me?

Cross me and you messed with the wrong marine sister......

Im not messing up my 100% week at this stage. My week runs Sun til Sunday.

Im going to also put it on the record that my weight today is X stone 13lbs. There thats it in black and white. SO tomorrow I want to still be in the lower stone and not back in the one I just left!! The only way to do that is to stay 100% tonight.

Hope everyone else has a good Saturday night - catch you all tomorrow x

Morning All - well done Lou, sounds like a good night. Read some good advice in the WW magazine this morning about holidays but could equally apply to nights out. Have a choice rule. Bit like what Lou did last night. She made a choice to have no pudding but have a couple of cocktails instead. They were saying the same thing. Make a promise to yourself before you go out that you will have either, for example, a starter or a pudding but not both. Keeps you in control more. Basically what us Bassers have been doing all along!

Just checking in. Usually weekends are my downfall and I manage to undo all the good work I do all wk. But not this one! Yes I had wine, two glasses, yes I had nicies, but some haribo jellies and some skittles. No crisps, no fry up, no cake etc etc. And now, on a Sunday morning when I'm usually thinking 'ah Feck it, I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb' and have a huge fry, I'm tucking into some crispbreads and WW beans. For me, it really is about conquering the wk end. Tough Love hoooya!

So I was all despondant when I couldn't go on a planned walk in a nearby pinewood forest because it was Thundering all afternoon. However, at 4 it finally cleared and off I went... only to get caught in Torrential rain :rolleyes:

However, I walked for 90 minutes, apparently burned in about 300ish calories and feel much better. Fingers crossed for a good weigh-in tomorrow morning

Reporting in. I had 1 plate of food, good food, no puddi g. I did decide to have some cocktails but didn't have many and had water at the end of the night. I danced my arse off and have walked miles and am sober :) so whatever I have had tonight is ok cos I can go back to being in control tomorrow. Night

Phew! Well done Lou that's fab news, although I never really doubted you would make the right choice! Can't stop as am just off out for an eight mile hike but glad to hear you smashed it, yet again.

Back