TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

New to Minimins today and love this thread. I have loads of lovely supportive friends who say all the right (or wrong?!) things when I'm having a bad week so a bit of tough love is exactly what is required to balance things out. I've not been on forum long enough to post stats but I'm doing SW online and have lost 1st 10.5lbs in 9 weeks, start of a v v long journey tho as have 10st 5lbs in total to lose. Scales hopping is my worst habit (used to be dry white wine) so hubby (also a keen angler Rod) is having to find some imaginative hiding places for them in between weigh ins!!!

Hi Abs, welcome to tough love

you can update stats when you have a few posts on board (dunno how many!) meantime get your post count up by floozing about in the TL chit-chat lounge, the ladies like it in there cos I'm a bit cooler than I am here

well done on the losses so far, you will shed the 10st if you stick here, couple of you have that much to drop so stick together - Smiley is very scientific and is on a righteous path

he'll come by soon enough with some more factoids to enthrall us all with

I have nothing to offer except abuse I'm afraid, stick to your plan, settle in and grow a thick skin, leave your plan at your peril

Here, here Jezzi. I went out Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, and on all three I was offered a drink. I answered with a simple, "No thanks, I'm not drinking this month," and everyone responded with "Oh, ok". I was expecting peer pressure or at least a funny comment, but everyone was accepting of my decision. What great friends!

They ARE great freinds. I have one who when I once said I wasn't drinking, just said 'oh don't be stupid' and filled up a glass for me! But if I put on my award winning thoughtful face, say 'Hmm, actually I am not in the mood...I fancy [X] instead' and it comes accross as preference, rather than because of a diet, people are less threatened and don't bat an eyelid.

Hi bassers!

I am back from my first session at the boxing club, and I absolutely loved it! To top it off, I took a wrong turn or 3 and got lost on my way home :)

Hi bassers!

I am back from my first session at the boxing club, and I absolutely loved it! To top it off, I took a wrong turn or 3 and got lost on my way home :)

Hi LJ - glad you enjoyed the boxing. Did you get to hit actual people or just a bag? You'll be burning calories like a goddun once you get going! :)

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi LJ - glad you enjoyed the boxing. Did you get to hit actual people or just a bag? You'll be burning calories like a goddun once you get going! :)

AND ur gonna ache like hell the next few days lol. How good a feeling will that be?! Nice lil reminder that u have taken control. Go you!!!

Hi all.....
Well, I went haywire on Saturday..... Hands up.... I pulled it back yesterday straight away..... no excuses..... I did it in the full knowledge of what it would do to me, but I refused to follow old patterns and let it get the better of me...... nope, I tough talked to myself and got my head down yesterday....
So, you can dish it out to me.... I deserve it, but do note that I did the right thing... should give me some credit????

nice goal date Sue! :D

Kneehigh, things have changed a bit in two weeks - they are all ball-breakers now :D

Ball-breakers losing weight at a rate of knots I hasten to add

seems that excuses are a thing of the past

I ain't gonna give you any more toastings, you know you did wrong and the worst thing you did was go AWOL from here

you can subscribe or not, but there is no easy ride if you dip in and out of plan and the TL thread

go AWOL as long as you like, just come back with progress to report DAMMIT!

If you tell me you are dwelling in the custard again - it's gonna be WAR sister

I really want to join the Rod's Weight Loss B*****s!!!! I have missed this site so much but my internet has been off for 2 weeks. I can report that I STS at group tonight, which was good after the bender on the weekend. It has given me a proper kick up the bum now to get back on it and I want that 3lbs off in the next 7 days!!!

Hmm was gonna bollock knee high but I was too slow. Too busy having a glass or 2 of wine with my saved cals from today instead I'd a snack.... Cos that's how you drink, planned and calculated nit with careless abandon. I still only had 1470 cals today and that included 3 meals and the wine. No deprivation and still feeling confident that I can lose this week. No more wine for me now though til Saturday when it's planned date nigt with the hubby. I'm cooking but want some ideas for Chinese low cal meals but not stir fry. He likes Chinese but I don't ever cook it and am sticking to my diet but want to do something yummy for us both. Any ideas?? I can save 1000 cals for meal and wine so say 500 for a meal? The rest wine and I'm doing mackerel pâté for snack through our film.

Welcome abstay! Keep focused and you can do it- as Rod says you can have results or you can have excuses but you can't have both. Good luck with your weightloss and I hope you enjoy it here in the Tough Love thread as much as the rest of us! We give as good as we get!

I had to turn out a trip to an Italian Buffet this weekend- there was no menu and I had no idea if I'd be able to control myself in a buffet enviroment. Easier just to avoid altogether at the moment.

Glad you liked my quote Rod! I'll add it to my signature too!

I've worked mine out from my average weight loss (1lb/wk) and it's march 2014! That's just too depressing so I'm going to keep focusing on my next 1/2stone at a time for now.

I personally find this the best approach- I set dates for my mini-goals, which is much more motivating for me and helps to keep me on the straight and narrow. I take it a half stone at a time. I have a sign on the inside of my front door with my current goal weight written on it and I can see it regularly. I find it very motivating.

In fact, I've started talking to the sign... saying stuff like 'I'm coming for you' :eek:

Lol. We all talk to ourselves a bit much I think teehee! After my run to Minor injuries last night, bf wanted take away as it was pretty late. So I suggested a kebab and he had a monster mixed donner AND CHIPS while I had a chicken shish with tons of salad. The only thing I needed to syn was the white wrap it comes in. On plan take away - who would have thought kebabs could be healthy(-ish). Proud of my restraint really but out for dinner tonight. Need to seriously plan!!

Lol. We all talk to ourselves a bit much I think teehee! After my run to Minor injuries last night, bf wanted take away as it was pretty late. So I suggested a kebab and he had a monster mixed donner AND CHIPS while I had a chicken shish with tons of salad. The only thing I needed to syn was the white wrap it comes in. On plan take away - who would have thought kebabs could be healthy(-ish). Proud of my restraint really but out for dinner tonight. Need to seriously plan!!

Where are you going for dinner? :)

Weighed in this morning and I e put on 2 pound. Oh well thats what happens when you have a little extra 5 out of 7 days. I refuse to change my stats cos it WILL be off by Friday no way am I going back up

Keep at it Lou. You can do it. Seems like you're focused on the week ahead! Nothing to worry about!

faery_lights said:
Keep at it Lou. You can do it. Seems like you're focused on the week ahead! Nothing to worry about!

Oh I'm unfazed. That week would have knocked me off track before but in between the social days I stated on track a d I still didn't binge or snack on the social days. It was the alcohol and a few foods in my meals that I wouldn't normally have. But it just shows how it can creep back on eh? Just a bit extra here and there and BAM 2 pound on. I was gonna have wine on sat but I am gonna knock the wine on the head for the next few weeks. Already picked my meals for today :D

we have a choice of 2 restaurants; links below

Albany Restaurant - St Albans

Freddie's Restaurant - Modern European to Mediterranean Cuisine - Welcome

I don't have a preference either way as I have been to both before and they are both yummy.

For the Albany I was thinking I could either have the sea bass without the basil oil or the lamb rack but just ask for new potatos instead of creamed? Mango and raspberry sorbet for pudding would be the best option I think.

For Freddies I would really like to have the Tilapia as I have always wanted to try it but I couldnt have the creamy prawn sauce with it. I could have the aubergine stack to start and use my healthy extra A for the cheese instead of a pudding?

This sound like the best option do you think? Which one should I go for?

Back