TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Both sound lovely Sparty but my personal choice would be the Albany. Fresh fish and new spuds always a winner. Can they do a big salad for you? I could eat Sorbet until the cows come home so would be hands down winner for me. Yum. :)

I personally find this the best approach- I set dates for my mini-goals, which is much more motivating for me and helps to keep me on the straight and narrow. I take it a half stone at a time. I have a sign on the inside of my front door with my current goal weight written on it and I can see it regularly. I find it very motivating.

In fact, I've started talking to the sign... saying stuff like 'I'm coming for you' :eek:

Hahaha 'talking to the sign' I am sure some of the things we do must seem mental to other people, but hey, if it works!

use my healthy extra A for the cheese instead of a pudding?

This sound like the best option do you think? Which one should I go for?

They both sound lovely but I would watch the healthy extra cheese - you only get a snifter as a healthy extra - isn't it something like 28g? I would have thought they would use more than that in the recipe?

Just to say, I'm still around and 100%. Work's a bit crazy at the moment, and the late nights and early starts are hard, but resisting the tempation feels way better than the food ever did. I'M IN CONTROL.

Exercise is going out of the window, because I'm always in the blimmin' office though. :(

2lbs on of salt, sugar and alcohol retention for one days indulgences is just NOT WORTH IT.... 1lb gone this morning... and by god yesterday was such a struggle.... I mean, it was hard work.... washing all that rubbish out of my system, hormones screaming at me, but I did it.... I fought it..... and if I am really on the ball this week, I will hope to hit my first half stone..... so, watch this space...

probably yes - I will have a look around to see how many syns it would be and not use it as a healthy extra just in case we do go there!

Guess who fought a Korean woman so that she didn't have to eat noodles? Me! And I won.

Colleague: Hannah, we will have Korean Barbeque and then we will have namyeon noodles (Noodles in a cold broth with ice, cucumber and a boiled egg. Really)
Me: I'm just going to have the meat and vegetable side dishes, thanks. I don't really like noodles.
Colleague: But you will try some.
Me: No thankyou. I have tried it before. I don't like noodles.
Colleague: But you must try some.
Me: I've tried some before. I don't particularly like noodles.
Colleague: Because it will make you fat?
Me:... No, because I just don't like them...
Colleague: Oh...
*Eat Korean Barbeque, have chopstick skills and the fact that I eat garlic exclaimed over*
*The Noodles arrive*
Me: *Full and sipping on water*
Colleague: Hannah, try some noodles.
Me: No, thanks, I don't like them.
Colleague: Do you like egg?
Me:.... Yes...
Colleague: Try some!
Me: No, thank you, I am full.
Colleague: Me too!
Colleague: *proceeds to eat a portion of noodles for two people* Oh my, these noodles are so delicious.

Srsly. This happened. But I stayed strong and didn't cave in to the crazy Korean peer pressure! (I would have caved before). The same colleague loves to give me 'advice' on how to 'reduce my weight'. Apparently, I should eat prunes and reduce my salt intake. She doesn't appear to have noticed that 10% of me has disappeared!

faery_lights said:
Guess who fought a Korean woman so that she didn't have to eat noodles? Me! And I won.

Colleague: Hannah, we will have Korean Barbeque and then we will have namyeon noodles (Noodles in a cold broth with ice, cucumber and a boiled egg. Really)
Me: I'm just going to have the meat and vegetable side dishes, thanks. I don't really like noodles.
*Eat Korean Barbeque, have chopstick skills and the fact that I eat garlic exclaimed over*
*The Noodles arrive*
Colleague: *proceeds to eat a portion of noodles for two people* Oh my, these noodles are so delicious.

Srsly. This happened. But I stayed strong and didn't cave in to the crazy Korean peer pressure! (I would have caved before). The same colleague loves to give me 'advice' on how to 'reduce my weight'. Apparently, I should eat prunes and reduce my salt intake. She doesn't appear to have noticed that 10% of me has disappeared!

Well done. Bloody hate food pushers

Cat Lover Sue said:
Both sound lovely Sparty but my personal choice would be the Albany. Fresh fish and new spuds always a winner. Can they do a big salad for you? I could eat Sorbet until the cows come home so would be hands down winner for me. Yum. :)

Right. I have done some more investigating. We are going for the Albany. The mains I was considering are;

1. Grilled sirloin steak, chips, mushroom, roast tomatoes, bearnaise sauce - 10 syns for chips (as its a poncy restaurant they will only give you a few but I have synned it quite high) and I would have it without the sauce. A couple of each for mushroom and toms cooked in oil. TOYAL SYNS = 14

2. Poached sea bass, ratatouille and basil oil - I would have no oil and ratatouille is 8.5 syns. TOTAL SYNS = 8.5

3. Lamb, baby veg, rosemary jus, creamed mash - 7 for the jus and if I don't replace mash with new potatos then they will be 6ish. TOTAL SYNS = 13

Sorbet is 4 and the starter I would choose is the salmon salad and that is FREE!!! Although I hesitate as they may dress it/cook salmon in oil so 2 syns.

Now I am equipped and can decide what I fancy later. I have 7 syns left from yesterday as an emergency just in case I go for the steak and don't swap the chips for pots.

Right. I have done some more investigating. We are going for the Albany. The mains I was considering are;

1. Grilled sirloin steak, chips, mushroom, roast tomatoes, bearnaise sauce - 10 syns for chips (as its a poncy restaurant they will only give you a few but I have synned it quite high) and I would have it without the sauce. A couple of each for mushroom and toms cooked in oil. TOYAL SYNS = 14

2. Poached sea bass, ratatouille and basil oil - I would have no oil and ratatouille is 8.5 syns. TOTAL SYNS = 8.5

3. Lamb, baby veg, rosemary jus, creamed mash - 7 for the jus and if I don't replace mash with new potatos then they will be 6ish. TOTAL SYNS = 13

Sorbet is 4 and the starter I would choose is the salmon salad and that is FREE!!! Although I hesitate as they may dress it/cook salmon in oil so 2 syns.

Now I am equipped and can decide what I fancy later. I have 7 syns left from yesterday as an emergency just in case I go for the steak and don't swap the chips for pots.

Nice one Sparty. This was me just four weeks ago planning for my trip to Nottingham. And always best to over-estimate as you are doing. It's great that you have a selection of choices as well so it feels normal. I must admit I did have a panic to myself thinking but what if the X is off the menu tonight - but then slapped myself about a bit and came to my senses! :D

*The Noodles arrive*

Ha ha! Classic and well done for resisting. My hubbie's Auntie (by marriage) is Malaysian and she is a total nightmare. Every conversation you have with her feels like an interrogation!

Hahaha I think we are biased...I would go for the Bass of course! But seriously, I always think fish plus lean veg is the way to go - or if you want something more filling I would have steak, new pots and ask for a salad instead of roasted tomatoes. Making me hungry! It is always hard to go without chips and I feel really cheated, but the feeling goes away after you have ordered, as it is too late to change your mind and you know you have won your internal arguement.

*The Noodles arrive*

Haha if only it was as simple as reducing salt intake - I would be a size zero, I never use salt in my cooking. From what I gather, koreans generally don't have a weight problem (as well as staggeringly low incidence of breast cancer). What is it about their diet and way of life that means they don't put on weight do you think?

Oops, sorry realised this is a bit chatty...happy to carry on in the chat thread.

Ha ha! Classic and well done for resisting. My hubbie's Auntie (by marriage) is Malaysian and she is a total nightmare. Every conversation you have with her feels like an interrogation!

It was quite easy to resist based on the fact that cold noodles are disgusting, haha. That and she was annoying me and I was being stubborn!

In Tough Love news, last week I decided to start taking a Low GI approach to some aspects of my diet. This meant I stopped eating bananas because they are High GI. However, this meant that on days when my school lunch was sub-par I was walking to the shop and buying myself a 'within-plan-but-not-healthy-chocolate-bar'. It didn't show on the scale but I felt the guilt and I really missed bananas.

So, I'm back to my banana eating ways and I have also found some wholegrain crackers to take to school with me. Hopefully this will cure my cravings during the day and serve as a back-up on those days when my school serves up tiny anchovies in red pepper paste or Octopus soup... Hooray for a healthy switch :)

Octopus soup? Yum!

Yes, the tentacles stare at you...

Anyway, carrying on this discussion in the chat thread!

Anyone need some tough lovin' today?!

I don't really need TL but some motivation to stick to my plans tonight would be good.

I DO NOT LIKE CHIPS. I DO NOT LIKE CHIPS. I DO NOT LIKE CHIPS!!!

Sounds good. Bearnaise sauce is very rich. I can't find the syns value, but it must be high.

I don't really need TL but some motivation to stick to my plans tonight would be good.

I DO NOT LIKE CHIPS. I DO NOT LIKE CHIPS. I DO NOT LIKE CHIPS!!!
I'm going out tonight for the first time since starting the LipoTrim. Pre-wedding drinks for a good friend who's getting married on Saturday. Luckily it's people from work who are all pretty supportive of the diet, but lets see who holds up when I order a Perrier (hey, if I can't drink beer, I might as well drink stupidly extravagant water!)

So it's you and me together sparty. I'll stay off the beer if you stay off the chips.

SmileyMan said:
I'm going out tonight for the first time since starting the LipoTrim. Pre-wedding drinks for a good friend who's getting married on Saturday. Luckily it's people from work who are all pretty supportive of the diet, but lets see who holds up when I order a Perrier (hey, if I can't drink beer, I might as well drink stupidly extravagant water!)

So it's you and me together sparty. I'll stay off the beer if you stay off the chips.

Deal!! :)

Back