TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

WI for me this morning and lost 2lb. Chuffed and slimmer of the week so got a sticky!!

Fluff

nice work there sister

we go BOOM!!!!!!

Me013.jpg

now....

lets see you do it again next week ;)

Hey Boss,

I think the garlic dip is called Aoli? Or something like that. Greek food is naturally quite healthy from what i have heard so you should be ok. Stick broadly to plan (with a little aoli) and steer clear of too much pitta :) and you should be fine.

SO pleased for you on your loss (BOOM) - what a way to start your hols....congratulations! Lets have more of the same when you get back and Mrs Bass kicks you into touch on the tarmac!

EDIT: And I am happy to share the task with 3B while you are off - I am on hols myself next week and it might help keep me on track! Only UK hols so I will be prowling for people not keeping on the straight and narrow!!

Rod the Bass said:
you're ok, I'm just pulling your leg, keep up the good work and think about YOURSELF for a fortnight - I am leaving Sparty and BonnieBooBear (3B) in charge this time

they are on the jazz and it will do you good to have them hounding you instead of the other way around..they'll see this later and take up the challenge!

the plan for Greece is:

eggs for breakfast

fruit all day but not banana's apparently - I can storm thro a whole watermelon I hope??? LOL

the dinner plan is to eat grilled meat and salad - they eat late over there which I dont like to do so I am expecting it to be a bit tough

things I can do are:

walk, swim and avoid the beer

I'll take what comes, I shan't go nuts but I am partial to that garlic dip (I can't remember what its called?) and pitta bread, lol

mostly I want to lie still for 15mins a day thinking about going fishing, then have enough of lying in the sun for 15mins and go fishing

first thing packed was my lures, two travel rods, two reels, power isome, mullet spinners and wire traces - I am gonna try for a 'cuda!!!

I could lose an arm, but hey, that'll be a serious weight drop huh??? lol

Yea I could do with someone hounding me for a change, although I'm pretty focused my
Motivation can suddenly change from sky high to rock bottom in the blink of an eye so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

Sounds like a plan for your hol. Remember it is a holiday and your meant to enjoy it, they cost enough money and whilst I'm not advocating binging I wouldn't want you to be so strict you have a rubbish time. It's all about balance.

Hey well done Rod - what is it you say - now lets see you do it again next week!:) Good luck if you end up chasing your wife on the running front.

WI for me this morning and lost 2lb. Chuffed and slimmer of the week so got a sticky!! Daft how those stickies help.

Off to Birmingham for Festival of Quilts at weekend so got to work on packed lunch for the day.

Had tour of one gym and another tour of a different one tomorrow.

Still chasing cossy, lots of smaller sizes but need a little bigger up top than can find at mo.

Sorry if missed anyone, not had chance to read all postings as hubby chasing at the bit as today is our day and I am holding him up, so will catch up with everyone later.

Oh and if it is easier please just call me fluff so don't confuse with CatLoverSue.

Fluff

Lost 3lbs :)

AWesome welldone you 2!!!xx

Sounds like a plan for your hol. Remember it is a holiday and your meant to enjoy it, they cost enough money and whilst I'm not advocating binging I wouldn't want you to be so strict you have a rubbish time. It's all about balance.

I think this is what I am going to do on my holiday Lou - its good advice. We work so hard all year round so when you are away you dont want to be stressing out with not being able to measure food or feeling like you cant relax and enjoy yourself. I do think people still need to be mindful of the plan they follow as well though.

I am going to stick to fruit, FF yoghurt, and a little cooked breakfast at our buffet. They offer the full english but I will only go for the unfried stuff - poached/scrambed eggs, grilled bacon and WM toast if I fancy it. Or maybe cereal - guess i have to wait and see exactly what they offer. In years gone by I would have had a massive bowl of coco pops and then a fry up!

Im going to pinch some fruit to take out with me in the day - apples and oranges as healthy snacks and choose healthy/syn free options if we eat lunch out.

Dinners will be my vice - the food is rich, posh restaurant food and its 4 courses I think. I dont really like pudding anyway so I am safe from that. As its bournemouth I am expecting a lot of fresh fish so that will be good. I will just take care on my carbs.

And I am going to drink alcohol - my nf and I used to regularly share a bottle of wine if we went out for dinner and it was really nice. I have curbed that now and 9 times out of 10 I drive if we go out. Will be nice to have a glass or two but I will be sensible......it wont be every day and if we go out in the evening i will scrap the wine and have a lower syn drink (diet coke and vodka - every other drink a soft drink)

This is the plan anyway - coupled with long walks on the beach, swims in the spa and im even taking my running shoes for mornings when my bf wants to sleep in (i am rubbish at lie-ins). Useful use of my time and will help burn my cals!

WI for me this morning and lost 2lb. Chuffed and slimmer of the week so got a sticky!! Daft how those stickies help.

Off to Birmingham for Festival of Quilts at weekend so got to work on packed lunch for the day.

Had tour of one gym and another tour of a different one tomorrow.

Still chasing cossy, lots of smaller sizes but need a little bigger up top than can find at mo.

Fluff

Yay! Great work fluff! Good start on your TL mission. We have our own brand of badge in here - made by one of our frequent posters LisaJade - assume her absence is due to her honeymoon! Once you hit 1/2 stone you are eligible so you need to get that cossie sorted lady!

T2g - have you updated your stats/goal?

I've weighed today, 15-9, wicked!

really pleased as I was 15-11 on monday....have done quite a few walks this week and really buckled down

now I need to hold onto this for a fortnight in Greece. Swim swim swim swim and keep on swimming fat boy!!!!!

when I get back I will be taking to the road, I asked the OH yesterday to teach me to run

she runs 10k's regularly and has also done half marathons....

yikes....

Yyyyeeeeeehhhhaa! Finally, you are out of the doldrums! Really pleased for you Rod. Now as you say, make sure you hold on to it for your hols. It shouldn't be too hard in Greece, swap the beer for diet coke, lots of juicy greek fruit and a little bit of greek yog, pittas and salad/grilled lamb - You might even crack 15-7! Have an amazing time.

2kgs lost. Not good enough :(

I'm calling that an STS equivalent for a VLCD, so I'm banning myself from the chit chat until next week.

Rod the Bass said:
can I ask a man question?

what is it that makes brunette women go blonde after losing weight?

Is there some kind of hormonal alchemy that happens when they reach goal?

I've lost best part of 4.5stone and my hair refuses to budge from the darkest brown hue that it's always been!!

if you look at success stories anywhere, the girls always seem to go blonde?

explain to the male thicko - WHAT IS GOING ON???

I've been blonde before and I fancied a drastic change to go with my new figure. A fair few inches came of the hair too. Short hair never looked good when I was carrying the extra stones.

I bet you're itching for a make over when you get to target Rod!

I think this is what I am going to do on my holiday Lou - its good advice. We work so hard all year round so when you are away you dont want to be stressing out with not being able to measure food or feeling like you cant relax and enjoy yourself. I do think people still need to be mindful of the plan they follow as well though.

I am going to stick to fruit, FF yoghurt, and a little cooked breakfast at our buffet. They offer the full english but I will only go for the unfried stuff - poached/scrambed eggs, grilled bacon and WM toast if I fancy it. Or maybe cereal - guess i have to wait and see exactly what they offer. In years gone by I would have had a massive bowl of coco pops and then a fry up!

Im going to pinch some fruit to take out with me in the day - apples and oranges as healthy snacks and choose healthy/syn free options if we eat lunch out.

Dinners will be my vice - the food is rich, posh restaurant food and its 4 courses I think. I dont really like pudding anyway so I am safe from that. As its bournemouth I am expecting a lot of fresh fish so that will be good. I will just take care on my carbs.

And I am going to drink alcohol - my nf and I used to regularly share a bottle of wine if we went out for dinner and it was really nice. I have curbed that now and 9 times out of 10 I drive if we go out. Will be nice to have a glass or two but I will be sensible......it wont be every day and if we go out in the evening i will scrap the wine and have a lower syn drink (diet coke and vodka - every other drink a soft drink)

This is the plan anyway - coupled with long walks on the beach, swims in the spa and im even taking my running shoes for mornings when my bf wants to sleep in (i am rubbish at lie-ins). Useful use of my time and will help burn my cals!

Sounds like a plan Sparty - I know people are separated into two camps on the holiday front - pig out and enjoy or be careful. At Slimming World last night, three people put on over 4lbs each from a weeks holiday. I have 2 weeks in Cyprus coming up at the end of September - tbh I don't see how being careful would ruin my holiday. There is more to a holiday than just food surely? I may change my mind nearer the time (God knows it has been 4 years since I last went away!) but at the moment, it would spoil my fun to know that I had undone so much hard work for what is relatively little gain. Like 4lbs - that takes some people a month to loose! I would be happy to stay the same I think. Tricky...

sparty said:
Hey Boss,

I think the garlic dip is called Aoli? Or something like that. Greek food is naturally quite healthy from what i have heard so you should be ok. Stick broadly to plan (with a little aoli) and steer clear of too much pitta :) and you should be fine.

SO pleased for you on your loss (BOOM) - what a way to start your hols....congratulations! Lets have more of the same when you get back and Mrs Bass kicks you into touch on the tarmac!

EDIT: And I am happy to share the task with 3B while you are off - I am on hols myself next week and it might help keep me on track! Only UK hols so I will be prowling for people not keeping on the straight and narrow!!

Garlic dip is tzatziki - made with yogurt, mint and cucumber. Aoli is spanish garlic mayonnaise and very fattening. Be careful!

SmileyMan said:
2kgs lost. Not good enough :(

I'm calling that an STS equivalent for a VLCD, so I'm banning myself from the chit chat until next week.

Is this because you have cut down on walking? I'm sure you haven't been straying from the diet so it may be this?

Is this because you have cut down on walking? I'm sure you haven't been straying from the diet so it may be this?
Yeah, I've been sitting on my ass playing computer games instead of getting up and getting out.

Back