TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I don't think I'll have any trouble sleeping!

Sometimes you have to plan a day ahead. Sometimes you have to plan a week ahead. Well, today I get to plan a two minute walk (past two sandwich shops that I used to haunt - gargh!) and a five minute drive. I'm literally planning every step, every look, every little decision. Maybe it's over the top, but I've just got to go to crazy nutcase levels to beat the food insanity.

Speak to you all tomorrow. I'll be OK, promise.

I don't think I'll have any trouble sleeping!

Sometimes you have to plan a day ahead. Sometimes you have to plan a week ahead. Well, today I get to plan a two minute walk (past two sandwich shops that I used to haunt - gargh!) and a five minute drive. I'm literally planning every step, every look, every little decision. Maybe it's over the top, but I've just got to go to crazy nutcase levels to beat the food insanity.

Speak to you all tomorrow. I'll be OK, promise.

Oh Smiley... there are 2 things which it is very easy to mistake for hunger pangs...thirst ( I am sure you are drinking enough water)and tiredness. Definitely the last in your case. I promise, if you go and get some decent shut-eye, the world will be a better place and you will feel better. ****ing up is simply not an option, this means too much to you...so there is no choice and no desion to make.

C'mon - it won't get worse, it is a wave of weakness and it will pass. Go Smiley!

Oh Smiley... there are 2 things which it is very easy to mistake for hunger pangs...thirst ( I am sure you are drinking enough water)and tiredness. Definitely the last in your case.!

Tiredness i can relate too, i have 6 month old twins who dont sleep through the night and are wakingup to be fed at different times. Im used to running on 3 hrs sleep a night. Its party why ive gained so much sleep, grab and go. but now i just have a drink instead and if im still hungry half hour later ill have some fruit or a muller light.

This hot weather weve had hasnt helped with the sleeping either im sure ( have you had good weather?)

Its just a little blip, you know how far youve come and its taken control and will power to get you there. if you do slip today, remember its just one slip and get straight back on it again tomorrow. :)

I know u can beat this craving smiley.

Wasn't it you who said that the word was only invented in the 70s by sweet companies - its bit even a REAL thing.

That walk home will be brilliant. Imagine walking past those horrid sarnie places with a smug smile and ur head held high!!

Come in smiley - you can do it. Good nights sleep and back on fighting form tomorrow.

ive made a decision for my sanity, i am going to weigh in fortnightly. i want to weigh in ideally monthly, as i think it makes oyu stick to it more, not knowing how your doing rather than thinking...oh ive lost a couple of pound already i can afford to have that takeaway/pizza/cake etc...and it will show a better result. im going to have to be super committed to pull this off and its going to be hard as hell, but i need to stop obsessing over the scales and make this a way of life rather than wishing the week away until weigh in so i can get some sort of pat on the back for my efforts. i know when im going wrong, i know when ive eaten too much, i need to stop being so obsessed and just live like this without it taking over my every waking thought. so my next weigh in is a week on friday now...eeeeek, can i do it?

Of course you can do it! I used obsessively weigh myself, at least daily, usually more. This time round I only get weighed by my doctor, every two months, and I have to say it's incredibly liberating! In fact I'm going tomorrow for my next check. I was up to a 5.5 stone loss last time, so it'll be nice to see what it is now. The good thing about long interval weighing is that you're bound to have lost some if you've stuck to it, whereas in the short term weight can fluctuate such a lot, especially for us girls! xx

gettingfit said:
I've been weighing every day since going below 8st 12 cause if I go back up to 9 stone I know it will just keep going up and up back to where I started.

Oh yes, I will wrigh more often when I want to maintain my weight, but I'm a good way off that yet. :) xx

Smiley!? Hello? Well?

Please tell me that you stayed strong...but if you didn't, please tell me!

Just about made it! Reading my comments from yesterday I come across as a proper loony! Good thing I didn't have any important meetings at work......

Hooray! Well done Smiley, from what you say the first real test of your resolve so far and you smashed it!

I guess it is never going to be plain sailing, but you proved you can do it. Proud of ya!

Now, today is a new day, I am feeling back in control again (6 mile run last night was brilliant and stuck religiously to cals) so I for one am going to have a 100% super day today. Any one else fancy joining me?

ive made a decision for my sanity, i am going to weigh in fortnightly. i want to weigh in ideally monthly, as i think it makes oyu stick to it more, not knowing how your doing rather than thinking...oh ive lost a couple of pound already i can afford to have that takeaway/pizza/cake etc...and it will show a better result. im going to have to be super committed to pull this off and its going to be hard as hell, but i need to stop obsessing over the scales and make this a way of life rather than wishing the week away until weigh in so i can get some sort of pat on the back for my efforts. i know when im going wrong, i know when ive eaten too much, i need to stop being so obsessed and just live like this without it taking over my every waking thought. so my next weigh in is a week on friday now...eeeeek, can i do it?

I recon this is the best thing you could do for yourself Lou, you are guaranteed to see a loss this way and you can stop chasing your tail.

All is good and groovy here. Just did a run on my elliptical. Even went out to a new indian place last night and ate within cals! Very pleased about that. Got quite a few 'I am Leaving Korea' parties this week so trying to reduce carbs for breakfast and my other meals. Forgotten how much I detest my school lunches though- it means I sometimes just eat the rice since EVERYTHING else is spicy! Today was Kimchi, Pork and Kimchi, Spicy Green Veg, White Rice and a Kimchi Soup.

I have told my school that from September I'll be bringing my own lunches so they'll stop taking my money from me for that. It'll probably be more expensive but it'll probably be more enjoyable in the long run! And I'll be able to have low-carb days much more easily. I quite like mixing them with Low GI days!

Morning All - still around and just about caught up with everything. Well done Smiley for staying strong. No probs with you coming over like a complete loon. We've all had our moments but the important thing is you didn't reach for the cheese sarnie and crisps and we didn't resort to ((hugs)) never mind hon, here have some more crisps as you've done so well... AAAAArrrrrghhh!!! :D

Just finished my morning workout. Tuesday is Core day for me so lots of ab exercises - always a delight when it's "lady fun week" :)

An hour walking workout and 40 minutes swimming today. I'm hoping for a loss on Thursday.

Back